android
Old 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM

Default [Mainmenu] Aero Ultimate G2

QuickLinks

User's Guide Part 1 | User's Guide Part 2 | FAQ | Version History

Aero Ultimate G2 is a User Creative Interface for the Cowon S9.

It provides lots of features such as widgets, customizable desktops, an integrated music UCI and many more. However, the UCI is still very user-friendly and easy to use.

Aero Ultimate G2 allows you to customize the interface however you want it. There are more than 30 icons and widgets available which you can place on 4 desktops the way you want it.
There's not only the ability to move icons and widgets around - you can also hide the toolbar (the bar with the clock in the screenshots), show an infobar (the bar at the top in the 3rd screenshot) and apply many more options according to your wishes.

The available icons

The available widgets

About the widgets in the second screenshot:
The post-it widget shows notes you wrote in Typist.
The widget with the texts 'Love Game' and 'Lady Gaga' is the so called mode info widget. It shows information about the currently playing song or shows the current frequency if the radio is active.
The widget with the red leaf picture is the slideshow widget. You can change the picture and start an automatic slideshow.
The analog clock widget has 5 different themes.

There aren't only the icons Aero Ultimate G2 provides you - you can create your own icons!
You can use 1 of 9 icon packs which can contain up to 35 custom icons. Along with the stock icons and widgets you can place up to 68 objects on your four desktops.
Of course the Custom Icons Manager is easy to use with its clearly arranged menus and big buttons for good usability. Also, there is a sorting function so that you can manage your custom icons very handy.

Aero Ultimate G2 provides a very secure password protection and various lock screens to protect your player from other people. You can use letters, numbers and symbols in your password.
Also, the 9-Dots lock screen allows you to set a specific order the dots have to be pressed, which is quite similar to the Android's unlock method.
There are many other options to configure your lock screen interface.

Regular updates, a developer who is always open for suggestions and fast support for your problems - is there anything missing?

Last edited by FDX; 11-19-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2009, 03:29 PM

What is the difference between the G1 and the G2??

Old 11-20-2009, 04:27 PM

- Integrated music UCI
- Improved performance
- Improved interface
- New Custom Icons Manager
- New Settings Interface

Just try it out yourself.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM

Pretty, but a little laggy. Does having this UCI installed on top of Claw's cause lag in Aero Ultimate? I'm just wondering if I'll get a speed boost if I remove Claw's UCI and use this one solely.

Thanks!

Last edited by Audio File; 11-26-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 AM

Also, the slideshow widget isn't working for me.

Edit: Umm... now it is. OK, never mind that then.

Last edited by Audio File; 11-28-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:54 AM

Someone help me, please!

I put the files (mainmenuN/au_icon_recovery/au_settings) in the X:\System\Flash UI and renamed the mainmenuN to mainmenu1.swf, but anything happen!

Firmware 2.50 and the type of the arquives are Shockwave Flash Object.

What is the problem?? (sorry if I wrote something wrong)

Old 11-27-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Marques View Post
renamed the mainmenuN to mainmenu1.swf
Do you have file extensions hidden on your computer? If you saw only "mainmenuN" without ".swf" in Explorer then you have to rename it to "mainmenu1", also without added ".swf".

Old 11-27-2009, 06:16 AM

Talking

OMG! Thanks!!

I would never think that xD

Thanks again!

Old 11-27-2009, 06:24 AM

You're welcome. It's really a useless and confusing feature of Windows to hide the file extensions by default. (That's also a way how viruses spread to less versed users, like a "readme.doc.exe" file, where the ".exe" part is hidden.)

Old 11-27-2009, 06:52 AM

Yeah, that's true.

Aero Ultimate is the best!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM

Default Issues with music

So installing this UCI shouldn't interfere with my music or anything right? Because the day I installed this all of my tracks from Napster stopped working. I'm guessing it's just coincidence but I keep getting this "Invalid File" message and I can't seem to fix it. This UCI wouldn't do anything right? I wouldn't expect it too but I'm baffled as to what happened... anyone have any ideas? I've tried transferring new songs and they transfer fine but then I get the error message when I try to play them, I've renamed my system folder so it would create a new bare bones one and I haven't come up with anything Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just really don't know what else to try

Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM

I guess to play subscription music from services like Napster, your S9 needs to be in MTP mode. Perhaps you changed the connectivity mode to MSC when transferring the UCI files to the UI folder & then you forgot to switch it back to MTP mode.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:26 PM

Audio File:

Claw's UCI slow the S9, how much depends on the activated functions.
So removing it would cause an improved performance.

Vitor Marques:

Nice that your problem is solved.

Abby:

Aero doesn't influence anything in this area.
The error message is produced by the firmware so this is a firmware issue, not a UCI issue.
Hopefully amit is right with his assumption.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:53 PM

Unfortunately I think I have to reformat or something Also, I've used napster files in MTP or MSC mode, it doesn't matter when playing them, jus when transferring them. Would downgrading the firmware then upgrading again maybe do anything? I have 14GB of napster music that can only be transferred with Napster which is a pain and takes forever.... Thanks though, good to know it's not your UCI, I like it too much to take off!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 PM

Reinstalling the firmware might help - just try it out, you can't do anything wrong.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:40 PM

Hi guys,

Somebody told that if you install the theme you canīt go back to the original S9 theme...
Now before I install the theme I wanted to know if that is true or just rubbish..

Old 12-14-2009, 01:47 PM

You can still go back to Cowon's default theme.

For example if you install AU as 2nd mainmenu, you can still go to the 1st stock mainmenu and the 3rd one. Just go to the 'switch UCI' button and choose the mainmenu you want to run.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Thank you it was all i wanted to know ...

so my friend was just too stupid

Old 12-14-2009, 02:05 PM

Though the only reason you wouldn't want to go back is bcoz you like the UCI you installed much more than the default theme, eh!

Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM

just updated my uci to G2...i had no major problems since i also use napster for my music...however alot of my album art doesnt show any more..did anyone else experience this?
anyway to fix this?