android
Old 01-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Default Album Covers in low quality

I've recently started using mtp mode to sync play counts. The only downside being that all my album covers (apart from syncing wonderfully) are incredibly bad quality.

It happened when i used media jukebox and winamp, I'm going to try again with mm and see how that goes but i fear extra advive will be needed.

Help please.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-06-2010, 03:57 PM

Are you tagging the tracks with good quality album covers yourself? If not, there's your answer.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 AM

Don't worry i'm not an idiot.

I have checked - it works fine with mediamonkey, but winamp causes it to be in low res.

I am using a music uci which has enlargened artwork and using it in mtp mode.

I prefer winamp as the ui is better and it has a playlist of podcasts that is great compared to mediamonkey.

Any help appreciated.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:17 PM

Tag&Rename is what i use ,still get some poor art ,a little jagged round the edges ,due to players poor ability at resizing ,same reason picture viewer screws up pics when using zoom function ,needs a firmware fix.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:35 AM

I resized all of my album art to 274x274. then retaged everything. I thnk if you do a search you will see that that size is perfect for the s9. I used faststone photo resizer; which is a free tool to resize all of my folder jpg's. I tag all of my mp3's with mp3tag; which is free as well. I found all of this info on this site as well. Just do some searches you will find some real good info here.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:59 PM

i'm a s9 newbie so excuse me if this a dumb suggestion. but wouldn't you want your album artwork to be the highest quality/size possible, if you are using the same files on your laptop or desktop in your preferred music program? or are you talking about taking a group of files and embedding artwork in them for the sake of transferring to a PMP like the S9?

Old 01-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Sometimes when I use Photoshop to resize images it makes the edges go a little faint, which is very annoying. To correct this I just crop the image 1 pixel inwards on all sides. I lose 2 pixels on the width and height, but it fixes the problem.