android
Old 09-10-2009, 07:17 PM

Unhappy S9 screen won't flip into landscape :( Help?

I've only had my S9 maybe a week and already it's not working properly. Ever since I've decided to leave my iPod in the dust all of my mp3 players are breaking on me! I replaced my old Creative Zen with an S9. I got it just about a week ago and I've been very careful with it until my case comes but already the screen is sticking and won't flip into landscape view. I went into the preloaded game and my little character wouldn't move at all which is how I guessed the sensor was off or something. Does anyone have other suggestions as to what's wrong? Is there anything I can do to correct this other than send it back? I can send it back to Cowon right? This should count as a factory malfuction right? I'm curious if I can just hit it a little and jerk it out but I don't want to break it even further. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Does it not flip period? Or does it just not flip sometimes? Because if it's the latter, it could be a firmware problem, in which case you could try upgrading to the latest firmware.

If it never flips, then it's probably a hardware problem and you probably need to return it. If you just got it a week ago you could probably still exchange it at the you bought it.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Is this in the music app? In the music app the G-sensor can be toggled between ON, Shake-to-Shuffle, and OFF. If it's OFF or StS the music app won't change when tilted.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 PM

Yea, i would try to install the latest firmware, then try again. If it still doesn't work, the defect is covered by the warranty and you can just send it back.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:19 AM

I updated it to the latest firmware the day I got it so I don't think that's the issue. I've tried toggling the setting on the music screen and doing different screens so I'm thinking hardware... ugh that's going to be a lot of work... Thanks

Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Just to let you all know... turns out I didn't do the most basic thing possible. I forgot to use the reset button. I guess it was a firmware problem or something because after I reset it it worked fine. I don't know why and it doesn't actually make much sense to me but hey! it worked!

Old 09-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good work, Abby! What will usually cause the S9 to need a reset is a bad media file. If it happens again, consider deleting all the media off your S9 then re-syncing it from original source files. I'm delighted you got it working. I know exactly how frustrating it is when a new device acts up.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That's great! Glad you got it working!

We should have a new motto here: "If all else fails, hit reset"

Old 09-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Yes I'm just extremely suprised I forgot because I had a Creative Zen and towards the end there I was pressing reset probably around 10 times a day. I'm just so excited it's working so I can continue to play with it! I'm still figuring out all the cool stuff I can do with it!

Tags
screen problems