android
Old 11-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The ability to connect to all network types (see my post for more info: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49349)

I seriously think this is a must-have fix.

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
The ability to connect to all network types (see my post for more info: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49349)

I seriously think this is a must-have fix.
It's already there

Quote:
WiFi:
-connect to ad-hoc networks
-connect to networks that require certificates
-Connect to AP that is not broadcasting a SSID
-Connect to WPA Enterprise and WPA2 Enterprise
-Make wifi icon a toggle switch

Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiznumber1 View Post
for the wallpaper/background it should give u the option my p2 had. when i would zoom in on a picture and id select save as background it would save it in that zoomed state. would be much better if it could also do this instead of just giving you one really zoomed bad wallpaper.
Updated put under images as:
-Ability to crop images and use them as wallpaper

Cory

Old 11-12-2009, 08:34 PM

I didn't see this, but it doesn't mean its not there.. but...

The ability to have categories of apps like music, or like how it is in the marketplace.. cause then it'd be easier to find the older apps.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiostatic View Post
I didn't see this, but it doesn't mean its not there.. but...

The ability to have categories of apps like music, or like how it is in the marketplace.. cause then it'd be easier to find the older apps.
Put under Games/Apps:
-Categories for games/apps (like in the marketplace)

Cory

Old 11-15-2009, 08:24 PM

I don't know if its in the pipeline or not, but most media players don't have support for "Animated GIF". The ZuneHD has the power to run animated GIFs as seen in the web browser, which is why I chose the ZuneHD over the Ipod Touch 3G among other things.

I was just wondering if the ZuneTeam ever intended on implementing that feature in the picture browser itself?

I also was beginning to wonder if Microsoft had any plans or ideas with major movie studios to allow a "secure" ability to rip Blu-Ray/DVD movies to the ZuneHD "transcoding" its resolution to 720p before transfering it to the ZuneHD.

Since of course the ZuneHD is a media centered device, it would be nice to have that feature.

Another thing, would be Weatherband Radio, Some of us ZuneHD users live in severe weather prone areas, and since the SiPort chipset within the device offers support for that, it would be nice to have that in the event of a power outage during a big storm. (namely the 2008 storm season as an example of that need).

Anyway, I guess that is all for this message. If you read it, thank you for your time.

N.S.
Flyordie
(TPU, Rage3D)

(My PM to Mr. Dave, but I guess if you are a newbie you can't send PMs?)

Old 11-16-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
I don't know if its in the pipeline or not, but most media players don't have support for "Animated GIF". The ZuneHD has the power to run animated GIFs as seen in the web browser, which is why I chose the ZuneHD over the Ipod Touch 3G among other things.

Put under Images:
.GIF (static and animated)

Quote:
I also was beginning to wonder if Microsoft had any plans or ideas with major movie studios to allow a "secure" ability to rip Blu-Ray/DVD movies to the ZuneHD "transcoding" its resolution to 720p before transfering it to the ZuneHD.
Put under General:
Ability to rip Blu-Ray/DVD to 720p/480p(respectively)

Quote:
Another thing, would be Weatherband Radio, Some of us ZuneHD users live in severe weather prone areas, and since the SiPort chipset within the device offers support for that, it would be nice to have that in the event of a power outage during a big storm. (namely the 2008 storm season as an example of that need).
Put under Radio:
Weather-band Radio

Cory

Last edited by oppizzippo; 11-16-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:32 AM

make the web browser to support unicode please!!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbus View Post
make the web browser to support unicode please!!
Put under Web Browser:
Add Unicode Support

Thanks!
Cory

Old 11-29-2009, 04:32 PM

when it shows whats new on the quickplay....if its more than one song by the same artist...just write the artist name instead of like 5 different albums that take up space where other new items can be. this makes me forget what i put on it. screensavers!!! ppl or MS should make some.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
when it shows whats new on the quickplay....if its more than one song by the same artist...just write the artist name instead of like 5 different albums that take up space where other new items can be. this makes me forget what i put on it. ...
Put under Interface:
Combine artist's albums into one button under "new" in quickplay menu

Quote:
...screensavers!!! ppl or MS should make some.
Put under Audio Playback:
Ability to created and use user created screen savers

Thanks!
Cory

Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 PM

Hey Ozzi, thanks again for keeping this updated. Also, love the fixed/not fixed graphics Rather than edit the original post, I'm going to make some suggestions. Do as you will

Quote:
Put under Interface:
Combine artist's albums into one button under "new" in quickplay menu
I'd suggest a grouping option similar to what the PS3 does. Basically, you'd hit a button, and it would auto-group all songs from the same album into one icon. Hit the same button, and it goes back to the way it was. Would be a nice toggle.

Quote:
Speed up browser in general
I don't think any of this has changed, and if it has, it's a placebo affect. Regardless, the browser speed is fine for HTML rendering. It's just JScript that kills the browser's speed.

Quote:
Screen flickers when loading a taxing web page with white background, more evident when playing music
I still have this issue. I think I've just gotten used to it, and don't look for it anymore. It wasn't very pronounced to begin with.

Quote:
Improve app loading times
I did a quick test between 4.1 and 4.3 using the Poker and Space Battle games. Loading times were nearly identical, but the time to go back to the UI when hitting the home button seems to have been cut nearly in half.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
Hey Ozzi, thanks again for keeping this updated. Also, love the fixed/not fixed graphics Rather than edit the original post, I'm going to make some suggestions. Do as you will
Thanks! To give credit where it is due Cruelworld actually implemented the graphics.

Quote:
I'd suggest a grouping option similar to what the PS3 does. Basically, you'd hit a button, and it would auto-group all songs from the same album into one icon. Hit the same button, and it goes back to the way it was. Would be a nice toggle.
I will make the change: Option to expand artist's albums, under "new" in quickplay menu, if multiple albums are added

Quote:
I don't think any of this has changed, and if it has, it's a placebo affect. Regardless, the browser speed is fine for HTML rendering. It's just JScript that kills the browser's speed.
Cruelworld made that update. I will admit I do wonder if it is a placebo affect but I feel that it has speed up in general for now I will leave it as is.

Quote:
I still have this issue. I think I've just gotten used to it, and don't look for it anymore. It wasn't very pronounced to begin with.
Cruelworld made this update also. I still see it... I will change it to X(not fixed)

Quote:
I did a quick test between 4.1 and 4.3 using the Poker and Space Battle games. Loading times were nearly identical, but the time to go back to the UI when hitting the home button seems to have been cut nearly in half.
Thank you for testing that I never had a chance, I will change to: Improve app loading and closing times and leave the check.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Cory

Last edited by oppizzippo; 11-29-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: grammer

Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppizzippo View Post

Thank you for testing that I never had a chance, I will change to: Improve app loading and closing times and leave the check.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Cory
I was on a business trip when 4.3 came out, so when people were talking about better loading times, I immediately did a timed test on 4.1, did the update, and did the same on 4.3 I just wish I had done some web browser tests. Still, I think most of it is placebo effect. Thanks again for all your work, and my thanks goes out to Crule for his work as well.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I was on a business trip when 4.3 came out, so when people were talking about better loading times, I immediately did a timed test on 4.1, did the update, and did the same on 4.3 I just wish I had done some web browser tests. Still, I think most of it is placebo effect. Thanks again for all your work, and my thanks goes out to Crule for his work as well.
Thanks for your suggestions and hard work for ABI.

This is not just to Medion; anyone who has a suggestions on how to better run this list please let me know.

Cory

Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 AM

Uhhhh......my suggestions..not sure if they are possible...but I'll post the anyway..

1) Ability too use the Zune as a portable HDD......i don't mean stuff like drag and drop music and video files...but something like a separate partition where you can store files if you forgot to bring you USB drive or something like that

2) A minimalistic and portable version of the Zune desktop software integrated into the Zune HD....that is stored in the Zune's flash drive and can be used for the transfer of files and downloading of apps from a different computer....you get my point (I hope)...(This would be really cool...I had a crappy Chinese player ; a MP5 player they called it, and it had this feature..actually it was a buggy software you had to copy to the player and when you plugged it into a different computer you could use it to convert and sync files....now that was in a useless, crappy and bulls*%t Chinese fake (a copy of an iPod)and didn't work properly .......but imagine how great it would be if such a software was developed and integrated into the Zune HD by Microsoft)

3) WiFi tethering

4) WiFi file sharing (bring it back) and can they enable wifi file sharing with other devices like phones and such

Old 11-30-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfadfadsfa View Post
This screenshot is from this: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft-Zune-HD/1170/1 website and in the pic they say the Zune HD has a SiPORT HD Radio reciever and they also say what it can support so I wish the Zune HD supported them.
I am not sure about this....but I think the reason they haven't added AM radio is because even though the chip supports AM radio...the actual AM antenna or something is a coiled something of copper wires and this cannot be included in the small form factor of said portable devices and I think is difficult to implement in such small devices (SORRY FOR THE VAGUE ANSWER, I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN THESE THINGS)

So even though the the chip is present, the antenna (or something like that , which is equally necessary) is missing so AM radio is not possible, unless you use some external hardware.....

Again sorry for the slightly(who am I kidding with the slightly) vague answer....if you want more details (and you will) you better wait till someone more knowledgeable reads your post

Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM

Fixing some of the bugs that are present in the latest firmware.
Not sure if everyone is also getting this but man whenever i put mine on random play and the screen goes black I have an 80% chance of it freezing after an hour or so...

LIP

Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mster911 View Post
1) Ability too use the Zune as a portable HDD......i don't mean stuff like drag and drop music and video files...but something like a separate partition where you can store files if you forgot to bring you USB drive or something like that
Put under General:
Ability to use as external Hard drive

Quote:
2) A minimalistic and portable version of the Zune desktop software integrated into the Zune HD....that is stored in the Zune's flash drive and can be used for the transfer of files and downloading of apps from a different computer....you get my point (I hope)...(This would be really cool...I had a crappy Chinese player ; a MP5 player they called it, and it had this feature..actually it was a buggy software you had to copy to the player and when you plugged it into a different computer you could use it to convert and sync files....now that was in a useless, crappy and bulls*%t Chinese fake (a copy of an iPod)and didn't work properly .......but imagine how great it would be if such a software was developed and integrated into the Zune HD by Microsoft)
Put Under Zune Client Software:
Portable version on Zune for on the go syncing away from main PC

Quote:
3) WiFi tethering
Already under Wi-Fi:
Connect to ad-hoc networks

Quote:
4) WiFi file sharing (bring it back) and can they enable wifi file sharing with other devices like phones and such
Put Under Wi-Fi:
Ability to allow device to device file sharing

Thank!
Cory

Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfadfadsfa View Post
This screenshot is from this: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft-Zune-HD/1170/1 website and in the pic they say the Zune HD has a SiPORT HD Radio reciever and they also say what it can support so I wish the Zune HD supported them.
Quote:
I am not sure about this....but I think the reason they haven't added AM radio is because even though the chip supports AM radio...the actual AM antenna or something is a coiled something of copper wires and this cannot be included in the small form factor of said portable devices and I think is difficult to implement in such small devices (SORRY FOR THE VAGUE ANSWER, I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN THESE THINGS)

So even though the the chip is present, the antenna (or something like that , which is equally necessary) is missing so AM radio is not possible, unless you use some external hardware.....

Again sorry for the slightly(who am I kidding with the slightly) vague answer....if you want more details (and you will) you better wait till someone more knowledgeable reads your post
Until such time that I am informed that the Zune HD is capable of AM radio and Weather band without any extra equipment I will leave them off the list. If you would like to submit the idea of an accessory I suggest you submit it here.

Thanks!
Cory

Tags
suggestions, wishlist, zune hd, zune hd firmware