android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2009, 02:50 PM

Default Zagg invisibleSHIELD s9 review

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Zagg - Full Body Coverage = $24.99 + shipping

I saw several decent reviews for this on this site (and others) so thought i'd get one for my new s9. I knew for the reviews that i'd be tricky to fit but leaving that aside there are still several problems with it.

You get a part to cover the screen, one for each side, one for the back and one for the connector cover.
  • The connector cover is far too small to actually fit properly and therefore useless.
  • Second, the trickiness of the fitting cannot be stressed enough. You effectively have to get it right first time or it just wont work as it should: if you have to peel it off again then the adhesive part just wont be the same again (and it'll really show on the screen).
  • The parts for the sides are poorly cut - you'll spend forever trying to align them to cover the whole side and eventually discover that the stickiness is gone and that it doesn't quite stick properly at the top or bottom of the edge.
  • Also - it is cut in such a way that it will not cover the whole device - there will be a small gap between each part. That'll undoubtedly lead to dust and grim getting attached to the sides of the 'shield'. (that's assuming you can get it fitted properly)
  • If you get any dust on it whilst fitting it, you'll find it near impossible to clean off the cover.
When you read about the product it seems perfect (and i can't fault there shipping time (for UK customers you should note that they send from somewhere in the UK rather than the USA (although the "lifetime" warranty and returns policy both still require it to be returned to the USA)) but it has been poorly executed and simply not worth the premium you end up paying for this item.

I'd recommend simply getting some cheaper cover (even it you have to replace it more often). I've managed to fit the backcover and am reasonably happy with that but even when the front cover was fitted properly it simply wasn't up to much (the adhesive can be seem in certain light and will impact on the quality of the picture), the side bits are next to useless.

I'd be interested to hear other's views on this item.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]