android
Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobbolop View Post
Que/on-the-go-playlist that works in the same way the que-function is implemented in Winamp. Select a song -> choose que -> and it will play next. Furthermore it would be nice to be able to edit the que-list (deleting song, re-arrange list etc.). I seriously don't understand why so few players (if any?) have this feature.
That's my fave part of rockbox.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 AM

well.. +1 for rockbox then

Old 12-05-2009, 02:12 PM

how about a "play once" option. My Zen has it where I can play an album, playlist or whatever and it plays one song and stops so I manually hit next and play to go to the next track. It's great for fitness instructors and the like.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Ship the Clip+ with a battery friendly firmware! Even today I have no idea how much power I have left in the battery because the firmware's power management modules aren't properly calibrated (I'm stuck at 16%). I tend to leave the Clip+ plugged in overnight and the firmware's power management wasn't built to do automatic disconnections from USB. And now the battery is dead.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
how about a "play once" option. My Zen has it where I can play an album, playlist or whatever and it plays one song and stops so I manually hit next and play to go to the next track. It's great for fitness instructors and the like.
Ditto on this one. It is an obvious omission. This clip+ is the first cd/mp3 player I've ever had that lacks a "Play one and stop" mode.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:18 AM

I am just wondering if clip plus supports foreign lanuage like Chinese, Korean and Japanese? As I have asked the same kind of questions on the Sandisk Forum but they said it does not support at all.
Thanks for helping...!

Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 AM

@rexlampard, yeah! its supported.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:38 AM

Things I'd want in an update:

32GB micro SD support
Faster refresh rate
Customizable backgrounds

A much more in depth EQ. Why are COWON the only PMP company to think about this? and think HARD!!! Cowons EQ is freaking unreal.

Video zoom to full screen/crop
A more efficient power saver that knows when to shut off and when not to.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinty View Post
Things I'd want in an update:

32GB micro SD support
Faster refresh rate
Customizable backgrounds

A much more in depth EQ. Why are COWON the only PMP company to think about this? and think HARD!!! Cowons EQ is freaking unreal.

Video zoom to full screen/crop
A more efficient power saver that knows when to shut off and when not to.
You were looking for the Fuze forum, perhaps?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlampard View Post
I am just wondering if clip plus supports foreign lanuage like Chinese, Korean and Japanese? As I have asked the same kind of questions on the Sandisk Forum but they said it does not support at all.
Thanks for helping...!
To corroborate what jimfaker said, the Clip+ will display the Japanese text tags on my video game soundtracks.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 PM

Feature request: crossfeed, or at least the option to switch from stereo to mono.

I listen to a lot of Super Nintendo game soundtracks and the balance on some of the layers/instruments is one-sided on a surprisingly frequent basis (almost to the point of abuse). There's only so much 16-bit drums in just my left ear that I can take!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Feature request: disable database / refresh

I only use Browse by Folder, so why should I have to sit through a long database/cache refresh when I don't even use it? If the Clip+ is using the database to render the navigation for folder browse, well, that needs to change, too. Harrumph!

A refresh for a 4GB + 8GB SD combo is kind of painful. I imagine the 8 + 16 GB combo really brings the hurt.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Bug: The Clip+ crashes/locks up when rebuilding the database with Vorbis files with embedded album art. As soon as you remove the album art, it works fine.

My album art is embedded with Tag&Rename, which is generally the best tagging app and the recommended way to do these things. I hope that bug gets fixed.

I'm aware that no portable player actually supports embedded Vorbis album art yet, since it's a rather new standard - but that's the way my albums are tagged (and I'm not gonna change that for a stubborn player) - other players like Cowon or Rockboxed ones simply ignore the image tags and have no issues with those files.
Nikolaus was kind enough to post this link in another post I created. Perhaps this would work with the Plus and the album art issue, even with Tag&Rename?

Old 12-29-2009, 10:21 AM

Resume function - or did I overlook that somewhere? I have my Clip+ set to shuffle play - when shut down and powered up again it's either at the beginning of the last track or more likely at the beginning of another track..

Old 01-11-2010, 01:48 AM

Here's my feature request: The Clip+ should read and write the Popularimeter (rating and play count) id3 tag in mp3 files (and the equivalent in ogg, etc). Currently the Clip+ only uses its internal database for such information, so you can't copy your music over to the Clip+ and have it know about your ratings, and vice versa.

http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0 (see Popularimeter section)

Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 PM

Everything you said before would be good. But personally would like the EQ could also be applied to the FM tuner. I also wish that there could be an option in the equalizer with the BBE ('s cool in some types of music). My last mp3, an iRiver IFP 180 of 2003 received an update with this feature! So I see no reason why an mp3 as the Clip + (which is superior in almost everything) can not.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 PM

Hmm, I haven't looked through all of this thread, but does the Clip+ actually display the time somewhere? Besides the actual Settings > System Settings > Time and Date?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nope.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampark1995 View Post
Hmm, I haven't looked through all of this thread, but does the Clip+ actually display the time somewhere? Besides the actual Settings > System Settings > Time and Date?
I think the time/date is used to denote when something is recorded on the device, such as the Radio and when utilizing the Record feature. (Haven't used those features yet.)

Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampark1995 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
I think the time/date is used to denote when something is recorded on the device, such as the Radio and when utilizing the Record feature. (Haven't used those features yet.)
It's also there for use with time-stamped subscription content, like Rhapsody music, and audiobooks.