android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman

View Poll Results: How many people would buy the 64gb player if released in your country?
Yes 41 95.35%
No 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
hmm, supposedly the new NWZ-A845 was registered in korea around 2 weeks ago, so perhaps a worldwide launch is due soon?
Good, so I can sell my other players and just have this. The SQ is worth it IMO.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Good, so I can sell my other players and just have this. The SQ is worth it IMO.
You really think the A or the X sound much different from an S?

Old 10-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Banned

I recently sold my Sony - because I don't need 3 players.

If my P3 or Clip+ prematurely kick the bucket I would consider another Sony but only 32GB or over and not an X Series even if they're heavily discounted.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:12 AM

Well if it doesn't get released in america I at least have a good reason to learn japanese.

But seriously can't some hacker change the language or something, I know it's possible!!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:34 AM

Hi,i'd get a Sony X again,even if it was priced more than i paid for it
Maybe not in this Forum,but certainly a hell of a lot in Head-Fi would do the same.

Cheers BOB

Old 11-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibio View Post
Hi,i'd get a Sony X again,even if it was priced more than i paid for it
Maybe not in this Forum,but certainly a hell of a lot in Head-Fi would do the same.

Cheers BOB
If the 32gb X Series were selling for $250.00USD I MIGHT consider buying it, but no way for what it costs ATM. And this isn't head-fi, so who cares what someone else thinks, it's what an individual thinks that counts.

Now, WTH does your comment have to do whit this thread?

Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM

I found this page :

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/nwz-s745

this player seems to support english.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Hi,links,views get posted from Head-Fi on here,links,views get posted from ABI on Head-fi,etc etc.Seen you do it on Head-Fi & on here.Read a lot of your posts,you certainly like your own opinions & express them at times in certain type of way ,lots i agree with,but not all.Just the same with anybody else's,nice to have lots of opinions,then make your own mind up.Everybody is different,nobody is 100% right.
Regards your last comment look at other posts in the thread,especially one just a few up from my last one.

Cheers BOB

ps O & i'm certainly no Sony Fanboy(or Fanboy of anything).There certainly looks to be other good players out there.My next player could be anything,could be the Sony 64GIG,for 64GIG if nothing else,have to sound good as well thou.
Can't see it not being released elsewhere,or at least something as good being released.Else they will not sell as many.

Last edited by bibio; 11-01-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evivbulgroz View Post
I found this page :

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/nwz-s745

this player seems to support english.
good info
i hope the 64gb version (especially A version) will release soon

Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@bibio: I see you on head-fi as well, and I respect your opinion as well. I was asking as I'm dieing for the 64gb A Series, or a 64gb S Series to be in my hand also. And, I may like Sony, but I'm not a fanboi either. I was just making a point of us all having this thread stay on the main topic: the A Series.

As for head-fi, the overpriced HiFiMAN is all the rage there as well. And not all FOTM are worth that much. The X Series is a great DAP, but it's not worth the price for the value. Head-fi'ers will spend $$$ on anything that's classified as the FOTM, but I try to think that we at least try to think a little more here on ABI (since most of us aren't that rich). I love head-fi, but my wallet can't handle it.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM

Hi,never once said the Sony X is not priced too high.You certainly can't stick up for it in that sense.I'm not loaded as well,not skint thou completely ,plus other things to spend money on,mind if i want something don't take me long to save up for it.Sony X was a treat,selt A829 because a friend had to have it ,with money from that,it wasn't that massive expenditure to get the X.
If you do have to have some of the best sound,the Sony X is certainly one option.Does Video Ok as well,if you want something all singing,all dancing look elsewhere. thou.One thing that as surprised me,the touch/touch interface is excellent.I liked the buttons on the A829(& like them on phones etc),but i think i'm being converted.
Its same with Home HiFi,were returns definitely start to diminish with increased cost.But some even if not loaded have 50,000 systems(lot of time not this much thou,but still decent),or more,might have swapped & changed,bought second for years till they got to that stage thou.
Never been on many threads that have kept a completely straight track.I just replied to a prev opinion expressed a few posts before,so 2 opinions & both of them are not right for everyone.
Sony X is expensive & guess what,if 64GIG S comes out in USA,UK etc(prob got a good chance to),you can bet that won't be cheap

Cheers BOB

Old 11-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

I want one now. Don't get me wrong - it's great having a Clip+ with 24GB, a 16GB P3 and my phone, but I just want one device to have everything on.

I'd buy it tomorrow - even the turquoise and gold one.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM

I've got to ask...Does anyone know if/when the A-Series will make it to Eurpe/U.S.?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibio View Post
Hi,never once said the Sony X is not priced too high.You certainly can't stick up for it in that sense.I'm not loaded as well,not skint thou completely ,plus other things to spend money on,mind if i want something don't take me long to save up for it.Sony X was a treat,selt A829 because a friend had to have it ,with money from that,it wasn't that massive expenditure to get the X.
If you do have to have some of the best sound,the Sony X is certainly one option.Does Video Ok as well,if you want something all singing,all dancing look elsewhere. thou.One thing that as surprised me,the touch/touch interface is excellent.I liked the buttons on the A829(& like them on phones etc),but i think i'm being converted.
Its same with Home HiFi,were returns definitely start to diminish with increased cost.But some even if not loaded have 50,000 systems(lot of time not this much thou,but still decent),or more,might have swapped & changed,bought second for years till they got to that stage thou.
Never been on many threads that have kept a completely straight track.I just replied to a prev opinion expressed a few posts before,so 2 opinions & both of them are not right for everyone.
Sony X is expensive & guess what,if 64GIG S comes out in USA,UK etc(prob got a good chance to),you can bet that won't be cheap

Cheers BOB
LOL!!! But you know well BOTH buy it if it does come out!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM

can someone change the title of this thread, we all know sony isn't bright or else they wouldn't be in deep shit with their business. but they are not dumb enough not to release the A and S series worldwide. who said they wouldn't release it worldwide anyway? pretty unreliable source of information. the only digital walkman that sony has kept away from rest of the world is NW-A910 anniversary model, though it does look like A820 bt walkman

if you have ever imported an japanese model sony walkman, u would know the menu is simple to use and it doesn't mean u have to learn japanese in order to use it. there are only few options anyway, and it does display music info in english, so either way u can have A and S series locally or imported. A and S are much better than the crap X anyway, go mickey mouse

Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It's interesting how the button layout resembles Mickey Mouse. Perhaps they didn't want to release these players in the US, because of possible legal action by Disney.

See the resemblance between these and the above mentioned Sony Walkman.

Last edited by Muka; 11-05-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muka View Post
It's interesting how the button layout resembles Mickey Mouse. Perhaps they didn't want to release these players in the US, because of possible legal action by Disney.
They already released the S540 and E340 players with the Mickey Mouse layout here in the US, so it's not that.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Okay, like seriously.... who cares if the menu is in Japanese? Im pretty sure you guys who have used a SOny WAlkman before will know how to navigate around, and if you didn't use a Sony WAlkman before, it's not that hard to find the music button :P

Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouss View Post
Okay, like seriously.... who cares if the menu is in Japanese? Im pretty sure you guys who have used a SOny WAlkman before will know how to navigate around, and if you didn't use a Sony WAlkman before, it's not that hard to find the music button :P
The bigger question is who wants to go through the hassle of importing it from Japan (Although it does seem like some of you are more then willing to take this route ). But your right that the Walkman menus are pretty straight forward.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If I really want one of those new gen Sony Walkmans (S/A series), I will have to import it