android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Angry File / Folder browsing problem in Clip+

I just got an 8 GB Clip+ yesterday. One of the biggest reasons why I got a Clip+ is because it has a file/folder browsing mode, and I plan to use that a lot.

One problem that I've encountered is that in the file/folder browsing mode, there is a string of numbers (and sometimes letters) in front of most of the folder names.

So for example, a folder that is named "Beatles" will show up as "14030000_Beatles." (This does not happen to all the folders, but is an issue with most of them.)

This may not sound like a big deal, but the folders show up in alphabetical order and so the numbers screw up the order of the folders. I can't just scroll over to the "B's" and find the Beatles Folder.

Second, the screen of the Clip+ is very small the number string basically pushes the "real" folder name of the screen. So to see the real folder name I have to highlight it and then wait for the name to automatically scroll to the right. This is a very slow and irritating process.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyway to get rid of these number strings? Or am I stuck with them?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
bug, file/folder browsing, folder browsing, numbers