android
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 PM

i think this claw uci has confused me. I installed that from the get go. dont know whats what.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-13-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardshark View Post
Agreed. My 8-year-old students had an easy time figuring out the old X5 interface back in the day, and the S9 uses the same configuration logic. If you can't figure out how to use it, you haven't spent enough time trying.
Your eight year olds probably don't use many complicated functions of the player like we adults do.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:21 PM

C'mon - everything on the S9 is self explanatory. And I mean everything. There's really nothing overly complicated in the stock menus.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
i think this claw uci has confused me. I installed that from the get go. dont know whats what.
Well then why don't you uninstall Claw, and then get to know the player first.

After you start getting to know some of the features and tricks, and you've tried out every feature, then start putting on themes.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:47 AM

Or you could just install Aero 4.50 and customize your entire player and see the s9 really shine.... Please, getting ticked off and wanting to can this player because you cannot figure out menu's is ludicrous. People here should be praising Cowon for not locking people out of their players like MS and Apple.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:48 AM

Oncdoc, I hope you read through the forums before buying your S9, because if you think there isn't a feature, usually it is there but you didn't read the instruction manual or its in claw's or other UCI's that are located in this forum. Take a few hours to just go though claw's options, its virtually endless.

Here is a guide: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...ght=claw+guide

Its going to take a while to get through all those options....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
People here should be praising Cowon for not locking people out of their players like MS and Apple.
I think its just apple.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM

<off-topic> The Zune is actually more crippled and restrictive than the iPod in many aspects. </off-topic>

Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
C'mon - everything on the S9 is self explanatory. And I mean everything. There's really nothing overly complicated in the stock menus.
Start with the confusing icons. Box with plus sign. Arrows crossing each other. Heart sign. Vertical lines of random size. These graphics are self explanatory?

Then move on to the S9's quirks like refusing to delete a file because you didn't ask properly or refusing to start random play until you select a song (why won't it just play?). I've used this thing every day for months and I still get stuck on these sometimes. I have to think "Oh yeah, this is the S9. I have to do it this kooky way..."

Then end with the things that nearly every MP3 player on the market can do but the S9 simply can't do like create dynamic playlists, or start in music mode instead of the menu, or run with the USB plugged in, or changing the volume while recording FM. If you didn't know these things weren't possible, you'd assume there was some strange icon or menu selection to make them possible.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Well, you know what the icons do once you click them the first time. Sure I didn't know what the box with the plus was (since I didn't read the manual, like everybody else), but I knew what it did after I tapped it.

I can't speak for the other things, and they're not exactly what I meant with my post above - I never use playlists, random/shuffle, ID3 browsing, radio, or recording. I just listen to albums, organized by file/folder.

As for the resume flaw, you're absolutely right. The S2 and D2 not resuming playback after powering on is one of the most stupid bugs on any player (other Cowon players like the O2 or X5 aren't that stupid). This is essential for me - good thing it is fixed in Claw's UI.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM

ignorance.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
Start with the confusing icons. Box with plus sign. Arrows crossing each other. Heart sign. Vertical lines of random size. These graphics are self explanatory?

Then move on to the S9's quirks like refusing to delete a file because you didn't ask properly or refusing to start random play until you select a song (why won't it just play?). I've used this thing every day for months and I still get stuck on these sometimes. I have to think "Oh yeah, this is the S9. I have to do it this kooky way..."

Then end with the things that nearly every MP3 player on the market can do but the S9 simply can't do like create dynamic playlists, or start in music mode instead of the menu, or run with the USB plugged in, or changing the volume while recording FM. If you didn't know these things weren't possible, you'd assume there was some strange icon or menu selection to make them possible.

wow well said. Im an oncologist and consider myself educated but this thing is a crappy user interface. It sucks.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
wow well said. Im an oncologist and consider myself educated but this thing is a crappy user interface. It sucks.
Hmm, I'm really not trying to be a dick, but I hope you're better at dealing with cancer patients than you are at dealing with the S9. Both are complex, but I think practicing medicine is much more so.

Proper education includes grammar; it has a crappy user interface, but the S9 itself is not a user interface. O.K. Now you can call me a dick.

Duke Lukem.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The first sign of ignorance is not realizing you are ingnorant about something. I was bothered by how the S9 went to the app before you could pick the media to play, but layed down my complaint and went on with my enjoyment of the device. It took one tap of the icons I didn't know to find out what they meant, and from that point out they were no longer a problem. If you're a doctor and can't figure this out, then you should resign immediately. The new mandate to switch to electronic medical records is going to drive you to suicide. If you think the S9 has a bad UI you'll be shocked when you see the software the government comes up with to make all the assorted apps work together.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino View Post
Hmm, I'm really not trying to be a dick, but I hope you're better at dealing with cancer patients than you are at dealing with the S9. Both are complex, but I think practicing medicine is much more so.

Proper education includes grammar; it has a crappy user interface, but the S9 itself is not a user interface. O.K. Now you can call me a dick.

you guys are soo funny, thanks for the smiles. I cant spell and english is not my forte. Thats why I dont teach AP Literature !

anyway. Im still laughing. cheers mates.

oh yeah almost forgot. ur a dick!! just kidding.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 PM

i love how you guys are soo protective of ur s9's. do you make love to it too?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
i love how you guys are soo protective of ur s9's. do you make love to it too?
Nah, with such customizable UI, and just a wee bit of technical knowledge, I can tell the S9 to make love to itself. With so much endless varieties of technology these days, doing things yourself is so last century.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
oh yeah almost forgot. ur a dick!! just kidding.
You may be kidding, but I really am a dick.

"Dicks fu** pussy's, but they also fu** ass holes! And if dicks didn't fu** ass holes, we'd have sh*t all over our dicks AND our pussy's!" - Team America: World Police. (Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.)

Duke Lukem.

Closed Thread