android
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 AM

Default P7 Cradle AC Adapter

Hi all!
I just got my new P7 and a charging cradle as well.
The cradle did not come with an AC adapter.
I've looked all over the iRiver site and only find mention that it (the cradle ac adapter) ships with the cradle.
I got mine through Warehouse123 without the adapter.
Nowhere at all is there any other mention of the ac charger at the iRiver site.

Did anyone here get this with their cradle, and if so could they post the amp requirements, it's usually printed somewhere on the charger?

Additionally does anyone know where to get one?

Thanks!

-Bill in Colorado
http://yanneck.com

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridingduo View Post
Hi all!
I just got my new P7 and a charging cradle as well.
The cradle did not come with an AC adapter.
I've looked all over the iRiver site and only find mention that it (the cradle ac adapter) ships with the cradle.
I got mine through Warehouse123 without the adapter.
Nowhere at all is there any other mention of the ac charger at the iRiver site.

Did anyone here get this with their cradle, and if so could they post the amp requirements, it's usually printed somewhere on the charger?

Additionally does anyone know where to get one?

Thanks!

-Bill in Colorado
http://yanneck.com
I got my cradle, and it does not come with a DC charger, either. Which is dumb, because you wouldn't be able to charge the cradle's built in battery otherwise

Anyway, the specs for the DC input is 5V 2A (listed in the manual). Looks like I'll have to spring for those Chinese multi voltage adaptors.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you order the Charging Dock from iRiver, is comes with an AC adapter. Of course it costs more there too.

For anyone that has one, what ports/jacks does it have on the rear if any? I can't find any photos of it's back side. This dock would have been great if it had TV-out or even Audio-Out to your stereo.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I contacted Warehouse123 about the missing AC adapter, and they have now corrected their page and will include the iRiver White AC adapter free with purchase of the dock. From warehouse123.com :

Quote:
HI Olley,

I see the reason. Thanks Olley !

Would you mind letting anythingbutipod.com know the cradle will come with a FREE Offical iRiver AC Adapter (100 to 240v). We just added to information to make sure all people can see this information more clearly.

Here below is your reference linkage.
http://www.warehouse123.com/store/pr....php?pid=21150

Please look for
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accessories:
Manuals
Offical iRiver P7 AC Adapter (100 to 240v)
Let me know if any

Thank you
Candy
Warehouse123.com

Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
If you order the Charging Dock from iRiver, is comes with an AC adapter. Of course it costs more there too.

For anyone that has one, what ports/jacks does it have on the rear if any? I can't find any photos of it's back side. This dock would have been great if it had TV-out or even Audio-Out to your stereo.
The cradle is a classic example of minimalist design. The only ports in the back are the DC input and the proprietary USB connector for charging your P7 and data transfer when connected to the PC. No TV or audio-out. And a on-off sliding switch on the right side of the cradle.

Shucks, and the online stores are selling it with the charger? Looks like I need to have a little chat with the shop I bought it from. Anyway, I got a cheap switching power adaptor and successfully charged it last night. The specs are 5V 2.5A. At least the LED changed from red to white.

Addendum:
I had a cheap 3rd party PSP charger lying around, and the input jack fits the P7 cradle perfectly. The specs are also spot on at 5V 2A. So it's an alternative for those who are unable to get the original P7 cradle charger.

Last edited by dscans; 10-07-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for your post, Dscans. The Cradle is certainly something the P7 can use, as it certainly doesn't stand up at a good angle for viewing itself. TV-out or even Audio Line-out would have been nice, but then the cradle would have been $100 on sale for $69 instead of it's current price.