android
Old 09-29-2011, 11:01 PM

Angry New Zune Pass

With the new price of 9.99 for music, and music video streaming and no credits does anyone still plan on buying the zune pass? I would just assume use spotify free and youtube for music videos. I'm sad to say this will be my last month of purchasing one. I mostly used it for the song credits that I got each month and the streaming that came along with it. I wish they would have kept an option for people who didn't care for music videos but still wanted credits.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 PM

It seems that current subscribers will be "grandfathered" in. So it seems you currently pay for the service, if you continue to pay the $15, you will get your 10 songs/month.

link: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...ice-in-us.aspx

"There is one important change: Under the new plan, you no longer get 10 free MP3s to keep each month. (Current subscribers can stay on the $14.99 plan with 10 free downloads, if they choose. )"

Last edited by Swizzle; 09-29-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Without quotes it's just plain plagiarism

Old 09-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Exactly what Swizzle says. But you know, having the new Zune Pass has advantages over Spotify and YouTube in that both of those are PURELY streaming. And they don't do you any good if you want to take music with you on your Zune.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:04 AM

Unfortunately I pay month to month, buying the passes in stores.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 AM

I pay 9.99 for Rhapsody and find it a great deal to use with my Clip Zip. If Zune had been 9.99 just a couple of months ago, I would've bought a Zune HD. It's a good deal, if you feel a need to get 10 credits, just go ove to Amazon and get one of the $5 albums. They would sure to have something you want and that changes every month.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertrash View Post
I pay 9.99 for Rhapsody and find it a great deal to use with my Clip Zip. If Zune had been 9.99 just a couple of months ago, I would've bought a Zune HD. It's a good deal, if you feel a need to get 10 credits, just go ove to Amazon and get one of the $5 albums. They would sure to have something you want and that changes every month.
True, Amazon does have many albums for $5. I just check and they have over 214,000 albums under $5 currently.

You know what would be great? If Microsoft buys Hulu and integrate that into Zune and sell both services for $15.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If I was just getting into this hobby, I might well try the Zune Pass or Rhapsody, to hear a lot of new tunes. However, I've already got more than enough tunes to keep me busy, and money's a bit tight....so I'll pass on these services at this point.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:40 PM

Spotify is promising. But, man, the Spotify software and the Spotify (iPhone) mobile app suck compared to Zune Software and Zune Player. Heck, it sucks compared to iTunes and the iPod App and iTunes/iPod App sucks in and of itself.

<-- Zune, Zune Pass, Spotify Premium, iTunes and iPhone user.

Last edited by Stujoe; 10-01-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 PM

With this new price being the same as Spotify and MOG's premium services, I'm surprised they aren't adding more features that the other guys offer such as an app for iOS & Android, sharing of user created playlists, FB integration, etc. - there isn't anything that makes it more valuable and feature-rich over the competition. In these times you have to innovate and introduce features that the competition doesn't have and with music streaming becoming very popular recently it looks like MS failed to bring anything new and competitive to the table. Music videos? Like everyone else I'll stick to youtube for that.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
With this new price being the same as Spotify and MOG's premium services, I'm surprised they aren't adding more features that the other guys offer such as an app for iOS & Android, sharing of user created playlists, FB integration, etc. - there isn't anything that makes it more valuable and feature-rich over the competition. In these times you have to innovate and introduce features that the competition doesn't have and with music streaming becoming very popular recently it looks like MS failed to bring anything new and competitive to the table. Music videos? Like everyone else I'll stick to youtube for that.
Thats the same way I feel. I might as well go to youtube for that and it sounds like, but I could be wrong, that you can only stream the videos meaning you wouldn't be able to watch them on the zune hd. Like you said the price is competitive but it doesn't really bring anything new that the other services like rhapsody, spotify or napster didn't already have. The only thing that it changed was the addition of music videos. For me the song credits and integration with zune made me choose it over the competition.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM

I've had the regular Zune Pass for a couple of years. How do I switch to the new cheaper option?

Old 10-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
I've had the regular Zune Pass for a couple of years. How do I switch to the new cheaper option?
If I had to guess, I'd assume that when the time comes for you to re-up your subscription, there will be an option to "downgrade"