android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2009, 05:43 AM

Default Sansa Clip+ and Last.fm scrobbling

Currently I have a 2GB iPod Nano. It's served me well, but I'm looking for a replacement (mainly due to wanting a device with higher capacity), and the Sansa Clip+ 8GB looks to me like a good player at a very good price.

During my research there has been one major question that I've been unable to get an answer for, regarding the Sansa Clip+ and Last.fm scrobbling. Basically, I want to know whether, if I went out and bought a Sansa Clip+ tomorrow, would I be able to scrobble from it?

I'm aware that the current firmware doesn't allow for scrobbling, but I've heard of Rockbox during my research, and am aware that one of its features is to allow play counts to be recorded and scrobbles to be submitted. So if I were to load Rockbox onto my Sansa Clip+, could I then happily scrobble away?

If not, then are there any other Sansa players that are able to scrobble via Rockbox at the moment?

I listen to most of my music portably, and I really enjoy using Last.fm, so not having some kind of scrobbling functionality is a dealbreaker when it comes to determining my choice of MP3 player.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]