android
Old 01-19-2010, 12:31 PM

Default Clip frozen need help reseting

My clip was improperly removed from the computer and now when I boot it it comes up with the error:
"Not enough space for Music DB. Please free 30MB."
When I connect it to the computer Windows freezes when clicked on in my computer. My mac will detect it in disk utility but will not be able to erase it. I think it just needs to be erased and firmware reset.

What should I do?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Can you format it from the Windows utility? In my computer, right click the drive and format.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:04 PM

No when I right click on the device explorer locks up and just freezes. One thing I did find is that if I unplug the device while holding the center button and leaving it on hold it will boot up but still does not work even after formatting from the menu and resetting all.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:47 PM

that's sounds like a proper pickle. Have you tried something like gparted?

Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM

Well in playing around with the device I might have an idea whats going on. When I try to make a voice recording I tell it to save the file. Then when I go to play it it will act like it is going to play but just sit at 0:00 and play nothing. So I think the problem might be that the memory chip has been disconected from the board or it is corrupt because I can format it and it formats in less than a second and will not save anything to it. Also the guy I bought it from said he had songs on it and In the play menu there are no songs listed. So any idea? should I open it up and see what it looks like inside? It looks like the player has been dropped somewhat hard because of a dent on one side and a small crack on the other.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:30 PM
ABI Invaluable

Did you try reset?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-19-2010, 04:04 PM

What is reset? Also in windows I did finally get to the format window but when I format with quick format or just format it comes up with an error that "windows could not format this device". I don't think I am going to open it up actually because it looks like the memory chip is onboard and not socketed.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:01 PM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-mod View Post
What is reset? ... ...
Hold down the power button for about 15 to 20 seconds to perform a reset.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM

I tried that and it does nothing. Same issues. Think it would do any good to call Sandisk and see if they have any idea on whats going on?

Old 01-20-2010, 02:42 AM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-mod View Post
I tried that and it does nothing. Same issues. Think it would do any good to call Sandisk and see if they have any idea on whats going on?
It couldn't hurt to call them.

On another note, I thought I bricked one of mine once as the player was completly unresponsive and wouldn't even turn on, even though the battery was charged. Total black screen and nothing, the only way I was able to fix it was by: engaging the lock feature, pressing center button and connecting to pc at the same time. Then I was able to format and re-firmware, once disconnected from pc it came back fine and is still running fine months later. BTW, mine's not the "plus" model, it's one of the origionals, good luck ...

Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Sorry for the bump, but I actually just got this same problem. For me, though, it won't let me into the fw at all, it just displays that and shuts down. Also, it won't connect to the computer, it just shuts down. The odd thing is that this all happened after I formatted it. I'll try resetting and stuff and post if that works.

edit: I got it connected by holding home (for the rockbox bootloader...did I mention I had installed that?) until it said connected. Formatting...

Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 AM
ABI Invaluable

ultrauber,
Not sure that a format would help, it would delete the .rockbox folder that’s needed by rockbox. You would have to add it back if you want to continue using rockbox. Although if you want to remove rockbox, you would need to re-firmware with the OF firmware that hasn’t been patched.

Last edited by WalkGood; 06-07-2010 at 10:43 AM.