android
Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 PM

1) Shake to shuffle
2) Flash lite Browser (enable YouTube)
3) upgrade UI (homescreen, radio, lockscreen)
4) allow user customizations
-save picture as homwscreen backround
-themes
5) add a clock in the media button interface
6) download podcast straight to device

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvedemelsbof View Post
Rotate image itself (not by tilting the device)

For example i have a lot of fotos automatically synced from my cellphone. Alot of theese are landscapes photographed in potrait-mode. Therefore they will be rotated in the wrong way, when synced to the zune. The only way is to rotate the image on the computer atm. It could be really neat, if it was possible to use the multi-touch capability to rotate the picture, when viewing it - instead of using some kind of menu.

Hvedemelsbof
What's annoying about that scenario is when you rotate to show someone the picture right side up, it switches orientation!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Customizable EQ (either a modifying 5 band one or a 7 band one). Youtube.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:32 PM

Hi,
something that i haven't seen already: some playlist editing on the player. So being able to overwrite existing playlists after adding songs tot the now playling list, and even more important being able to delete songs from a playlist.
Skandalouz

Old 05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandalouz View Post
Hi,
something that i haven't seen already: some playlist editing on the player. So being able to overwrite existing playlists after adding songs tot the now playling list, and even more important being able to delete songs from a playlist.
I've mentioned it a few times (along with a broader set of on-the-fly playlisting features)

Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I've mentioned it a few times (along with a broader set of on-the-fly playlisting features)
My bad, just seen it in the list, was it there yesterday?

Old 06-17-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
1) Shake to shuffle
-themes
+1

any new about when will the new firmware released?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
1) Shake to shuffle
-themes
1) Ehm, ripoff from Apple? Just press the play button on the homescreen. Isn't that much work, right?
2) Good point.
3) Ehm upgrade UI? Why, it is one of the best things about the whole Zune experience?
4) I don't think a picture on the homescreen background would be nice with the Zune interface,. Some themes with various colour scemes would be nice though.
5) and 6) Good points.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 AM

1) double click (the media button) to pause/play
2) better integration with Windows Live
3) allow commonly used apps to run in the background
4) offline access to online apps (Facebook, Twitter *email?*)
5) OTA podcast syncing anywhere
6) Better SmartDJ algorithms

Zune Software

1) TV/Film Metadata

Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Doesn't have the required memory. I'd like someone to prove me wrong, but last I checked, the only WinCE devices that ran IE6 mobile with Flash Light had at least 192MB RAM (if not 256). Zune HD has 128.

Quote:
3) allow commonly used apps to run in the background
Again, RAM limitation. The Zune HD seems to allow all of it's base functions and the web browser to run in the background, and only drops them when an app is loaded, giving it semi-exclsuive access to memory.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:42 AM

I don't believe the Browser runs in the background since you have to reload a page every time you go back to the main menu as opposed to the Ipod Touch where it is 'saved' and pops up when you return.

Something like that would also be useful for glance-and-go apps like Facebook: It should save a limited amount of the data and only have to update it instead of completely reloading everything every time you go on.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:43 AM

I don't believe the Browser runs in the background since you have to reload a page every time you go back to the main menu as opposed to the Ipod Touch where it is 'saved' and pops up when you return.

Something like that would also be useful for glance-and-go apps like Facebook: It should save a limited amount of the data and only have to update it instead of completely reloading everything every time you go on.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

I would like to see...-a forward button in the web browser.-a clock on the button selection.-something that can handle youtube. (either software update or app)-copy and paste.-maybe something that shows the date.-a custom EQ (more bass =) )...thats all i can think of for now.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:12 PM

1. something like xbox360 indie games, adding like 60 games to the zunemarketplace.
2. have the clock on the media button.
3. A game like scene it for your movies so there is a music based game and a video based game.
4. ESPN is coming to xbox so it should come to the zune hd too it might help sales to since everybody likes sports.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:22 PM

Since I don't see it, how about
1. How about, instead of a 4 number PIN to unlock the device, how about prompting for a 4 number PIN when deleting something? And make the lock failure thing more like the iOS system; a number of fails and the device locks itself, instead of prompting for a reset after 3 strikes (I've had my Zune reset due to some unfortunate accidental presses).

2. Customized media presets (Shuffle, EQ, etc.) for different Artists, Playlists, Songs, etc. This would be a great feature that would save a ton of time. For example, I have a playlist that I manage myself (Infinite Loop), but I want this to be shuffled. However, I listen to a lot of album operas (Octavarium by Dream Theater, Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, Abbey Road by The Beatles, etc.), I usually don't want these to be shuffled (for obvious reasons). I also listen to different genres of music (Progressive rock/metal, Classic rock/metal, Orchestral, Video Game, Jazz, etc.) so it would be nice to have preset EQ settings as well.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:11 AM

Default zune pinout

Here is complete zune pinout
http://pinout.net/browse.php?conid=456

Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
Since I don't see it, how about
1. How about, instead of a 4 number PIN to unlock the device, how about prompting for a 4 number PIN when deleting something? And make the lock failure thing more like the iOS system; a number of fails and the device locks itself, instead of prompting for a reset after 3 strikes (I've had my Zune reset due to some unfortunate accidental presses).

2. Customized media presets (Shuffle, EQ, etc.) for different Artists, Playlists, Songs, etc. This would be a great feature that would save a ton of time. For example, I have a playlist that I manage myself (Infinite Loop), but I want this to be shuffled. However, I listen to a lot of album operas (Octavarium by Dream Theater, Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, Abbey Road by The Beatles, etc.), I usually don't want these to be shuffled (for obvious reasons). I also listen to different genres of music (Progressive rock/metal, Classic rock/metal, Orchestral, Video Game, Jazz, etc.) so it would be nice to have preset EQ settings as well.
1) the PIN is for the owner's protection, so the erase all penalty is there to stop a thief from using the owner's account and points. The missing feature is the ability to override the PIN by connecting to the home PC (the linked PC) which would have to be correctly logged in.
2) Neat idea. I just wish the EQ was better in general (too weak in my opinion.)

Tags
suggestions, wishlist, zune hd, zune hd firmware