android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 AM

Default Clip+ microsd card a little touchy and refreshes library when wiggled accidentally

I'm having an anoying problem with my clip+. I have a microSD card in it and it seems that a couple times a day I accidentally wiggle it when adjusting the volume and it causes the sansa to refresh the library and that causes me to loose my place in the audiobook that I was listening to. Do any of you have this problem or is my microsd slot a little wonky? I love the player, it's better than most players out there and is certainly the best for the money but this is getting really old really fast. have any of you found a solution to this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

This happened with me quite a few times after I got it.

For me it was just a matter of getting accustomed to where the volume rocker was as I automatically felt for the side where it used to be on the original Clip.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Dang, I'm going to have to made something that goes over it so I stop doing it. I'm going to cry if it happens again today.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned

It would have been better if they could have recessed the slot somehow although I don't quite know how they could do it.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Or just put one of those rubber covers that are on the SD port on cameras. Yeah, I'm sure that they'll fix it in the next iteration but we're screwed! They're lucky that I love their little player in spite of it's short comings.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:57 PM

I bought a $6 black silicone case for the Clip+ off of ebay. There's an opening where the card slot is. It does recess the slot a bit, due to the thin silicone case. I ended up getting a Kingston microsdhc card, since I heard that a lot of the SanDisk 16GB cards tended to fail. You do have to push the card in to get it to eject. I usually clip the Clip+ to my belt and reach directly for the volume buttons and haven't accidentally bumped the card yet. With the setup and stuff that I'm using, I haven't noticed that the card has wiggled at all or the library has refreshed due to the card loosening.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 AM

Great. I'll have to pick up a little case. I can't believe I didn't think of it. Thanks a bunch.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Check at eBay or at Amazon.com (if you're in the U.S.). They tend to be $6-7 on the low end, with free ship. (There was a seller who charged a bit more at Amazon, but then threw in a nifty cord manager.)

Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 PM

No problem. I've only dropped my Clip+ a couple of times, on carpet thankfully. It seems like the silicone case would provide a little bit of extra padding for the occasional accidental dropping too.

Oh, and Scott 4 is my favorite Scott Walker album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroncort View Post
Great. I'll have to pick up a little case. I can't believe I didn't think of it. Thanks a bunch.