android
  #21  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Andyt95 Andyt95 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjin View Post
Maybe the reset button on the back of the device near the built in Mic.
Sorry, in my earlier post I should have included that reset does not fix it
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Abby Abby is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
Default

So I'm curious about this horrible new menu 1 screen but I have claws UI, I do have the firmware installed and everything but is there any way to just switch off claws without losing all my settings? Again, just wondering.
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Razerz Razerz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
Default

Just make a backup of your Flash UI and SOL folder, then delete everything inside them. When you want to revert to your old (Claw) UI, just restore the backup.
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
warisz00r warisz00r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Kiddish UI aside, is it worth upgrading from 2.41?
__________________
ipod classic, Sony E445, Cowon S9
Corda Arietta, Corda XXS, PA2V2
Audio Technica AD900, Beyer DT250-80, Koss PortaPro, HiFiMan RE0, Soundmagic PL50
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 PM
minimonkeyman minimonkeyman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Posts: 18
Default

i just put the new firmware on it showed it was installing firmware and then in the system it says it has changed but i haven't got the crappy main menu you guys are all talking about, my main menus stayed the same.
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 PM
DangerWildman's Avatar
DangerWildman DangerWildman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Milton,WI
Posts: 12
Default

is it possible for cowon to send an update that will allow is to listen to music while playing flash files?
__________________
Cowon S9
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
gAlet gAlet is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyt95 View Post
Sorry, in my earlier post I should have included that reset does not fix it
same prob here mate
S9 is not respondig at all
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 AM
pete_XCI pete_XCI is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 31
Default

@ minimonkeyman:

you're only gonna see the kindergarten style if u delete claw's UCI (or any other menus u have installed). I'm using 2.50 as well (with claw's uci !)
I actually noticed just 1 minor improvement.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 11-08-2009, 03:59 AM
ngrand ngrand is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Does anyone know if 2.50 fix the compatibility issue with MAC OS? Cowon's web site does not mention it, but again they dont seem to officially acknowledge the huge bug with MAC OS that makes this player totally unusable at the moment (therefore = false advertising as their product specs list MAC OS compatibility).

I would hope this problem gets fixed eventually as I am fed up with having to use Fusion (Windows) to transfer files from the MAC.
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 11-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Olley Olley is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrand View Post
Does anyone know if 2.50 fix the compatibility issue with MAC OS?
I know it is frustrating using the S9 with the Mac. I've got an imac among the computers in my house, and I know exactly how you feel. Yet most of these companies never promise anything about mac compatability. Most will actually state that a windows PC running XP/Vista, or even 7 is required. It's not a "huge bug" if something doesn't work with an alternate OS. It's simply a thing they were not designed for. From the manual all I find mention of is:

"Only simple file transfer operation is available for Linux and Mac OS."

Every other reference is to a PC. Fat32. JetAudio. Etc.. I personally blame Apple for not being compatible with every MP3/PMP out there. Despite their current popularity they are still a small minority of what people own for a home computer.
Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 AM
amit's Avatar
amit amit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ether
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I personally blame Apple for not being compatible with every MP3/PMP out there. Despite their current popularity they are still a small minority of what people own for a home computer.
A bit off topic but - yeah the problem is Apple's business policies, they want a self contained eco-system so they don't want others to be compatible with their devices, so anyone who buys 1 of their device will buy other devices from Apple only (or Apple approved in case Apple doesn't make it). Recent case being that Palm Pre had syncing music with iTunes which Apple on purpose broke by updating iTunes so only their devices can sync with iTunes.
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Olley Olley is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,894
Default

Steve Jobs wins CEO of the decade, so don't expect Apple policies to change any time soon. The Palm Pre/iTunes battle is a petty thing for Apple to worry about. They should be worrying about Android based phones and PMPs instead. Apple is just pizzed that Palm hired away several of it's employees to make the Pre.
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 11-08-2009, 03:51 PM
amit's Avatar
amit amit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ether
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
The Palm Pre/iTunes battle is a petty thing for Apple to worry about.
Of course its petty, the reason why Apple went to the trouble of breaking Pre's sync capability with an update to software without adding anything else, eh! I was just highlighting an example of how Apple doesn't like any devices but its own working with their stuff.

Where Apple is, everything is petty indeed except the iPod as they've a lion's share in the MP3 player/PMP market.
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:20 PM
ammusic ammusic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1
Unhappy who checked the usability of version 2.50?

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but the 2.50 firmware upgrade is bad. OK, some people might like the new wall paper and the way that the options drop down on one of the 3 display options. But did Cowon really have to remove the ability to turn off the player from 2 of the 3 display option (so you have to select the one display option to turn the palyer off?) And make the text smaller and less legible? And make the space where icons can be displayed smaller? (At least I can get rid of the rainbow psychedelic wallpaper with something more practical for seeing icons and way more pleasing to look at- I just downloaded a couple of images from the brilliant set of images at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=330847). I'm hoping that the new firmware is just someone's idea of a joke or there was no testing with real people before it left the door and that very soon there will be a 2.51 version. Either that or I'm missing something. Version 2.41 of the firmware looked better than this! P.S. not counting holding the physical off key for a few seconds- I prefer to use the off button on the screen- I want my S9 to last, not break the keys).

Last edited by ammusic; 11-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:08 PM
DarkParagon DarkParagon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammusic View Post
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but the 2.50 firmware upgrade is bad. OK, some people might like the new wall paper and the way that the options drop down on one of the 3 display options. But did Cowon really have to remove the ability to turn off the player from 2 of the 3 display option (so you have to select the one display option to turn the palyer off?) And make the text smaller and less legible? And make the space where icons can be displayed smaller? (At least I can get rid of the rainbow psychedelic wallpaper with something more practical for seeing icons and way more pleasing to look at- I just downloaded a couple of images from the brilliant set of images at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=330847). I'm hoping that the new firmware is just someone's idea of a joke or there was no testing with real people before it left the door and that very soon there will be a 2.51 version. Either that or I'm missing something. Version 2.41 of the firmware looked better than this! P.S. not counting holding the physical off key for a few seconds- I prefer to use the off button on the screen- I want my S9 to last, not break the keys).
Correction, 1 of the 3 display options. Only menu 2 cannot turn off the device through the touchscreen. Menu 1 is the same as always and menu 3 includes a power button in the form of a widget that looks like a white power switch.
Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
BoBzeBuilder BoBzeBuilder is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Those of you who upgraded to version 2.50, did you notice any change in your battery life? I'm getting less than 8 hours of music after the firmware update.
Reply With Quote

  #37  
Old 11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

I didn't notice anything - certainly not something as extreme as that drop.
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain
Reply With Quote

  #38  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Checkmate Checkmate is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 70
Default

I'd love to upgrade but seeing a mix opinions here, I feel like I might down grade it and lose all of my settings - again.

Can anyone provide some screenshot (camera shot) on how the new GUI look like?
Reply With Quote

  #39  
Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
bxbomber bxbomber is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
I'd love to upgrade but seeing a mix opinions here, I feel like I might down grade it and lose all of my settings - again.

Can anyone provide some screenshot (camera shot) on how the new GUI look like?

If you have any custom gui's installed they don't over ride those gui's so you can keep them if you want.
Reply With Quote

  #40  
Old 11-24-2009, 05:51 AM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
Can anyone provide some screenshot (camera shot) on how the new GUI look like?
http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/...9_guide_b.html
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.