android
Old 01-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Default Problem syncing FLAC files

Hi, I just got a Cowon S9 for Christmas and I've been having some issues copying my FLAC files to my player. I'm currently using MediaMonkey Gold v3.2 and whenever I try to copy them over using MTP mode it would convert them to mp3, so I found an option in MM that allowed me to tell MM that the S9 was compatible. Unfortunately, whenever I try to sync them over now it doesn't recognize the files, and when I open them in the folder view the artist and album names come up in some random Korean letters (at least I figure it's Korean since it is made over there). I know my tags are great because when I used MSC it would play them, but I like MTP because I don't have to tag album artwork directly to each file which helps me save space, and I generally seeing tagging FLAC with the artwork as a "no-no", and link the files to the folder.jpg in each folder I have.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and if this has been covered before, but I couldn't see anything similar in the search. Other than this, the player is ridiculously amazing though, and I'm loving every moment with it.

Thanks!
KGH

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2010, 01:07 PM

MTP in general does not support flac.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If there's a folder.jpg file in your FLAC folders, change it's name to cover.jpg when you put them on the S9.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM

Thanks Olley!