android
Old 11-24-2009, 06:25 AM

Default Rating sync via MTP?

Hi!

Also posted this in the software forum because im not sure where can I post it. Im just wondering if there is any program / anything to syncronize my Sansa Clip+ player with. Im not talking just about the media library but the ratings. The Sansa Clip+ allows me to rate any song I want with 0 to 5 stars. Its there any program I can sincronyce that ratings with, maybe using the MTP mode of the player? Actually I use AIMP with it's Media Library.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-11-2009, 03:44 AM

Unhappy

Nobody?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:13 PM

Default Have you tried WMP?

I've been syncing song ratings with my zen with Windows Media Player 11. I also have the Sansa Clip and was excited to see that it allows ratings. It really should work, that's one part of the ID3 tag that theoretically is updated with a sync.

I haven't tried it yet with my Sansa but in theory, it should work. I've had nothing but inconsistency doing it with my Zen 32gb, but I think it's more an issue with the player's database. I've searched far and wide, high and low on different websites and forums and apparently there are very few people who rate songs 'on the go'. I find this odd and the glitchiness is aggravating.

In fact I want this to work so desperately that I'm actually considering upgrading to Windows 7 just to see if WMP 12 will behave better with syncing ratings and other things.

So to answer your question, WMP or media monkey should be able to do this. Though I've had limited success doing it with WMP and no success doing it with Media Monkey. So good luck with the Sansa and let me know if it works for you better than it has for me.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:26 PM

Default Update

I just upgraded to Win7 and WMP 12 doesn't behave any better with syncing song ratings 'back' to the main library. I tried it with a handful of songs. Though I like win7 so far and haven't caught any freezes or other glitches I got quite frequently when syncing zen to WMP 11. So unless I'm just lucky so far, the stability seems better.

Tags
clip, mtp, ratings, sansa, sync