android
Old 12-10-2006, 06:25 PM

Question What Software for Synching?

Im a new sansa user and wondering what media player software (don't have or want rhapsody version) would most completely synch music (also id3 tags, and playlists) to the mp3 player? Right now i have itunes and a hack to use that to completely synch would be awesome, but am willing to change programs.

lyonheart

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Check out MediaMonkey (free download), Iím use the Gold version which you have to pay for. I use to sync it just fine, but now Iím just doing drag & drop.

Link: http://mediamonkey.com/

PS apologies for sounding like I have some connection to them, I donít, it just works fine for me.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-10-2006, 06:39 PM

WMP, rhapsody is in the disc of the e200 just install it

Old 12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

WMP, MM or Winamp all work well for syncing as long as you know how to use them.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Old 12-11-2006, 03:23 PM

The only thing I dont like about Winamp or Media Monkey, and when you are in MSC mode is: If by chance you upload your music collection to your e200 with a few ID3 Tag errors (misspellings; faults of the person who labelled them)... and find yourself editing them in MM or Winamp; you will be surprised to find that they will not change on your Sansa for a long time. I have not payed that much attention to it; but eventually they will fix themselves. Yes it did "refresh" the memory; but it had no effect for quite a long time. Regardless; it's *MY* fault for not synching my mp3 player on MTP mode to WMP 11 on a WinXP system....

Old 12-11-2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0ug View Post
If by chance you upload your music collection to your e200 with a few ID3 Tag errors (misspellings; faults of the person who labelled them)... and find yourself editing them in MM or Winamp; you will be surprised to find that they will not change on your Sansa for a long time. ... it's *MY* fault for not synching my mp3 player on MTP mode to WMP 11
I'm not sure it's an MSC vs. MTP issue. I've observed similar behavior even when I sync my Sansa e280 with WMP 11 in MTP mode, after updating Album or Artist tags. WMP reports that it's updated the song info; but when I look inside the Sansa's Music folder, it's put the mp3 file in a new folder with the changed Album/Artist spelling, but the old folder and mp3 are still there too.

What I do now if I update tags, is first delete the Album or Artist folder for the updated song from the Sansa, and only after that sync with WMP 11.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:36 PM

I use WMP 10 and dont even have an MP3 player but i put songs on my friends player without hardly knowing anything bout it! so obvously, its pretty simple

Old 12-12-2006, 07:12 PM

thanks

lyonheart

Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM

I use WMP 10 to synch also. Works fine, but I do use MusicMatch to rip my CD's as it is much faster (my experience anyway).

One thing that does frustrate me and it might be my lack of knowledge. I cannot seem to synch playlists and entire CD's at the same time. If I have a bunch of CD's on the e200 and want to load more, it keeps what is on the player intact and just adds to it.

If however, I have a bunch of playlists on the e200 and try to add more playlists or add more CD's, it wipes out the previous playlists.

So basically I have resorted to just synching up complete CD's and no playlists.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM

Has anyone used iTunes agent - http://ita.sourceforge.net/

Old 12-12-2006, 08:52 PM

I was using Rhapsody before and loved it but than my monitor broke for my computer. Now i'm on my dad's laptop and it won't let me install Rhapsody. I recently downloaded Media Monkey and it worked flawlessly with putting music on my sansa e200.

Hm.. smithj, i'm gonna try that out! I love iTunes and I use it constantly, hope it work's great .

** Hm.. Seems like iTunes Agent can't recognize my Sansa e260 player. It is currently on the dock and it's not recognizing through iTunes Agent but it recognizes it through everywhere else.. Hm.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel II View Post
I use WMP 10 to synch also. ... If however, I have a bunch of playlists on the e200 and try to add more playlists or add more CD's, it wipes out the previous playlists.
On the previous playlists that got deleted from your player, were those old playlists still in WMP's playlists and did you include them in your Sync settings?

What I'm getting at is when WMP syncs playlists, it's going to set the player to have exactly those playlists that are included in your Sync settings, including deleting any playlists on the player that aren't in the Sync settings. I wonder if your old playlists got deleted because they weren't in the sync list.

I've used WMP 10 & 11 to add playlists with the Sansa and other players, and it doesn't delete old playlists if I include them in the sync settings. In fact with the Sansa's incompetent firmware, my problem with deletes is the opposite, it sometimes fails to delete a playlist from my Sansa when I remove it from my sync settings.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:16 PM

I haven't used itunes agent for the Sansa, I am looking to purchase a Sansa and wondered if it worked for anyone. I believe it relies on the Disk mode of some players. I think I will be getting the Sansa 280R soon so I will try to get it working.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM

What do you mean by disk mode? Do you mean MSC mode..

**Well you are correct smithj!! It does work with iTunes Agent! I had to turn it into MSC mode and it worked flawlessly. You will need to put these setting thouse in the preferences when adding a new player.

Name: **Any name you want**
Synchronize pattern: iTunes
Music folder: Media\Music
Recognize by folder/file: SYSTEM
Associate with playlist: Use device name...

Also, you will have to put it into MSC mode not MTP mode!

Those are the setting and things you will have to put to enable the sansa player to work with iTunes Agent!

Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 PM

Awesome, I have no clue what he MSC and MTP stand for.

Am I missing a good intro guide on the forum.

Are you able to sync in this manner and still use rhapsody for subscription services? That would be my ideal setup!

Old 12-12-2006, 09:56 PM

yeah definately, you'll still be able to use the rhapsody setup.

Look around the forums, there are tons of things around about MSC and MTP. , this iTunes Agent is pretty cool!

Old 11-13-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pNoyr3D View Post
What do you mean by disk mode? Do you mean MSC mode..

**Well you are correct smithj!! It does work with iTunes Agent! I had to turn it into MSC mode and it worked flawlessly. You will need to put these setting thouse in the preferences when adding a new player.

Name: **Any name you want**
Synchronize pattern: iTunes
Music folder: Media\Music
Recognize by folder/file: SYSTEM
Associate with playlist: Use device name...

Also, you will have to put it into MSC mode not MTP mode!

Those are the setting and things you will have to put to enable the sansa player to work with iTunes Agent!
Doesn't work for me

Old 01-19-2008, 12:41 PM

I Love Mediamonkey

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm

Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM

All,

what is the best way to synch if you have a memory card as well? am trying to figure out how to sync once, have it write the the sansa and the memory card at the same time. In WMP, it appears that you have to sync to the play, then sync to the memory card as well, meaning i have to do a whole lot more manipulating that desired, plus deal with duplicates...is there something obvious i am missing? if i sync in msc mode rather than mtp does this take care of the challenge?

Old 01-26-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme123 View Post
I Love Mediamonkey
I have been using Media Monkey as well and like it.

Today I tried J River Media Jukebox Freeware at;

http://www.mediajukebox.com/

I checked it connected ok to my Sansa 260R. I didn't have time to do much with it.