android
Old 05-14-2010, 04:18 AM

The current build available on the Rockbox site right now is actually really stable! The one I had before would crash every 10 songs or so, and I haven't had a single problem with this one since. It sounds great and I no longer get the "no playlist found" error anymore. Thanks a bunches, Rockbox devs! ^-^

Also, does anyone know how to get album art working? I'm using this skin: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=sansafuze

Album art isn't showing for some reason, even though it shows in Windows Media Player, MP3tag and the official Sansa firmware. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2010, 04:25 AM

have you read this?

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...ml#x18-369000C

Old 05-14-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
There are daily builds so i was wondering if i should make daily updates
You could read the changelog for new builds and decide if it's worth updating, if there were relevant changes to the Fuze: http://www.rockbox.org/since-release.html

Old 05-14-2010, 07:52 AM

So i guess im gonna stay with my current build give me no probs... until i see a build that is worth updating thanks dfkt for that link (^_^)

Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 PM

I have just got my v2 fuze, plugged in the usb and first thing I did was update the firmware and then try to install Rockbox. I have followed the instructions on the website and in the manual to do a manual install but whenever I unplug the USB all I get is "Refreshing your media".

The same thing happens even if I used a unpatched firmware, as I tried to downgrade to get rid of the EU volume limit in the latest version (I know I can get rid of this via factory reset and selecting rest of the world).

Has anyone got any suggestions how to force the firmware update?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphatic View Post
I have just got my v2 fuze, plugged in the usb and first thing I did was update the firmware and then try to install Rockbox. I have followed the instructions on the website and in the manual to do a manual install but whenever I unplug the USB all I get is "Refreshing your media".

The same thing happens even if I used a unpatched firmware, as I tried to downgrade to get rid of the EU volume limit in the latest version (I know I can get rid of this via factory reset and selecting rest of the world).

That message is normal, but it finishes (and after a reboot) it should automatically load Rockbox.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphatic View Post

The first message you should see in a successful firmware update is "Firmware Upgrade In Progress" Which firmware version are you attempting to use? After you attempt to install the firmware is there still a .bin file on the player? If so you are working with the wrong firmware version.

You should verify which version Fuze you have and be sure to use the appropriate firmware.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhantazm View Post
That message is normal, but it finishes (and after a reboot) it should automatically load Rockbox.
If only it would do that. I have rebooted the player at least 20 times and still no Rockbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
The first message you should see in a successful firmware update is "Firmware Upgrade In Progress" Which firmware version are you attempting to use? After you attempt to install the firmware is there still a .bin file on the player? If so you are working with the wrong firmware version.

You should verify which version Fuze you have and be sure to use the appropriate firmware.
I have a v2 Fuze as my firmware is v02.03.33P as stated in system settings > info.

I have tried all firmware versions so far, even the newest v02.03.33. After I unplug the USB the "Refreshing your media" screen appears, I can reboot numerous times plug the USB back in and the fuzpa.bin file remains on the root.

I have even spent all evening trying to compile the SVN myself but I couldnt get this to work either due to errors when trying to install/compile the cross compiler.

After further messing around the only firmware versions I can successfully get firmware upgrade in process are v02.03.31 and v02.03.33.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:32 PM

Has anybody of you have actually tried rockbox on the fuze with a 16 GB card? Does this work? How long does it take to initialise the rockbox database with around 4000 mp3 files? Might this slow down things like file browsing or database browsing?

Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

It works, and it'll take a little while the first time but it won't slow things down. I'd just use the file browser though if you're going to swap out cards.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:39 AM

Great!
I bought a fuze + 16GB card and it all works nice.
I bought it from amazon.de, it came with 2.03.31, it was possible to downgrade to 2.02.26 and also to install rockbox without any problems.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:33 PM

I managed to downgrade from 2.03.33 to 2.01.17(http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=9473)

Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Could someone with a Fuzev2 and a dock w/ line out check in the Rockbox debug menu which GPIO or DBOP values change when you connect the dock? You'll need to hold select while plugging it in to prevent the OF from booting, and to make sure theres no USB port hooked up to the dock if it has one of those. It'd be useful to know how you determine if you should enable USB or enable line out when something gets plugged into the dock.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Just wanted to throw a big thanks out to the v2 rockbox guys. It's working perfectly on my Fuze. Big thumbs up guys.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned

heres a question, is v6 the max volume the fuzeV2 cant put out?

just wondering since I have a couple sets of phones that are still abit quiet with the fuze at max vol without an amp :/

and if this boosts volume, could we get a v2 fuze version to play with

Last edited by SheepCake; 06-18-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Adding my results...Finally took the leap and installed RB on V2 Fuze which had the latest OF v2.03.33 I believe and which I was able to downgrade properly.

Total install time: < 15 minutes, including Album Art Extractor plugin, install of Cabbie Enhanced Theme, on a nearly maxed out 8GB+16microSDHC device.
Install issues: Absolutely none
Result: Device works perfectly

I followed to the letter the install instructions here:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS...table_e200v2_F

under "Installation for Stable (e200v2, Fuze v1) and Unstable..." section, using the manual installation instructions for my V2 Fuze.

This instruction set was flawless for me using a Win XP SP2 machine.

THANKS AGAIN ROCKBOX PEOPLE!

Now to play and do my homework on Rockbox...Apologies in advance for any noob questions I may ask on other threads... :-)
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 06-18-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

ok found a bug, will report here and on rockbox forums.

when you manually refresh the database if you move the wheel it makes the count number go up alot faster, if u do this to much the fuze will lock and require a forced restart.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

latist rockbox build dosnt see my microsd card, OF sees it tho.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey SheepCake: What build version? I have no issues at all with RB v26906-100618 - it sees/reads/plays my class2 16GB Sandisk SDHC card perfectly...

Only thing is my question on album art on microSDHC...

hth,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned

any build past yours could kick ur microsd off, could you zip/7zip/rar your build up for me.

theres a trick to get it to work tho, if you reload the firmware after device boot from a .sansa file(Even if its the same firmware version) it works.

i have tested with an old 268** build (first build i ever installed) and it works there but newer builds arent playing nice......