android
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppizzippo View Post
Until such time that I am informed that the Zune HD is capable of AM radio and Weather band without any extra equipment I will leave them off the list. If you would like to submit the idea of an accessory I suggest you submit it here.

Thanks!
Cory

Okaayy...asked a few friends and found out why AM radio is left out in all portable media players....its because to pick up signals , the chip requires a comparable thick (when comparing with a thin player such as the Zune HD) coiled wire antenna, that would, if used increase the thickness of said device by about 15-30 times......so most companies leave out the AM antenna to make their device much thinnner...

OKaaay now for the whether band....Hmmmm back to vague territory

As for the weather band......the problem is with the SAME (Specific Area Message Encoding) decoder, that is something to do with what area you are in and what the weather is like in your area and stuff like that....again requires bulky and complicated hardware and this time unlike an AM antenna its won't come cheap ....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mster911 View Post
Okaayy...asked a few friends and found out why AM radio is left out in all portable media players....its because to pick up signals , the chip requires a comparable thick (when comparing with a thin player such as the Zune HD) coiled wire antenna, that would, if used increase the thickness of said device by about 15-30 times......so most companies leave out the AM antenna to make their device much thinnner...

OKaaay now for the whether band....Hmmmm back to vague territory

As for the weather band......the problem is with the SAME (Specific Area Message Encoding) decoder, that is something to do with what area you are in and what the weather is like in your area and stuff like that....again requires bulky and complicated hardware and this time unlike an AM antenna its won't come cheap ....
Thanks for the info! I would hope that an accessory is possible, but who knows?

Thanks!
Cory

Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 PM

Improve app loading and closing times

really? how is that checked? was it even worse then it is now?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw142 View Post

I'm pretty sure they did address some of that in 4.3.

Additionally, how about a screen-capture feature? Like press a certain button combination and you can take a screenshot of what's currently on the screen. That would be cool.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw142 View Post

Go back to page 2 of this thread and read posts 32, 33, and 34 for more detailed information on that.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:54 AM

Got one in zune client software:

Changing the preview image for video's. As an example: i've got every episode of family guy on my device, but all the previews are parts of the intro. That's not helping :P.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
Additionally, how about a screen-capture feature? Like press a certain button combination and you can take a screenshot of what's currently on the screen. That would be cool.
Put Under Interface:
Screen capture ability

Thanks!

Cory

Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lg102 View Post
Got one in zune client software:

Changing the preview image for video's. As an example: i've got every episode of family guy on my device, but all the previews are parts of the intro. That's not helping :P.
Put under Zune Client Software:
User selectable video preview image

Thanks!

Cory

Old 12-08-2009, 03:34 AM

Put under "interface" or "general":

Ability for an option to have wallpapers change automatically at user-defined intervals from user-defined folder locations.

For example, one folder I have in my computer (and thus, the HD) is called "Zune Wallpapers". In it are images that are specifically made/formatted to be HD wallpapers. I have quite a few very nice ones, some of which are actually from wallpapers-related threads in this forum (Thanks, guys! They're beautiful!). I'd love my HD to be able to, say, once a day or after so many plays (set, random or user definable?) or perhaps even each time the screen goes to sleep, randomly switch to another wallpaper.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
...Ability for an option to have wallpapers change automatically at user-defined intervals from user-defined folder locations....
Put under Interface:
Option to automatically change lock screen background at user-defined intervals from user-defined group of images

Thanks!
Cory

Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 PM

ON the software if you have a bunch of songs under the same artist folder...they shud be that way on the Zune. not different artist and crap. that gets annoying. However it is on the software..thats how it should be on the zune

Old 12-11-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppizzippo View Post
Until such time that I am informed that the Zune HD is capable of AM radio and Weather band without any extra equipment I will leave them off the list. If you would like to submit the idea of an accessory I suggest you submit it here.

Thanks!
Cory

Weather Band
  • 162.400 – 162.550 MHz
(No External Equipment required)
Also- There is an option for a "Coordinate" broadcast where it lists the square area as in 40W 81N x 44W 82N something like that... not sure exactly how it all works yet but it is capable of Weatherband w/o any external hardware.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd love the option to turn off the need to slide up the wallpaper image to get to the main menu. Make the HD simply boot right to the main menu.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:26 AM

- Ability to pin a single track

This is possible right?? When listening to a song just press the list with songs on the buttom of the screen for a couple of seconds and the option pops up.

One thing that bothers me is that featured artist are often ignored. It would also be great if I click an artist to have an overview of all the tracks he or she featured on.

And for hiphop fans an option to browse mixtapes would be awsome. Those are free anyway so I would guess this is relatively easy for Microsoft...

Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 PM

yeah, sorry. i hadn't noticed this before. you can take "single-track pinning" off the wishlist, oppizzippo.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:31 PM

Some ideas:
Interface:
Can rotate input panel on all screens(for example, marketplace search). I'd rather use the wider input panel.
Podcasts:
Can add podcast item to now playing list.
Games/Apps:
Loading while showing ad (It seems that the game start loading only after the ad finish)
General:
Show sync process (bytes remaining / total bytes / estimated time / current filename) on both software and zune hd screen.

Last edited by mullen; 12-12-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 AM

One useful thing related to:

A/V Dock/Remote:
- When using the Zune HD as source via the Dock connected either by optical output or analog output, implement the ability to browse through the music with the remote.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I'd love the option to turn off the need to slide up the wallpaper image to get to the main menu. Make the HD simply boot right to the main menu.
Put under Interface:
Option to boot directly to the main menu from power off state

Thanks!
Cory

Old 12-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazio View Post
One thing that bothers me is that featured artist are often ignored. It would also be great if I click an artist to have an overview of all the tracks he or she featured on.
Put Under Marketplace: Ability to click an artist to have an overview of all the tracks he or she featured on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazio View Post
And for hiphop fans an option to browse mixtapes would be awsome. Those are free anyway so I would guess this is relatively easy for Microsoft...
How would you suggest a way to "Browse Mixtapes"

Thanks!
Cory

Old 12-15-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullen View Post
Interface:
Can rotate input panel on all screens(for example, marketplace search). I'd rather use the wider input panel.
Put under Interface:
Option to rotate input panel on all screens (marketplace search)

Quote:
Podcasts:
Can add podcast item to now playing list.
Put under Podcasts:
Ability to add podcasts item to now playing list

Quote:
Games/Apps:
Loading while showing ad (It seems that the game start loading only after the ad finish)
Put Under Games/Apps:
Load Game/App while showing ad

Quote:
General:
Show sync process (bytes remaining / total bytes / estimated time / current filename) on both software and zune hd screen.
Put under Zune Client Software:
Show sync process (bytes remaining / total bytes / estimated time / current filename) on both software and Zune HD screen

Tags
suggestions, wishlist, zune hd, zune hd firmware