android
Old 11-09-2009, 02:14 AM

Default Player memory full, but no files to be found

I've been using Rockbox and enjoying it, but from time to time, the bootloader/start-up, whatever, seems to become bugged, and the player fails to start. So, the only way I knew how to fix this was to do a fresh Rockbox install.

Well, the install fixed things up sure enough, but the problem is that it seems all of the songs I previously had on the player are still there (somewhere), but they do not show up at all when I'm looking in my player's drive in windows explorer.

In other words, I have a player with almost all 2GB of internal memory filled, but I have no clue where any of this space is going. I can't find and delete any files, so I just have a fresh install with basically no space to put songs.

I'm guessing the solution will be something to do with formatting, but I'd rather not fool around. If it makes a difference, I have a c250v2 that has the had the latest version of Rockbox as of a few days ago at least (1.2.3 or something...).

Help?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Default same problem with Iriver Clix 2

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I'm hoping someone might.

I'm having the same problem with my Iriver Clix 2. Both in Windows and in Windows Media Player it shows that the player is almost full but there are no files on the player. In windows, it shows about 100 empty folders that I cannot delete.

At some point, WMP asked if it should delete the files on the player because it was almost full. I don't remember what I selected. Now, when it asks, it won't let me proceed with the option to delete the files.

I did sync a few files but it made about 10 copies of each song on the player.

Appreciate anyone's help.