android
Old 03-21-2010, 01:53 PM

Hello everyone - loving my little clip +! It's the dog's nuts.

That said, A feature I would like to see is:

In Artist view, there should be correct ordering for Artists with 'The' at the beginning of their name, so they appear on the list in the proper place ('The Beatles' under B, for example) instead of all getting grouped under 'T'.

Cheers.

Last edited by Attyman; 03-21-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyman View Post
Hello everyone - loving my little clip +! It's the dog's nuts.

That said, A feature I would like to see is:

In Artist view, there should be correct ordering for Artists with 'The' at the beginning of their name, so they appear on the list in the proper place ('The Beatles' under B, for example) instead of all getting grouped under 'T'.

Cheers.
Glad you like your Clip+ Attyman and the 32GB cards just came out which make this the tiniest, most affordable 40GB flash-based MP3 player on the market I can think of. I make that 40 quid for the Clip plus 110 quid for the card - 150 for a 40GB flash player, not bad eh?

I have to disagree with you about preferred alphabetisation though. One of the many things I hate about iTunes is the reordering of Artists beginning with 'The'. As an 'alphabet purist' (LOL) I make a point of putting them back along with the Ts. However, I concede that most people agree with you which is why iTunes did it in the first place. The fact that Sandisk take my side just makes me love their player even more! XD

Ideally someone like Rockbox could create an alphabet sorting setting that could satisfy us both, where the user decides whether 'The's and 'A's are ignored or not.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM

I'm new here at ABI, and in fact joined to post this feature request:

1. Record directly to the microSD card
2. Crossfeed filter

I know that this list is short and sweet but I that's about the only issues - if you can them that - I have with the Sansa Clip+. Other than those requests, I am more than satisfied with the Clip. The sound quality is so clear and effortless that I wonder why Apple is still in business. (I do own an iPod Touch, so you can call me a traitor.)

Last edited by HiFiHedgehog; 03-26-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:56 PM

Bluetooth A2DP AVRCP

It seems that small lightweight mp3 players with bluetooth is currently an untapped market. For running/gym use, I highly prefer wireless freedom and I'm sure there are many others out there that do as well. With bluetooth A2DP stereo headset prices dropping (i.e. Motorokr S305), more people could take advantage of such a player.

Please implement bluetooth in a Sansa Clip type player! I'm sick of lugging around my heavy phone for my runs.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 PM

This is meant as a thread for feature requests that can be implemented in firmware upgrades.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Doh. My mistake.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 AM

Default Won't delete all songs

anyone see this?
From windows I select all. Delete all. Some songs are still on the clip+ even though they don't show up in Windows.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:01 AM

That's because you loaded some tracks in MSC mode and others in MTP mode. Connect via the corresponding transfer protocol to delete these tracks. (That's an extremely annoying and confusing "feature" all Sansa players have.) In future, stick with one transfer protocol (MSC is the much better one) and don't let the Clip's USB setting on "auto".

Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsOfSteel View Post
anyone see this?
From windows I select all. Delete all. Some songs are still on the clip+ even though they don't show up in Windows.
Another method to get rid of ALL songs is to format using Settings > System Settings on the player.

But as dfkt mentioned take the player off Auto, and stick with MSC (my choice) or MTP.

Steve

Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM

Has pan/balance been added?

Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 PM

Not yet, there isn't any pan/bal in the OF.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 AM

Hey, I know this was already mentioned a while ago, but I thought I'd bring it up as it's still not implemented yet. I would like to see the 'Play Once/Play This File Only' feature implemented. I don't know much it would really take to program in, but it would be a nice simple feature to add in.

I like to listen to documentary TV shows when I sleep but it would be nice to listen to just the audio of the show from my Clip+ instead of leaving the TV on.

Just a seconding of a prior suggestion.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:41 AM

Maybe you could use the sleep timer function for that, as I understand it?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:53 AM

Loving my Sansa Clip+ now that I have a somewhat-stable Ubuntu script to do my syncing =D

Some suggestions:
-Clock - Not really anal about it. I just find it weird how it has one, but doesn't use it.
-Ability to delete playlists - Sometimes I accidently back up my playlists rather than delete (that's why I said somewhat-stable xD ). Or you know, if I made a random playlist and just want to delete it =P
-Removal of SlotRadio Icon - No point in having it there unless a slotradio card is actually is use

-Save Go Playlist as a .m3u in the root directory of Sansa or microsd. That way, I can rename it and make another Go Playlist.

-Dynamic Playlist - Exaile Player on my Ubuntu laptop uses this feature and it's so awesome! If there was a way to add songs similar to those in the playlist and save/remove songs, then playlists would be more easier to create on the clip+!

-Alarm Clock? - You can plug the clip into the wall to charge and still use it. Be cool to do that, hook it up to some stereos, and wake up to some great music.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:00 AM

soyandrice, you should really give Rockbox a try.

The stock firmware will never do all these things, Rockbox already does.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NssOnee View Post
Hey, I know this was already mentioned a while ago, but I thought I'd bring it up as it's still not implemented yet. I would like to see the 'Play Once/Play This File Only' feature implemented. I don't know much it would really take to program in, but it would be a nice simple feature to add in.

I like to listen to documentary TV shows when I sleep but it would be nice to listen to just the audio of the show from my Clip+ instead of leaving the TV on.

Just a seconding of a prior suggestion.
Easy enough....use folder browsing, put your TV show's audio in a folder, and as long as repeat is off, it should play just that folder , and then stop.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
soyandrice, you should really give Rockbox a try.

The stock firmware will never do all these things, Rockbox already does.
I would, but won't rockbox lower the battery life; I heard that, and I already need to charge it once a day =P

Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The last report I read had the battery at 9 hours 39 minutes with the display on continuously, and 14 hours 21 minutes with the display off. For a Sansa Clip 8GB v2, playing ogg vorbis files fairly loudly. Wow!

For the Clip+, someone most recently reported more than 10 hours of play time, if I recall correctly, before the system crashed due to instability issues--unknown how long the battery would have lasted.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 AM

Maybe it's been said before, but I'd like a player which doesn't crash doing a database refresh on the very first files I put on its memory card. Those files could have anything at all in them, so is it too much to ask for a little defensive coding? You can't trust data coming in from anywhere that's not your own runtime memory.

I got this player for Ogg Vorbis support in the OF. If it's going to choke on my Vorbis files, I was better off with a Rockboxed iPod, and I'm going to be waiting for stablisation of the Rockbox port for the Clip+. Actually crashing when reading the tags on files you claim to support is enormously irresponsible. And continuing to do it over two firmware updates? That just takes the biscuit. My apps don't crash when they receive something odd over the network, so I see no reason why the Clip+ should crash when it sees a Vorbis file it doesn't like (and why doesn't it like it? Which one is it? Or maybe it's one of the FLAC files I put on the microSD card?)

Oh and related to this, the ability to connect to a computer in USB mode without refreshing the database first, so I can nuke the contents of the microSD card. I'm now going to have to dig out my microSD->SD adapter and do it in a card reader.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 AM

* .ape file support
* .aac file support
* a triple AAA battery slot (in the player) (optionally, i.e. 2 product lines!)
* a triple AAA battery clip-on (to extend the internal battery's 15 hour life), so you can use your player on a few-days-hike by bringing spare AAA batteries with you)

many thanks