android
Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Good idea, Bob. I'd like to see it as a configurable option (no pause, .5 second pause, 1 second pause, beep). Personally, I'd usually go with silent no pause, but I'd prefer the beep while exercising. I get the feeling a configurable rewind might be too much to expect, though.

While I'm being greedy on configurable rewind, I'd like to see a configurable "previous track" option: pressing the left button can either take you to the beginning of the current track or immediately to the previous track.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 PM

I just want it to work like every other piece of electronic gear that I've ever used. I don't want configuration or non-standard solutions. Since the first CD player, a quick press/release of the rewind button takes you to the beginning of the current track. That decision was made over 25 years ago. It's too late to change now.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Bug: The Clip+ crashes/locks up when rebuilding the database with Vorbis files with embedded album art. As soon as you remove the album art, it works fine.

My album art is embedded with Tag&Rename, which is generally the best tagging app and the recommended way to do these things. I hope that bug gets fixed.

I'm aware that no portable player actually supports embedded Vorbis album art yet, since it's a rather new standard - but that's the way my albums are tagged (and I'm not gonna change that for a stubborn player) - other players like Cowon or Rockboxed ones simply ignore the image tags and have no issues with those files.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 AM

dfkt your cip+ doesn't show any album art...... how is your stuborn preference Sandisk's problem? Sorry I can't support that improvement suggestion. The rewind thing is much more important.
Zune 30GB (white-unfortunately)
Sennheiser CX300 and CXL400 lanyard headphones

Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not willing to re-tag my files for this one player that doesn't work with those Vorbis tracks. All other players I have work fine with these files, they simply ignore the embedded album art and don't lock up or go in an infinite reboot loop during database rebuild. The Clip+ has no issues with FLAC files with embedded art - and that's the same comment system as Vorbis uses. FLACs play perfectly fine with album art, as do MP3s of course.

Vorbis Comments are standardized, and since Sandisk supports Vorbis playback on the Clip+, they have to deal with implementing that standard properly. The player should work for me, not I for the player.

It's ok if the rewind issue is important to you, but I prefer that you don't call me stubborn.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

"The player should work for me, not I for the player."

"Men have become the tools of their tools"
Henry David Thoreau

My biggest issue with the Clip+ and Fuze is that if one plays untagged podcasts in folder mode, some music files, then turns off the player, the player won't remember which podcast file was playing last. I also want variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=1272

Old 11-06-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Heh... spaces are overrated.

No, of course it's only a firmware thing - but no other Sansa player works with Zenses as well. Not that I care, since I would never use MTP - not even if it was the only way for scrobbling. MTP is just so incredibly bad compared to MSC for my needs.

I would be surprised if Sandisk gave the users a working scrobbler implementation - but then again, they already gave us file/folder, Replaygain, and some sort of rudimentary gapless support as well. They do listen to the community, and I'm grateful for that.

Nobody can make any predictions about Rockbox ports - it works when it works. And it's always a lot of work porting it over to a new player.
Yes, spacebar its just a exquisite way to separate words!

Can you tell me the difference between MTP and MSC?
Do the PlusClip work with mtp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_k View Post
Two free cheats (one that betrays my age...)

1. Alt+32 (hold down the Alt key, and type "32" on your numeric keypad, then release the Alt key)

2. Find a space. Any space (that is, any space on a web page or document). Select the space with your mouse. Type Ctrl-C and then, anywhere you want to "type a space" type a Ctrl-V and the space you placed in your copy buffer will appear at the cursor position. You can keep pasting them until you need to put something else into the buffer (since you can only have one item in the buffer).
Tks for the tip. But i already bought a new keyboard. haha
and its a cool keyboard! Since there is no spoiler tag, letme show you
the link for a pic. sorry the offtopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
Seriously.

Although I would pay them to implement those features.
Yeah! i would pay 50 dollars for perfect Scrobbling system!
Koss Porta Pro 25th Anniversary Edition
Sennheiser MX471

Old 11-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechat View Post
Can you tell me the difference between MTP and MSC?
Do the PlusClip work with mtp?
There are a number of threads on this topic, so you may wish to look for a good explanation.

The Clip+ supports both MTP and MSC (as do the Clip and the Fuze). I use MSC mode and it works well for me. Others use MTP because they use Rhapsody.

Sansa defaults all of these players to Auto-Detect. For certain, you want to decide on one or the other and change Auto-Detect to your choice.

Steve

Old 11-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

MTP mode is needed for protected files. It can sometimes operate more complicatedly. It requires the presence of Windows Media Player (a later version).

In MSC mode, your player appears like an external drive, nice and easy. No extra software required. The reason many of us prefer it.

Both the Clip and Clip+ work with both modes.

As noted above, it is best to set the Clip's USB mode to one mode or the other. In Auto mode, it can fluctuate between the 2. The only problem with that is, your computer will only see what is on the Clip where that content was placed on the Clip in the USB mode that the Clip currently is connected to your computer under. A good reason to always use one USB mode.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 AM

-The minimum radio volume issue so it is on par with the minimum music volume.
-Removing the Slotradio icon.
-It would have been nice when pressing the center button while a song is playing to display the information for the song that is playing rather than the visualization screen or the "next song" information (available on doubleclick). It is far more useful for me to have the info for the current song than for the next song, especially since the album name is not displayed when a song is currently playing.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 AM

i'd like 'folders' to be with repeat, shuffle, etc.

i'd prefer the headphone socket not to be on the right hand side.

it would be great if one of the front buttons, preferably the 'next track' button, to have a tiny raised dot or something. personally, it would help me from hitting the pause button accidentally when i'm just going 'by feel'.

also a differently designed volume button. maybe its because my player is quite new, but i find the button very stiff to operate. if it were raised up just a tad more, that would be good too.

having the option of a lanyard.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Am curious: what's the issue with the headphone jack being on the righthand side?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:59 PM

i find that when i wish to adjust the volume for instance, the earphone lead/plug basically gets in the way. i know i'm being overly picky, and doing this with my left hand instead of my right would fix the issue, however it just don't feel 'right' with my left, if you know what i mean?

reading this back, it does sound a little stupid!

i know that a number of the reviews i read on the clip+ also weren't keen as to where the jack was located.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Interesting--with the Clip+ and the move of the volume control to the Clip+'s left side, the idea, I assume, was to eliminate that issue by separating the volume and headphone jack locations. I thought it was successful.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:19 PM

I've been using my new 8GB Clip+ and also notice that gapless playback doesn't work properly on every format that I have tried: FLAC, OGG, MP3, and WAV. I don't hear any click between "separate" tracks, but for tracks that flow directly into each other like in DSOTM, there are annoying clicks present when one song goes to the next.

I read a gapless thread somewhere saying that the hardware in some players makes gapless impossible. Does anyone know if the Clip+ hardware is capable of handling clickless gapless playback? If it can, then it's just a matter of it being perfected in a future firmware update, right?

So far, that's my main beef with the Clip+.

I do also support being able to rewind back to a previous track. I noticed the Clip+ couldn't do that when I was trying to test out the gapless feature.

In general, how receptive has Sansa been to fixing problems with firmware updates? I know some people were upset that the pitch problem wasn't fixed on the Clip with a firmware update, but I must say that I don't noticed the 0.25% pitch error on the Clip+.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 AM

Smile

Edit: Firmware update 1.02.09 has fixed the issue for me. Thanks, Sansa! Details here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=51524

Bug: certain OGG Vorbis files cause playback to hang

This may not be limited to OGG Vorbis format, but certain files will cause playback to hang. This has been verified on other Clip+ units. My workaround is to replace the OGG files with either the original FLAC source or an MP3 version.

Upon completion of the current track, playback stops and the screen appears stuck on that track. The Clip+ is still responsive to some buttons, like menu (down), but selecting another track results in the same frozen screen with no playback. A turn off/turn on cycle fixes it.

It doesn't happen 100% of the time (more like 90%), but when it does, it's always on one of the same few tracks.

Backstory and test files can be found here:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=49535

Last edited by gudfooht; 01-22-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Fixed in firmware update 1.02.09

Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
If it's just a tiny break, then likely the DID get the loading time part, but did not fix the part about skipping blank space in the file (based on lame playing time tag).
Also, on files with same size/encoding/length, the time is different.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:52 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Warning/confirmation when skipping tracks for audio books
On the Philips GoGear Spark, when you hit next/previous while playing an audio book, it pops up a menu asking if you really want to skip track. This eliminates the mistaken skips that leave you searching for where you were for 30 minutes. Make it optional of course (menu item: "ask when skip track" or something like that)

Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM

My biggest wish is for the microSD card to be transparently integrated. Specifically, I want to see just one device in Windows Media Player for syncing, so I can use a single auto playlist for filling the device.

Lee

Old 12-03-2009, 03:44 PM

I don't own a Clip+ but I plan on buying one soon...

But this not just for the Clip+ but something I think every single player needs:

Que/on-the-go-playlist that works in the same way the que-function is implemented in Winamp. Select a song -> choose que -> and it will play next. Furthermore it would be nice to be able to edit the que-list (deleting song, re-arrange list etc.). I seriously don't understand why so few players (if any?) have this feature.

+1 gapless playback