android
Old 10-02-2009, 02:53 PM

Default Bluetooth Reciever for Stereo System

I want to be able to play music on my stereo wirelessly via bluetooth, so I am looking for a 3.5mm bluetooth receiver. I found a couple on dealextreme.com, but was wondering if anyone has used one before or could make a recomendation. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 AM

I use the Altec Lansing T515. Its detachable 3.5mm BT receiver pendant can be used either in conjunction with the portable speakers themselves or can be detached to BT-enable any headphone, TV or non-BT amp.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyhed View Post
I use the Altec Lansing T515. Its detachable 3.5mm BT receiver pendant can be used either in conjunction with the portable speakers themselves or can be detached to BT-enable any headphone, TV or non-BT amp.
Yeah, I was thinking of buying the T515. Sound quality?
Thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 05:55 AM

Sorry, BramDB, I missed this, just browsed my subscribed threads....Dont know whether you finally bought them...but...

...as far as SQ goes, they seem to be sounding better with BT on rather than the direct cable connection, and the bass seems to be less, but then what can you expect from these small speakers. I use them all the time in my car, 'cause they can be plugged into my car charger or emergency charger and I can also use them as handsfree to take phone calls when streaming thru my phone's BT.

I find that they sound better with Concert DNSE on P3 or maybe you can make a suitable user-created EQ yourself for that player. But the advantage is that you can use the detachable pendant with other non-BT devices. I sometimes plug these to my old amp for streaming music to them thru my P3, mobile phone or Cowon D2 (well, I have a BT transmitter for the last one and the BT dongle is also a great product as I can listen to FM radio in the car via the speakers using P3, D2, mobile )

Last edited by eggyhed; 11-03-2011 at 06:04 AM. Reason: added some more info

Tags
bluetooth, receiver, stereo