android
Old 11-28-2009, 02:21 AM

Default Clip+ file deletion & formatting problems

I looked through the threads and posts already available and haven't found this issue yet. If I'm wrong point me to the solution.

Here's my issue. I use Windows Explorer to delete and transfer songs to my clip+. Maybe I'm not supposed to do this because when I delete files and folders via Explorer they don't show up in Explorer (or Winamp) but the capacity listing for the clip+ is very low, like the files weren't really deleted.

Then, when I formatted my clip+ via the right-click FORMAT method it took my free space from 861MB to 1.61GB. This is a 4GB clip+ though so after formatting it should be around 3.6GB. I'm missing 2GB of space. I get this all back if I format the clip+ through the system settings in the clip+.

This sucks though because sometimes I only want to delete some files and not all. But apart from using the format option within the clip+ or individually deleting files from the clip+ I loose memory space. Anyone having these issues or figured out a solution? Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Look in your settings menu at the USB mode...from what you're describing, I suspect it is on "Auto-Detect". If that is the case, do the clip+ internal format to clear everything out....then you need to choose either MSC or MTP and stick to one or the other. Since you are in the habit of using Explorer already, sounds like MSC would be the way to go for you.

Tags
clip+, delete, deletion, format, formatting