android
Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Default Album art Folder.jpg not working

Hi guys,

Spent ages going through all my Albums and adding a Folder.jpg image to each of them.

In Foobar2000 (My laptop's audio player) it displays these fine but the Cowon S9 doesn't.

Is it meant to be called something else?

A bit annoyed after all this work!

Cheers,

Laurence

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2010, 07:51 PM

yeah im having the same problem. Im using mediamonkey and it displays the album art fine but when i put it on the s9 it doesnt work. Its just for 2 albums though and everything else works just fine

Old 01-16-2010, 08:12 PM

i have mine named Cover and the easy way to rename all the images is to do a search within the MUSIC Folder and just Select All the Files and Highlight/Rename the First File then all the Files will be renamed.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:07 PM

yes, ^^^ I'm pretty sure its cover.jpg

Old 01-17-2010, 12:53 AM

on a related note, is it possible to force the S9 to look at "Cover.jpg" instead of embedded artwork? (without removing embedded artwork from all the files)

Old 01-17-2010, 02:44 AM

I had the same problem. The easiest fix is embed the album art into the mp3, using Mp3tag or use Dbpoweramp to rip your music.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM

Hi guys,

Renamed them all to cover.jpg and still not working .

Old 01-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Sorry, Cover.jpg worked. When I renamed them it added a (1) to the end of them all. Had to do each one manually. Windows 7 rename/search sucks.

Thanks guys!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex View Post
Sorry, Cover.jpg worked. When I renamed them it added a (1) to the end of them all. Had to do each one manually. Windows 7 rename/search sucks.

Thanks guys!
word. I recall someone linking to a search/replace program a while back in this forum. I think its under the sansa clip, there's a thing called m3u playlists in msc. And in the op there's a link. Just saying

Old 01-17-2010, 12:26 PM

Ah great, now it doesn't show up in Foobar2000..

Hahahaha, can't have it all it seems... I'll have to look into that embedding thing, just seems like so much work just for a bit of artwork to be displayed..

Thanks man.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Hahahaha, can't have it all it seems... I'll have to look into that embedding thing, just seems like so much work just for a bit of artwork to be displayed..

Thanks man.

If you rip with dbpoweramp, it does all the work for you. And supposedly on par in quality to EAC.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
You can tell FB2k what file names to look for (Preferences > Display). However, FB2k looks for both cover.jpg and folder.jpg by default, so you might have changed the default - or maybe you use an outdated version of FB2k.

But yeah, embedded album art makes more sense anyways, at least to me.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 PM

is there a size limit to embedded artwork in FLAC and MP3 files? whenever i embedded artwork in iTunes or WMP, it reduced the picture size substantially (as well as pixel quality). but can dbpoweramp or similar put in, say, 1500x1500 images and maintain their original quality across programs and devices?

Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steagle View Post
is there a size limit to embedded artwork in FLAC and MP3 files? whenever i embedded artwork in iTunes or WMP, it reduced the picture size substantially (as well as pixel quality). but can dbpoweramp or similar put in, say, 1500x1500 images and maintain their original quality across programs and devices?
Yes, but they will look slightly-not-awesome on portable devices where they must be scaled down. I recommend putting the 1500x1500 jpg on your s9 and opening it with the picture viewer. Zoom out to where you can see the whole thing. That's what it will look like.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
Yes, but they will look slightly-not-awesome on portable devices where they must be scaled down. I recommend putting the 1500x1500 jpg on your s9 and opening it with the picture viewer. Zoom out to where you can see the whole thing. That's what it will look like.
This will also increase the size of your files, thereby limiting the amount of songs on your S9. If you're planning on 1500x1500 I would go the cover.jpg route. I don't embed anything over 400x400. If I have a larger image, I archive the pic in the album folder and make sure it doesn't travel with the song files by synching with preset turning that feature off.

If you go the cover.jpg method, it also makes the files available to your picture browser. This isn't something that I preferred. So I decided to embed the art at 400x400. The S9 can't view at this size, but, finding art was such a pain, I decided to go with art larger than 272x272 so I don't have to retag to embed larger files with my next DAP. I also archive any files at the original size if they are larger than 400x400 for the purchase after my next DAP.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:56 PM

i don't have anything embedded right now - just the cover.jpg files in each music folder. the resizing on the S9 is really bad, but i don't feel like creating custom images from my originals, embedding them, and re-transferring to the S9 just for a better artwork display. i mostly use the S9 in my car as i commute to/from work and never even look at it once it's playing an album so it's something i can live with. but maybe if i'm uber bored one weekend i'll test the 272x272 idea out for a new batch of transfers.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:43 PM

you guys realize you can have them both ways... Embedded or by Folder

Old 01-19-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steagle View Post
on a related note, is it possible to force the S9 to look at "Cover.jpg" instead of embedded artwork? (without removing embedded artwork from all the files)

Old 01-19-2010, 10:14 PM

umm... doesn't the S9 look for either one regardless if your Browsing/Playing through the Folder or Tag Browser.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:03 AM

Having a file named "cover" or "cover.jpg" will override any embedded artwork, just to clarify.