android
Old 12-06-2009, 10:41 AM

Default are the controls good/easy to use?

After my trusty yp-z5 died I had a look to the available players in the shops around where I live and I saw the Q2.
I really liked the technical specs, the ability to browser by folder and the price .
My question is are the controls easy to use? I find touchscreens impratical for DAPs since I want to be able to do things like skippings songs and change volume without taking the player out of my pocket and looking at the screen.
I played a bit with the Q2 in the shop and I found the controls a bit slow and unresponsive. Does it get better with practice? or is this player hard to use without looking?
Thanks!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Samsung Moderator

The touch pad is very bad. You cannot use the Q2 in your pocket!

Old 12-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You really can't use it without looking at it.

I've gotten used to mine, and the sound is good enough for me to give the controls some slack....the hold button is essential. But I don't often use it away from home.

lebellium is right....you have to take it out of the pocket to do anything with it.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:58 PM

Like the other two said, it's pretty impossible to navigate blindly, but you can get headphones with an inline remote and use that, which is what I plan on doing.

Last edited by xstarburst; 03-11-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 PM

@xstarburst Thanks but I ended up buying the R0 which has real buttons and is very easy to operate without looking.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Ahh how's the R0? I was thinking about getting that, but I didn't like how the sd card doesn't integrate with the libraries.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 AM

In my opinion the hardware is pretty good. Solid metal body, real mechanical buttons and so on.
Is the software which is a bit lacking. As you said there is the microsd issue. It doesn't affect me since I only use the internal memory. And after many firmware revisions there are still some bugs. They're not too bad so the end result is a decent player

Tags
controls, samsung q2, usability