android
  #1  
Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Lhefriel_Medies Lhefriel_Medies is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Default Browser problems

I posted this on iAudiophile as well, but I figured that I'd try here as well for a wider response. I think I summed it up pretty well there;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhefriel_Medies
I was fiddling around with some UCIs just recently and my browser broke completely. The problem first occurred after I updated my Claw's UI and then installed and uninstalled Nova's Square theme. The problems were as follows;

For a long time the song title and artists were displayed as long strings of Chinese and Korean characters. I fixed this by restoring the system defaults, but there were still problems in that the title and artist were "Unknown". I'm fairly certain that the issue is not with the tags since everything was working properly earlier today, and foobar2000 could read the tags when I had it plugged into the PC. I fixed it to an extent again when I played around with Bulk Rename Utility and got the database to compile, and when I did so the album titles started appearing again. Now the problem is that there are a bunch of strange duplicates in the browser; rather than just displaying an album once, it has it listed five or six times in a row. And then when I scroll down and back up, it's only listed once. And then the numbers keep changing. I've been messing around with it and there hasn't been any progress. I'm fairly certain it's not a problem with any UCI that I'm using, since I took them all off for the sake of testing it, and I am completely at a loss for anything to do. I tried everything that I thought of could work; that basically consisted of continually reinstalling the firmware, recompiling the database, and restoring the defaults so maybe it wasn't terribly productive.

Has anyone had this problem before? Google and forum searches turn up nothing, although I may be using the wrong terms.

EDIT: Messing around with it some more, I've found that I'm now unable to access anything but the default UCI. Extremely confused.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention, when I try to browse for pictures, every single folder in the directory is labeled "Music". Also, sometimes when I try to play music, which works, surprisingly, the album art for different songs gets mixed up.
I would really like help. Does anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:35 AM
/echo off/MuchMore/ /echo off/MuchMore/ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Default solution

I have got a similar problem. The player's browser showed wired file names and behaved like it had grown mad. the solution for me was to wipe it totaly clean. deliting everything you find va. your PC afterwarts I reformated it with Windows (keep in mind don't change the blogsize, keep the standard bolgsize). For me it worked perfektly....

hop this helpfull for sombody else...

P.s: the sytem files will recover if you delete them, and don't hasitated to send me fuhrter questions.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.