android
Old 12-14-2009, 02:36 PM

can't wait to see if eu gets slacker if using the us fw hmmm

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM

I don't think the cross firmware will work. EU firmware doesn't work on my US X series which ends in 1051 (not 1050). Slacker service is only for U.S. so I doubt it will work for European/Japanese versions.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Lemme try this firmware with my x1051...will report after couple mins ^_^

Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 AM

Digital Player Software Update Tool (1/3)
Quote:
Connect the device to update the software....
Plugged then press OK

Digital Player Software Update Tool (1/3)
Quote:
No device to be updated is connected currently. Connect the device to update before proceeding...

Holy crap )

Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 PM

it's fine, still love the sony.
it makes me shit in my pants of happiness

Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

Yeah - I'm not quite that happy, but I do like my X.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:05 AM

I hope they make the picture viewer thing be able to zoom.
Anyways, I did the firmware update, and the web browser has become mucho better. Still is laggy, but now I can access this site with the X, which I probably couldn't do before=)

Old 01-19-2010, 03:20 PM

any news on us update?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 AM

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...51&SelectOS=48

Keep checking this link.

They're finally supporting Windows 7. It's not that Vista versions would not work but the fact that they officially put out support for Windows 7 seems something big.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 AM

Unhappy 1.10 firmware update fails

I'm running Vista home premium SP2 fully updated. I can move files to and from my walkman X 1060 with no problem whatsoever. The sound is great but we all know about the browser. So, I downloaded NWZ-X1000_V1_10.exe from the european support site. It fails to update the firmware every way that I've tried it. Depending on quite how I run it I either get
· ‘Multiple devices to be updated are connected currently. Make sure to connect only one such device’
or
· ‘No device to be updated is connected currently. Connect the device to update before proceeding'
I logged on as admin and run it as admin. I tried every USB port. I unplugged everything but keyboard and mouse from USB. I even uninstalled the USB hubs in device manager in case there was something wrong in there.

So I reported the problem to SONY and got a less than helpful reply that came down to 'try it again, unplug eveything, try another computer'. The email even said that my problem report was now cleared. Those guys know customer support!

I assume that someone has been successful installing this update. How did you do it? If you can't install it how about pestering SONY to fix their update program.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard42 View Post
I'm running Vista home premium SP2 fully updated. I can move files to and from my walkman X 1060 with no problem whatsoever. The sound is great but we all know about the browser. So, I downloaded NWZ-X1000_V1_10.exe from the european support site. It fails to update the firmware every way that I've tried it. Depending on quite how I run it I either get
· ‘Multiple devices to be updated are connected currently. Make sure to connect only one such device’
or
· ‘No device to be updated is connected currently. Connect the device to update before proceeding'
I logged on as admin and run it as admin. I tried every USB port. I unplugged everything but keyboard and mouse from USB. I even uninstalled the USB hubs in device manager in case there was something wrong in there.

So I reported the problem to SONY and got a less than helpful reply that came down to 'try it again, unplug eveything, try another computer'. The email even said that my problem report was now cleared. Those guys know customer support!

I assume that someone has been successful installing this update. How did you do it? If you can't install it how about pestering SONY to fix their update program.
It has already been fixed, peopel were able to install it. Try downloading it again.

Used in the past: Rio Carbon, Creative Zen Vision M, Sony NWZ-A818
Just-a-Photograppher's Website

Old 02-12-2010, 01:06 PM

Smile Walkman X firmware update

I didn't have to download the software again. I remembered that I had a nifty piece of software loaded called dopisp from a company called MGTEK. It provides a way of talking to an ipod without any need for itunes. It basically makes the ipod look like a MTP device (like the walkman) so you can use explorer or WMP. I uninstalled dopisp and bingo, the firmware updated. There is definitely something dodgy with the Sony software when it can't distinguish a driver from a device and interprets precisely one walkman as either zero or two. Anyway I've got a 1.10 walkman X now. I've re-installed dopisp and I can load my walkman, ipod and zen, all from explorer or WMP.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 PM

hey has anyone realised that you can delete videos? I'm not sure if it has been like this the whole time, or if it was from the firmware update. Can't delete pictures or music but you can delete videos.

Anyone noticed this?

Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockednose View Post
hey has anyone realised that you can delete videos? I'm not sure if it has been like this the whole time, or if it was from the firmware update. Can't delete pictures or music but you can delete videos.

Anyone noticed this?
You can delete podcasts and video on the player. When you deleter you video, it also deletes your preview.jpg file too. I don't know why they couldn't make that option available for music, pictures, and what not.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Banned

It's a handy feature, to be able to delete a movie after watching it.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Well I did the update, and everything went fine. I was surprised that all my music and settings were all still in place. Since I never connect it to the internet, I'm not sure I will ever see a difference. It would be nice if this update would fix some of the minor irritations in this unit (like forgetting what song you were playing).

Old 02-16-2010, 08:11 AM

I've played with it about a day now, and it seems they fixed the problem with remembering the last song you played when you turn it off. Also, it seems to boot much faster. This is really great - I like this thing even more now!

Old 10-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard42 View Post
I didn't have to download the software again. I remembered that I had a nifty piece of software loaded called dopisp from a company called MGTEK. It provides a way of talking to an ipod without any need for itunes. It basically makes the ipod look like a MTP device (like the walkman) so you can use explorer or WMP. I uninstalled dopisp and bingo, the firmware updated. There is definitely something dodgy with the Sony software when it can't distinguish a driver from a device and interprets precisely one walkman as either zero or two. Anyway I've got a 1.10 walkman X now. I've re-installed dopisp and I can load my walkman, ipod and zen, all from explorer or WMP.
I have a similar problem help!

Old 10-28-2010, 08:12 AM

Angry

My Unit Information
Model
NWZ-X1061
Firmware
Free/Total Memory Space
29.1GB/29.1Gb

I downloaded and installed Content Transfer версии 1.3 does not work does not put the update! wrote: No device to be updated is connected currently. Connect the device to update before proceeding' Help me to install Firmware version 1.10!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:12 AM

My Unit Information
Model

NWZ-X1061
Firmware
Free/Total Memory Space
29.1GB/29.1Gb

I downloaded and installed Content Transfer версии 1.3 does not work does not put the update! wrote: No device to be updated is connected currently. Connect the device to update before proceeding' Help me to install Firmware version 1.10!!!