android
Old 01-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Default How to break a file into movements?

I have downloaded a string quartet (private recording) to the s9 and added tags and a jpeg cover with mp3tag - all works fine, but how do I edit the mp3 file so that it breaks the file into 4 movements (tracks)? I want to be able to press the skip forward or back button, and for it to move to the next (previous) movement, but at present it just skips back to the beginning of the file.

thanks in advance for any advice!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 AM

http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html - cutting is the only way with most MP3 players (except Rockboxed ones, which support CUE sheets).

Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 AM

I'm currently using the AVS Audio Editor. Are you saying that mp3DirectCut has other features? "Cut" (to me) means "copy to clipboard, then delete"...

Old 01-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Best you read the description/info on the site I linked. MP3DirectCut is lossless, non-destructive - contrary to that AVS editor, which has to decode and re-encode the MP3 files, thus it's decreasing audio quality.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:59 AM

Great link, Thank you dfkt!

Old 01-17-2010, 02:29 PM

But I dont want to CUT the single file into 3 or 4 separate files, I have just spent time assembling them together! I want to skip forward or back to the start of a track or movement - like you can in audiobooks.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:33 PM

You can't do that on the S9, or most other players. Why did you merge the files anyway? The S9 would play them gapless even as separate tracks, without pause between them, if that's how they're meant to be played.

Not sure what you mean with 'audiobooks' - you probably mean the proprietary Audible format? Since I'm not aware of chapter support in any other format, like MP3.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:46 PM

yes, I did mean audible.

oh well, I will have to store movements as separate files in future.

Tags
id3, track