android
Old 11-16-2009, 11:45 PM

Default Would I hear much difference?

Right now I currently am using a d2 + head direct re2. Overall, I am satisfy with the sounding but the re2 is lacking in bass for me. I also have yuin pk3 which offer much more bass. I am thinking whether buying a amp like the fiio e5 would improve the SQ of the re2. Anyone has the same setup and would like to give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neozengar View Post
Right now I currently am using a d2 + head direct re2. Overall, I am satisfy with the sounding but the re2 is lacking in bass for me. I also have yuin pk3 which offer much more bass. I am thinking whether buying a amp like the fiio e5 would improve the SQ of the re2. Anyone has the same setup and would like to give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Couldn't you just crank up the mach3bass(isn't that what it's called on the Cowon players)?

Old 11-17-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
... isn't that what it's called on the Cowon players?
Yes, Mach3Bass electronically extends the bass response and works great for me ^_^

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-17-2009, 07:14 AM

The EQ will also give you more bass obviously.

I find even bass-light phones like the Phonaks or HD201 can be turned into bass-monsters with a bit of a nudge in the lowest EQ band, a bit of M3B and a bit of BBE.

Yes though, the E5 will boost the bass and it is a nice bass boost too, don't know the technicalities but it just sounds good.

The benefit of the BB on the E5, for me, is it basically gives me a EQ tweak without opening my case or even without taking my DAP out of my pocket. Yeah, it's a pretty limited one but it's nice to have the less bass/more bass option at the flick of a switch.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 PM

the thing is, I have the yuin pk3 and with the same EQ setting it give me a lot more bass then the re2. I guess I would try turning up the bass mach3bass and see what happen. thanks!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 AM

Yeah every set of 'phones has a different signtiure, that's why it's good the S9 has 4 custom presets

Old 12-19-2009, 10:49 AM

With my Technics RP-F550 there are no 'lack off bass' issues-with the correct settings. Sometimes I have to turn the volume down with Dilinja tracks. The D2+ is a dream for me.