android
Old 12-16-2009, 03:04 AM

I love it ! Could be even better with integrated "play speed" option and the ability to choose the color of the playing bar (the one that moves on the elapsed / total time left bar)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 AM

"Could be even better with integrated "play speed" option"

This is included. Open the menu and tap the volume icon in the volume slider. The volume slider becomes a playback speed slider then.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 PM

FDX:

WOW. This is, without any sort of contest whatsoever, the greatest UCI I have ever tried. I'm not a huge fan of Claw's because although it is truly a fantastic work, I like Cowon's interface, and don't mind most of the lack of options that Claw's adds.

Your hard work really shows...all of the features I could ever want or need are readily included, not more than two taps away. The options that you give are also customizable, which is great, because with a lot of UCIs they customize it their own way and you go from feeling stuck in Cowon's relatively limited (but still good) feature set to feeling stuck in the custom UCI's relatively limited feature set. sorry if that's confusing. yours is not limited. it's fantastic. also, even though this is a beta, I find absolutely no flaws whatsoever. beautiful.

umm...yeah. this is the first time I haven't been able to think of an improvement that would really change the UCI. it's so well thought-out! here are some things to consider that aren't criticism, but just fun stuff:
-glossy animation over the album art like Utopia was going to have
-drag finger up/down over album art to change volume. don't get me wrong, yours, with a volume change only two gestures away, is fantastic (FANTASTIC!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.) but this simple change might be even better. of course, if you find that it would be too easy to accidentally change tracks (if the interface becomes to sensitive) then that's an understandable omission.

wow dude...can't think of a single thing wrong with this UCI. this trumps everything, including Utopia, the beta of which has been my favorite so far. great job!

Old 12-18-2009, 01:02 PM

Just so you know, I'm loving it, so can you please keep up the good work
And for the first time, people seem pretty comfortable navigating round it (except now that I've changed the browser settings, but even then I shuffle all most of the time so no worries for people navigating my songs anyway)

As we're beta-ing though, some constructive comments. Up swipe for volume. And I'd like to see your implementing of the alternate 'sideways' browser. Thats all really

Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 AM

Thanks a lot for the nice feedback from you two, Cardshark and gebal.

I had no time to add more feature to DE because of school (exams), but since there are vacations now, I can continue coding.
(Actually, I started coding on it yesterday)

Here is the new development progress (copied from iaudiophile.net):

Quote:
I already added an option to control the album art animation and I collected information about the performance of these animations ('disabled' excluded):

1. Fade (very smooth and fast, the best animation IMO)
2. Slide (also very smooth, but the fading seems to be better)
3. Fade & slide (few lags during the animation)

The option 'disable album art reflection' BTW causes a worse smoothness of these animation. Because of that you shouldn't use this option and enable the reflection.
The worse performance is because of the black background I have to fade in when the album art appears - otherwise you'd see the wallpaper in the info area.
Quote:
added features

new gestures
| now you can swipe up and down to change the volume. you can hold the finger when you swiped up to in-/decrease the volume automatically, you don't have to swipe several times to go to the volume you want.
you can also use swipe up/down to interrupt the random track gesture.

new option | [show gesture overlays / don't show gesture overlays]
I think the name says all, but here's the explanation though. this option en- or disables the visual overlays you see when you perform a gesture.

planned features

these are features I'm going to code in the near future only. please don't suggest already suggested things.
new options
  • [album art: stretch to fit / album art: expand to fit]
    if the album art hasn't a regular size ('regular size' means: width = height), this option controls the resizing method.
  • [show LRC/LDB viewer automatically / don't show LRC/LDB viewer automatically]
    this option is self-explanatory.
    if the track has both LRC and LDB lyrics, LRC is preferred.

Last edited by FDX; 12-22-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM

(already replied to this in iaudiophile as Houle_marauder but what the hell)

AWESOME.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 PM

how do I install this Music UI? paste it in the Flash UI folder right?

Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 PM

"paste it in the Flash UI folder right?"

yeah

Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 PM

I love IT!

Thanks A Lot, can't wait for the final version....

Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM

Hi, I am experience a small problem. I don't know if its the Music UI or the device. I loaded some songs w/ Album Art and it seems to lag/cut off/skipping at the beginning of the track, is there anyway to fix this?

Last edited by Testament; 12-24-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:08 PM

That's a firmware issue and happens on very large album art.

I use album art with max 300x300px size, because the bigger the dimensions are, the more performance is needed to load album art which causes long load times and less battery.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 PM

Thumb Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiem0nst3r View Post
FEATURE Request:
Once you implement the horizontal view, it will extend the navigation bar, thus making it a little bit easier. But I think extra mile would be implementing a circular motion gesture, to fast forward or rewind in the song. Similar to the gesture used for navigating radio stations, and how the Ipod Classic has the wheel.
I like this idea! I may be picturing it in a different way than you intended... but IMO, it would work best if you could tap the album art (or maybe a button somewhere) to bring up a large "scroll wheel" overlay, which you could then "spin" to fast forward/rewind.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:39 AM

Very nice suggestion - it's added to my to-do list.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:39 AM

Dark Evolution v0.8 Beta 2 contains lots of new possibilities to customize the music screen such as the ability to change the album art animation, the Track Preview behavior and lots of other options.

In detail the following features amongst others are added:
- 3 different album art animations (fade & slide, fade, slide)
- lock screen support (accessible in the QuickAccess menu, auto-detection whether lock.swf file exists)
- new gestures (up/down to change volume and interrupt the random track gesture)
- single tap on album art to play/pause the current track (you can switch this off in the options)
- automatic opening of the LRC/LDB viewer if file contains lyrics (has to be switched on in the options)
- seekbar is locked when a fullcreen menu (in this version the Track Preview feature and the settings menu) is visible (can be switched off in the settings menu)

Also a few bugs are fixed such as the bug that the LDB viewer opened automatically when you closed the Track Preview feature (was only there if the file contains an LDB lyric)

[ mediafire | megaupload | uploaded.to | aero-uci.bplaced.de ]

Please don't upload this UCI somewhere else!

Last edited by FDX; 12-25-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:48 PM

GREAT! but link doesn't work

edit: now its Working!

Last edited by Testament; 12-25-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
new gestures | now you can swipe up and down to change the volume. you can hold the finger when you swiped up to in-/decrease the volume automatically
How do I turn this OFF...

Last edited by Testament; 12-26-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:34 PM

Testament just want to say i have same combinations turbines and s9 at its beautiful, i was wondering what eq u use?

Old 12-31-2009, 06:14 PM

Dark Evolution v0.9 Beta 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyumezidyoz

Using the new wallpaper editor (horizontal mode only):

1. Create the folder 'wallpapers' in System/Flash UI/.
2. Put in it the wallpapers you want to use. The size doesn't matter because you can drag the picture and choose the area you want to use as wallpaper.
3. Go in horizontal mode, open the menu by tapping the arrow button at the bottom right corner. Then tap the second button next to the arrow button at the bottom left corner.
4. In the wallpaper Editor, tap the Aa button and enter the filename of the picture you want to use as wallpaper.
5. Drag the wallpaper around and/or rotate until you like the result and tap the tick button. You can also abort the Wallpaper Editor by tapping the X button.

Using the QuickAccess menu in horizontal mode:

1. Go in the horizontal mode.
2. Tap the top info bar and drag it down.
3. QuickAccess is opened.
4. Close it by tapping the black border at the bottom of the QuickAccess Panel and dragging it up.

Please note that this is a beta and many functions (in the horizontal interface) aren't implemented yet.

Last edited by FDX; 12-31-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:59 PM

Horizontal mode is a really awesome addition.

One thing I noticed in horizontal mode is that the gestures don't rotate with you, making volume horizontal swipes and track change vertical swipes. This combined with the fact you swipe down the screen with the quick access menu means with my fingers i'm changing tracks a lot when i want to open the quick access. Hopefully fixed in the next iteration.

Other than that, keep bringing on the awesome, and Happy New Year!

Old 01-02-2010, 02:50 PM

It looks rly great.
But the horizontal mode doesn't work .
Do you have to activate it manually?
Thx for help.