android
Old 01-23-2010, 03:03 AM

Angry Won't turn on and not recognized!

I purchased my Cowon S9 about 3-4 weeks ago, brand new from Amazon. All was going well. I was excited after updating it with the 2.51 Firmware, which was successfully put onto it. But now my S9 is will not even turn on. Resetting it worked for a day, but it is no longer turning on and is not even recognized by my computer. Did I receive a faulty one? Or can anyone fix this problem? And if I do need to send it in, do I contact Amazon or Cowon?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-23-2010, 01:50 PM

Did you try pressing and holding the reset button again for about 5 seconds or so?

The same thing you described happened to my S9 and reset brought it back.Mine would not turn on and was not recognized in my computer because I deleted some of the default SOL files while cleaning out an old UCI in my system/flash ui folder.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:25 PM

I did try that and had no luck. I really have run out of things to do and I think I'm just gonna send it in, get it fixed, and sell it. Cowon has disappointed me. For it being a great MP3 player, it has too many problems.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
And if I do need to send it in, do I contact Amazon or Cowon?
You have a 30 day window to return a defective unit from Amazon and they will even send you a free shipping label to return it to them.All you do is go into your Amazon account and find your purchases and follow the return links.

I bought my S9 at Amazon after doing a return for a defective Sony player,I guess there can be a bad unit out of so many made wether it's a Cowon or a Sony.

Another thing you may try,is sliding the power switch on and then trying the reset,that's what I did and to clarify the reset hole is the one below the microphone hole nearest to the bottom of the unit.