android
Old 12-22-2009, 01:11 AM

Unhappy T10 freezes and will not detect on computer

I have had my T10 for approximately 12 months and it has been working well up until about 3 weeks ago.

Now when I switch it on the welcome screen comes up but it freezes after a couple of seconds and will not respond to anything but the reset button. The centre button flashes on and off while it is frozen. It also does this if I plug it into my PC - it says installing driver software but nothing happens.

I have tried to update the firmware, but can't because it doesn't detect on the computer.

I also tried using the FWDN program to update the firmware, but have the same problem because it won't detect.

I've tried to do some things suggested in other threads but have had no luck.

Is there anything else I can try before resorting to buying a new player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2009, 09:39 AM

check to see if you are under warranty and then send it. i got min repaired while it was under warranty and i have had not a problem since. when i 1st registered mine i got a few extra months added to the warranty period. check it to see what you status is.
if you send it in, include a note describing the problem you are having.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:32 AM

i just checked the receipt and guess what, i bought it in october of 08 so of course no warranty, as soon as warranty expires things break on you, go figure, so i am still looking for suggestions on how to fix freezing problem and computer not detecting player? please please help me.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Well I got two questions I'll need answered if there's any chacne of helping you since your warrenty is done with (useless crap anyways)

When you plug the MP3 player in, does anything happen on the mp3? Like battery charging, or USB Connected or something like that?

Also what is your operating system your using?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 AM

i plugged the mp3 player into the computer and it was working, the computer detected it and i transfered some songs over to see if it was working properly. i then listened to a song through the headphones, and by magic i was listening to music........but then after 20 seconds it switched off and then a high pitched sound came on, and the only way to turn player off was via the reset button i followed another thread about the high pitch sound but to no avail, seriously what is a girl to do.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaxton honey View Post
I have had my T10 for approximately 12 months and it has been working well up until about 3 weeks ago.

Now when I switch it on the welcome screen comes up but it freezes after a couple of seconds and will not respond to anything but the reset button. The centre button flashes on and off while it is frozen. It also does this if I plug it into my PC - it says installing driver software but nothing happens.

I have tried to update the firmware, but can't because it doesn't detect on the computer.

I also tried using the FWDN program to update the firmware, but have the same problem because it won't detect.

I've tried to do some things suggested in other threads but have had no luck.

Is there anything else I can try before resorting to buying a new player?

the T10 seems to fail a lot, a friend got this to replace his T10, it leaves the Samsung for Dead and is a lot cheaper, Transend MP860

http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=

Here they are still selling the T10 4GB at $199nz but the MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 PM

Default yp t10 problem

we have a same problem,,my yp t10 is hanging up..and the sounds is not working,,,ive connect it in the pc but its not working...some says that maybe i try to upgrade the RSC file..but i dont know how to do it,,,please help us,,,,thnks