android
Old 12-18-2009, 03:37 PM

Default RESOLVED: Can the Clip+ stack multiple playlists?

EDIT: now that I've received the product, I've answered the question myself - it cannot stack playlists.

I've searched but can't find this specific question/answer; please pardon me if I missed it.

Can you stack multiple playlists on the Clip+?

For instance, if I'm playing my Jazz playlist, can I pile my Christmas playlist on top of it, combining both? If so, does random play work to really mix 'em up?

I just ordered a Clip+ for my restaurant's music playback; we mix and match playlists for different times of day and seasons. We've been using an ancient hard-drive Creative Nomad 3 Jukebox, but it's dying. It has the ability to select a different playlist during music playback and choose "Add To Play" to stack it on top of whatever was already selected - very handy.

I'm hoping the Clip+ can do this too.

If stacked playlists don't work, is there a limit on the number of songs in an MTP playlist? I could hack a fix by creating a "Jazz+Christmas" playlist for instance.

We won't get our new player for a week or so; I'm trying to get prepared to load it up before it arrives - thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by JimInPT; 01-18-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2009, 07:42 PM

Anybody?

About 100 views and no comments yet; there must be some Clip+ owners who know the answer to this one.

Thanks.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:37 AM

One more try to see if I can get an answer from Clip+ owners. Perhaps someone could give it a try and see if it works.

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Since you're the one looking for an answer why don't you give it a try. Actually, I'm not really sure what you are trying to do. You can have multiple playlists, and you could combine two or more using a text editor, but once loaded they are just the way they are. You can create a single preferred list from the player.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 PM

AFAIK stacked playlists do not work on it like you describe on the Creative Nomad 3 Jukebox, but you can have multiple playlists on it.

Edit: please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong once you get it, I just don't like or do mtp ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Edit: please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong once you get it, I just don't like or do mtp ...
You can easily make a playlist using MSC. I do it ALL the time.

Steve

Old 01-02-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
You can easily make a playlist using MSC. I do it ALL the time.

Steve
That I knew, I was refering to the stacking of playlists, which I do not believe the clip does.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
That I knew, I was refering to the stacking of playlists, which I do not believe the clip does.
Sorry, but I interpreted your statement "please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong once you get it, I just don't like or do mtp ...", to mean that you needed to use mtp to use playlists. And given the "poor" coverage (IMHO) of MSC playlists in today's front page story, I was perhaps a little picky.

Steve

Old 01-03-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Sorry, but I interpreted your statement "please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong once you get it, I just don't like or do mtp ...", to mean that you needed to use mtp to use playlists. And given the "poor" coverage (IMHO) of MSC playlists in today's front page story, I was perhaps a little picky.

Steve
No problem, not offended, was referring to the OP's line:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInPT View Post
... ... If stacked playlists don't work, is there a limit on the number of songs in an MTP playlist? ...
But I certainly agree with you, do them in MSC ftw, although as I said above, AFAIK they won't stack. As I'm sure there is a limit, but I've never read one on the clip, in theory you should be able to use all the files on the player.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61430 View Post
Since you're the one looking for an answer why don't you give it a try. Actually, I'm not really sure what you are trying to do.
When I posted the question, and for several days thereafter, I hadn't yet received the Clip so I couldn't give it a try. It just came in, so will have to try it, but I think others have answered the question.

Essentially, I was wondering if (for example) I have a Jazz playlist and a Blues playlist, is it possible to be playing the Jazz list and add the Blues list to it? I could create yet another "Jazz+Blues" third playlist, but that defeats the idea of mixing 'n matching playlists on an ad hoc basis as the situation demands.

Tags
clip+, multiple, playlist, stack