android
Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Assassin View Post
Gotcha. That explains why it seems "fixed" since I just loaded new firmware.
I had the same problem a couple of times with 2.14. But since I've set the switch and just kept it set on Album Art, I haven't had that problem again. Good to know though just in case it shows up again
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 PM

Good update. I'm looking to do something with the SDK. Anyone want to see a particular widget?
PC Audio: Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 - Energy RC-10 - X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro - Onkyo Integrated Amp

Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM

what is sdk? lol

Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM

Source developer kit? I guess Software developer kit in this case. Used to make apps, themes, skins and widgets for software.

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 PM

this firmware doesnt have the dictionary icon?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 PM

One huge pain of a problem still remains. Whenever i switch from MTP to UMS and vise a versa my MyDNse settings are reset! Its so annoying cause it takes me a while to reprogram.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james09 View Post
One huge pain of a problem still remains. Whenever i switch from MTP to UMS and vise a versa my MyDNse settings are reset! Its so annoying cause it takes me a while to reprogram.
Why do you need to switch? I assume that you're using Rhapsody (or something like it) that requires MTP, right? If that is the case, what can't you do with it? (I never use MTP, myself).

Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Good update. I'm looking to do something with the SDK. Anyone want to see a particular widget?
This isn't just specific to a widget, but I've been really interested in seeing if someone could come up with a simple Matrix theme. I'm no developer at all so I have no idea what you can do with the SDK, but a 'dripping letters' widget of the date and time or something like that would be cool. If not that, something with Matrix feel to it.

Add on a nice simple Matrix background and I think it could look really good.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Why do you need to switch? I assume that you're using Rhapsody (or something like it) that requires MTP, right? If that is the case, what can't you do with it? (I never use MTP, myself).
I Sync it with WMP in MTP because in that mode i can sync my playlists and then switch to UMS to add and view files with other devices like the PS3. If i could find another way to sync playlists i'd get rid of MTP. any suggestions..?

Old 08-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james09 View Post
I Sync it with WMP in MTP because in that mode i can sync my playlists and then switch to UMS to add and view files with other devices like the PS3. If i could find another way to sync playlists i'd get rid of MTP. any suggestions..?
I don't do playlists, so I don't have the answer there.....unless you were just to create folders to play. But I don't know how many songs you could put in a folder either.....so depending on how big of a playlist you tend to make, the folder idea may not work.

But since I am one of the few that does not do playlists, you would think that one of the many that do might know how to make and sync them in MSC. Hopefully someone has a solution for you. Good luck!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:15 PM

Looking at some of the newer widgets I guess a detailed battery monitor would be nice. Perhaps with a percentage and any other info you can get out of the hardware.

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:50 AM

how i dl the sdk..? cant find it
and why isnt this **** ever in english..

Old 08-29-2009, 02:45 AM

Yeah, what's preventing them from putting it on the international website ?

Old 08-29-2009, 04:23 AM

anyway if you want to try it out then download and install this 2.20 update
download the SDK 2.0 file from wherever its linked
when extracted you will see a file called P3UCI SDK 2.0.swf and a folder called Widget, copy these both to the MY PACK THEMES folder and disconnect

now as normal just select the theme on the player to load it up, now, this is where it differs from the old system, tap the screen empty space to pop up the small theme selection menu again and you will see the WIDGET option now available, do as you normally do, drag and drop them onto your custom UCI

the player creates a file to log what widgets have been added to the theme, a small file in the THEMES folder relating to the current theme selected, meanign that each custom theme can now have their own set of widgets added

this is really nothing fantastic in terms of this players development as i see widgets low on the list of priorities regarding this player but its there now, i am not sure if we can actually make our own widgets as i cant open the FLA file to see whats available, but it seems to me that all it is a small step to allow us widgets on custom themes, also the press and hold thing works on UCI now, so press and hold music icon to go right to music player etc, this was missing before

not sure, if when opening the SDK FLA file if it allows you to actually mod the current look of the widgets, but i see no FLA files for them, maybe we need to decompile the widgets SWF files to gain access and then we can style them ourselves

anyway, its there now, its just i do not now have a working flash program as it timed out and i aint paying for a license for the little use i will get out of it so i cant open the new SDK to see how it all works

to me all seems the same RE the player, this update only addds the support for the SDK2.0 themes, i see no advance in speed or snappier UI at all, the list are still jumpy when you drag scroll and the album art is still slow and clunky, so i see nothing at all bu the addition of custon UCI widget support

Old 08-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Banned

Bottom line for me is that it plays music well and any vids I care to throw on it - Widgets are a waste of time and I could care less about any sdk kit or any 'new' firmware.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
download the SDK 2.0 file from wherever its linked
hmm isn't it the current problem?
Where did you find a working download link? Thanks

Old 08-29-2009, 04:53 AM

from the site that is mud around these parts, it has P2 in the URL and they have a Korean member who has downloaded it and re-uploaded it also, i cant link it or i will get blown to hell and eliminated from life as we know it - sorry

Old 08-29-2009, 04:59 AM
Samsung Moderator

You're afraid 'cause you're speaking to a ABI team member? lol
Ok no problem, I'll get it and share it. Thanks for the info

Old 08-29-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Bottom line for me is that it plays music well and any vids I care to throw on it - Widgets are a waste of time and I could care less about any sdk kit or any 'new' firmware.
could not agree more really, i use a them i made that just has the icons on and no widgets at all, i just dont use them, they clutter and serve no real purpose

what i would like to see on the P3 though is an update to add all the newUI enhancements that are on the R1 as there are some usefull things in there that can and should be applied to the P3, if not i will feel very cheated by samsung, they have a better album art list and song search etc etc plus UI enhancements, so i hope at least to see that make its way to the P3

Old 08-29-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post

You're afraid 'cause you're speaking to a ABI team member? lol
Ok no problem, I'll get it and share it. Thanks for the info

oh i have no fear just it aint worth rocking the boat and i cant see why it has to be this way, live and learn and forgive, its bloody stupid to fight and argue over petty things, plus, the name is banned and does not show up anyway

Tags
2.0, 2.20, firmware, samsung, sdk