android
Old 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjin View Post
Maybe the reset button on the back of the device near the built in Mic.
Sorry, in my earlier post I should have included that reset does not fix it

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 PM

So I'm curious about this horrible new menu 1 screen but I have claws UI, I do have the firmware installed and everything but is there any way to just switch off claws without losing all my settings? Again, just wondering.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 AM

Just make a backup of your Flash UI and SOL folder, then delete everything inside them. When you want to revert to your old (Claw) UI, just restore the backup.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Kiddish UI aside, is it worth upgrading from 2.41?

Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 PM

i just put the new firmware on it showed it was installing firmware and then in the system it says it has changed but i haven't got the crappy main menu you guys are all talking about, my main menus stayed the same.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 PM

is it possible for cowon to send an update that will allow is to listen to music while playing flash files?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyt95 View Post
Sorry, in my earlier post I should have included that reset does not fix it
same prob here mate
S9 is not respondig at all

Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 AM

@ minimonkeyman:

you're only gonna see the kindergarten style if u delete claw's UCI (or any other menus u have installed). I'm using 2.50 as well (with claw's uci !)
I actually noticed just 1 minor improvement.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:59 AM

Does anyone know if 2.50 fix the compatibility issue with MAC OS? Cowon's web site does not mention it, but again they dont seem to officially acknowledge the huge bug with MAC OS that makes this player totally unusable at the moment (therefore = false advertising as their product specs list MAC OS compatibility).

I would hope this problem gets fixed eventually as I am fed up with having to use Fusion (Windows) to transfer files from the MAC.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrand View Post
Does anyone know if 2.50 fix the compatibility issue with MAC OS?
I know it is frustrating using the S9 with the Mac. I've got an imac among the computers in my house, and I know exactly how you feel. Yet most of these companies never promise anything about mac compatability. Most will actually state that a windows PC running XP/Vista, or even 7 is required. It's not a "huge bug" if something doesn't work with an alternate OS. It's simply a thing they were not designed for. From the manual all I find mention of is:

"Only simple file transfer operation is available for Linux and Mac OS."

Every other reference is to a PC. Fat32. JetAudio. Etc.. I personally blame Apple for not being compatible with every MP3/PMP out there. Despite their current popularity they are still a small minority of what people own for a home computer.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I personally blame Apple for not being compatible with every MP3/PMP out there. Despite their current popularity they are still a small minority of what people own for a home computer.
A bit off topic but - yeah the problem is Apple's business policies, they want a self contained eco-system so they don't want others to be compatible with their devices, so anyone who buys 1 of their device will buy other devices from Apple only (or Apple approved in case Apple doesn't make it). Recent case being that Palm Pre had syncing music with iTunes which Apple on purpose broke by updating iTunes so only their devices can sync with iTunes.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Steve Jobs wins CEO of the decade, so don't expect Apple policies to change any time soon. The Palm Pre/iTunes battle is a petty thing for Apple to worry about. They should be worrying about Android based phones and PMPs instead. Apple is just pizzed that Palm hired away several of it's employees to make the Pre.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
The Palm Pre/iTunes battle is a petty thing for Apple to worry about.
Of course its petty, the reason why Apple went to the trouble of breaking Pre's sync capability with an update to software without adding anything else, eh! I was just highlighting an example of how Apple doesn't like any devices but its own working with their stuff.

Where Apple is, everything is petty indeed except the iPod as they've a lion's share in the MP3 player/PMP market.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:20 PM

Unhappy who checked the usability of version 2.50?

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but the 2.50 firmware upgrade is bad. OK, some people might like the new wall paper and the way that the options drop down on one of the 3 display options. But did Cowon really have to remove the ability to turn off the player from 2 of the 3 display option (so you have to select the one display option to turn the palyer off?) And make the text smaller and less legible? And make the space where icons can be displayed smaller? (At least I can get rid of the rainbow psychedelic wallpaper with something more practical for seeing icons and way more pleasing to look at- I just downloaded a couple of images from the brilliant set of images at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=330847). I'm hoping that the new firmware is just someone's idea of a joke or there was no testing with real people before it left the door and that very soon there will be a 2.51 version. Either that or I'm missing something. Version 2.41 of the firmware looked better than this! P.S. not counting holding the physical off key for a few seconds- I prefer to use the off button on the screen- I want my S9 to last, not break the keys).

Last edited by ammusic; 11-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammusic View Post
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but the 2.50 firmware upgrade is bad. OK, some people might like the new wall paper and the way that the options drop down on one of the 3 display options. But did Cowon really have to remove the ability to turn off the player from 2 of the 3 display option (so you have to select the one display option to turn the palyer off?) And make the text smaller and less legible? And make the space where icons can be displayed smaller? (At least I can get rid of the rainbow psychedelic wallpaper with something more practical for seeing icons and way more pleasing to look at- I just downloaded a couple of images from the brilliant set of images at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=330847). I'm hoping that the new firmware is just someone's idea of a joke or there was no testing with real people before it left the door and that very soon there will be a 2.51 version. Either that or I'm missing something. Version 2.41 of the firmware looked better than this! P.S. not counting holding the physical off key for a few seconds- I prefer to use the off button on the screen- I want my S9 to last, not break the keys).
Correction, 1 of the 3 display options. Only menu 2 cannot turn off the device through the touchscreen. Menu 1 is the same as always and menu 3 includes a power button in the form of a widget that looks like a white power switch.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Those of you who upgraded to version 2.50, did you notice any change in your battery life? I'm getting less than 8 hours of music after the firmware update.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:40 PM

I didn't notice anything - certainly not something as extreme as that drop.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 PM

I'd love to upgrade but seeing a mix opinions here, I feel like I might down grade it and lose all of my settings - again.

Can anyone provide some screenshot (camera shot) on how the new GUI look like?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
I'd love to upgrade but seeing a mix opinions here, I feel like I might down grade it and lose all of my settings - again.

If you have any custom gui's installed they don't over ride those gui's so you can keep them if you want.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/...9_guide_b.html