android
Old 01-24-2010, 12:51 AM

Default Installed RockBox Tonite

Hi,

Just installed RockBox on my S60 tonite. I chose Dual Boot mode, and it seems to work fine.

Had a couple quirks, tho minor in that RockBox Main Menu was missing FM Radio item....no biggie...

Other thing was that to get back into RockBox mode after going into Original Firmware Mode, I had to turn off the Battery Switch on the bottom, then turn it back on. Otherwise, once in Original Firmware mode, it wouldn't come back into RockBox mode...again..no biggie once I figured out what to do. I osted a comment ont he RockBox forums for them to mod the manual to make mention of this item.....

So far, RockBox seems very cool.... Little less graphical in use, sounds does seem better, as others have mentioned in other threads....

Dave

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Default follow up

Hi,

The Rockbox port for the Gigabeat S, while not quite 100% is really quite nice !!

It has excellent sound quality, and because it actually shuts down when you turn it off, battery life is greatly improved.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 PM

oh yes, I forgot to mention that the FM Radio issue was not Rockbox's thing, it is in fact a problem with my S60's FM radio functionality.....bad antenna or cold solder joint inside the player....