android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM

Angry Zen does not seem to play all MP3's or .WAV files

Hello All

It has been a while since I've been on here. Now I've looked and looked and even did a search here by keywords. but haven't found anything or anyone with a similar problem.

I've had my 8GB Zen player for well over a year, and yes, you guessed it, it has the WSOD. At this point I don't care about that (no way around it) and I can still hear my music.

I've always noticed that when playing, it never really played all of the MP3's I had in it. And because I had it in shuffle mode, I just thought it never really got to certain songs. Well today, I decided to "clean up" the Zen and even put in some new music. At 1st, the music i installed was in .WAV format as I didn't want to convert. Well, it didn't play, so I said to myself "It doesnt support .WAV files?" Hmmm. I looked at the specs, and it showed support for it. "OK" I said, "maybe it would play them if I convert them to MP3's?" So I converted them and, guess what? It didn't play them either.

So now I go back to all of the songs I had in the Zen, and decide to find out why I would only hear certain songs in shuffle, and sometimes the same song twice in a row after hitting the "shuffle" button. LOL

So I deleted a few songs and left others that I knew didn't play and it still wouldn't play those. The I proceeded to delete that ones that did play and left 3 songs that wouldn't play at all. Yet, it still refused to play them. I checked their properties and attributes and they all seem fine and within spec of what the Zen could play back.

Finally, I left only 1 song that wouldn't play from before and converted one of the .WAV songs to MP3 using Wavelab and into the Zen. Well, neither one played. Took one out and left another, and still nothing.

So as you can see and read. Do I have some bad MP3's files? It is puzzling because those songs that don't play on the Zen, will play on Winamp and even Windows Media Player or any other software player on XP or Vista.

Anyone have any insight or is it a file name problem, or something other? It's driving me crazy trying to figure out why it's being picky. Is it really just the hardware and yet another problem on top of my WSOD!?!

Let me know if I have missed out on a post.

Last edited by alxjm69; 09-20-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
does not play all mp3, music, problem, wav files