android
Old 10-03-2009, 05:11 PM

Default Bass: NWZ-S738 vs NWZ-X1050

Hi i currently got a Iaudio d2 and its a amazing player, however i am planing to buy a new one and i am thinking of NWZ-X1050 or NWZ-S738. I have read on many differents forums but i still cant decide which one to buy.

I listen to all kind of music but i want deep and nice strong bass. I have read on forums that the NWZ-1050 got less bass then S738.
So what player has the "best" "bass" of those two? and will i notice any different from my old D2 compare to NWZ-S738 and NWZ-X1050.

Thanks alot

Last edited by Eqric; 10-03-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned

If you do get a Sony, get the older S Series not the X. The latter is a waste of money and won't sound any better.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 PM

ok so the sound quallity is about the same?

Old 10-03-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
If you do get a Sony, get the older S Series not the X. The latter is a waste of money and won't sound any better.
Agreed. I recently bought the X1051 and own the S639. They both sound similar, but I prefer the sound on my S639 with my Denon AH-C710 earphones and with my Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II speakers. The X1051 is not worth the extra money over the S639.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpod9 View Post
Agreed. I recently bought the X1051 and own the S639. They both sound similar, but I prefer the sound on my S639 with my Denon AH-C710 earphones and with my Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II speakers. The X1051 is not worth the extra money over the S639.
No, not with a half-assed browser.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:47 AM

who in their right mind would listen to a S638 over the X1050?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisssssssss2 View Post
who in their right mind would listen to a S638 over the X1050?
Add to the dialog, or keep the 1-post trolling out of the thread please.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM

go with S series, X is more like a experimental+trial and error+beta kind of like product from sony, it's a bad first attempt since they want to catch up with the market and make a touch player. the result is A and S series are still the better choices, while X showed how sony can't get catch up

Old 11-07-2009, 02:09 PM

A lot of bashing of the Sony X series goes on here and I´m not quite sure why. It comes with a load of features, some of which are slap dash, yes but if you look at Head-fi, they are raving about the way it sounds, and touting it as possibly the best sounding DAP ever made.

When you also consider that in some parts of the world the X-series is cheaper than the competition and pretty good value, if you´ve got the extra money and some of the features it offers will come in useful for you then go for it.

By the way, I haven´t actually heard the thing. Mine´s arriving tomorrow

Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 AM

I was looking for the place to share my experience with newly bought X1051. I have had S739 for about 7 months and thought it was one of the best sounding units on the market. However, after release of X-series I was going to replace my good old S739. Everyone said that the sound quality output was AMAZING! Guess what? It really sucks against my S739. It is not the BASS, it's sound clarity. The sound is not that clear, not that detailed. I am disappointed that Sony put such bad D/A-converter into "high-end" device. If you want real sound quality, get the old S-series.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:46 AM

Probably they focus not that much on audio quality like previous models ..my opinion is the same ..my NW916 sound much better then x1050 ..but interesting nwz A72X sound better then A 82x

Old 12-06-2009, 05:25 PM

wait why are you jumping ship from a perfectly good D2?? I personally don't think your gonna get anywhere hopping ship unless your d2 breaks...Now let's really think about this...a D2 has way more power output than any sony model on the market. Your dropping a solid codec support + gapless playback, bass heh if your a basshead senn cx300 and call it a day. You wouldn't grab the sony for bass, you would get it for the clarity of sound which both the S and X do a solid job on. Though the X does have the edge because of the S master digital amp. But think of it this way you have a perfectly working D2 with a UI that can be changed, volume output through the roof, over 50 hours of playback on one charge, and more codec options and gapless...you give all this up when you go to sony. Now I'm not trying to turn you away from sony...I have an X1050, its a solid player, is it better than the D2??? well I think that is whole different discussion but seriously I feel that if you do jump ship you be stick in placebo land and won't be able to tell the difference and feel like you didn't get anywhere.