android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman X Series

Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 PM

Default Using X series Walkman on a mac (album art). Please HELP!

Hi I just ordered my X series on amazon and should recieve it on friday, but after I ordered it I realized I may have some problems because it is my first non ipod mp3 player and I have a mac and all my music is on iTunes with all it's album art and I read the walkman is not mac compatible so I wanted to know if anyone could help me by telling me if I will be able to transfer the music WITH the album art because doing it al again would really suck and I can't return it because I am from south america?
So please help is there any way to transfer evrything by itunes li with the itunemywalkman program I found?
Sorry for my crappy english but it is not my native language.
Thanks for your help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 PM

Hi,nearly sure people use the 'X' OK with a MAC.
One thing whether PC or MAC,you can bet Album Art won't show on Player if Album Art isn't embedded in the MP3 etc File's/Tags ie PC/MAC prog's might show Folder.jpg,but 'X' won't.Prob most MP3 Player's the same ?

Cheers BOB

Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibio View Post
Hi,nearly sure people use the 'X' OK with a MAC.
One thing whether PC or MAC,you can bet Album Art won't show on Player if Album Art isn't embedded in the MP3 etc File's/Tags ie PC/MAC prog's might show Folder.jpg,but 'X' won't.Prob most MP3 Player's the same ?

Cheers BOB
Thanks for your answer, so if I have every album art on itunes it is useless on the walkman right? So i would have to go song by song tagging the album art? Because that would suck, an what about the itunemywalkman program? Has anyone used it? How does it work with the album art?
Thanks

Old 08-19-2009, 11:40 AM

Hi,download a tagging editor like MP3Tag(?),check see if album art is in the Files,MP3 or whatever(even FLAC).Or even try right clicking on a say MP3 file,& see if any prog already will,show Tag values etc.Ripping prog you use might have tagged & added Album Art with luck.
A lot of MP3 taggers(lots free)will batch convert.I use dbPoweramp for ripping etc etc,it will batch convert say'IDtag update'(& set to what you want it to do),so can just tick all album boxes etc,just have to have or drop a Folder.jpg into album/album's folder/folder's.Not free thou & don't know if works with a MAC.Prob find a free one that works with a MAC.

Cheers BOB

Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM

Thanks bob...and another question how can I know if the file has the album art "tagged", I think they are becuase when I look in my mac's finder here is what files look like

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/584/imagen2m.png

so I hope that if I drag and drop to the mp3 the album art should appear right?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 AM

Hi,i know nothing about MAC's.Supposedly you can do it with iTunes.Googling:-

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

Download Jaikoz Audio Tagger for Mac - Powerful MP4 & MP3 tag editor. MacUpdate Mac MP3 Software Downloads

http://www.fixtunes.com/

And prob lots more.

I can have a Folder.jpg on PC in MP3 files,progs like WMP,iTunes etc will see that.MP3 player like X needs Album Art in the actual MP3 File(in all the MP3 files in a say Album etc)ie in Tag,it makes each MP3 file a few KB bigger.A MP3 Tagger will look in the MP3 etc file & not just show Folder/folder.jpg etc(which might be in the same Folder as MP3 files).
Good Luck.

Cheers BOB

ps you will get there,& prob find quicker ways(batch etc),to do it.Might even be iTunes that does it all for you ,when all worked out.

Last edited by bibio; 08-20-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:06 PM

I recieved it today and something very strange happened I have al the album art but just some of them show up on the device...doe anybody know why may this be?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:20 PM

Hi,some Album Art in Tags,some not.Also not sure if there is a limit on Album Art X will rescale,most Album Art prob not above 500 x 500 pixels thou,but?

Cheers BOB

Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 PM

I have tried everything and still can't make all the album art work

Old 08-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbagli View Post
I have tried everything and still can't make all the album art work
Use iTunes, add the Album Art into the song & press ok, it should pop up on the X Series because that how i did it or use Windows Media Player.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:52 PM

my problem is that the album art appears in all the song in itunes, but when I transfer the music to the walkman more than half of the elbum art does not show up

Old 08-22-2009, 07:24 AM

Hi,but iTunes will show Album Art if say Album Folder includes .jpg image,Sony X won't.Got to be embedded in the MP3 file/files Tags,only these will show Album Art on the X.Those you can't see on the X,at a good guess won't have the Album Art in the Tags.
To actually add Album Art to Tags with iTunes,maybe xxxx.jpg(Metallica.jpg etc)as to be renamed folder.jpg/Folder.jpg or whatever etc.Else it won't embed in Tags?

Cheers BOB

Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM

I have seen the files an I am not sure but for me it seems that he files are tagged because the files have it self the icon of the album art there is no photo on the folder an I have tried to search for a difference between fils that show up on the x and those that not and there is really no difference, I downloaded programs used with itunes to tag the photo and they still dont show up on the x this is really pissing me off

Old 08-23-2009, 05:43 AM

Hi,like you say if individual MP3 File icon is a pic of Album Art,that should mean Album Art is in the Tag.So don't know what will cure your problem.Theres diff standards etc of Tags thou.
Long process but i am Tagging all my missing Album Art + converting to -V0.Max size of Album Art is 500 x 500 pixels.I'll put some on the 'X' & see how it goes.

Cheers BOB

Old 08-23-2009, 05:06 PM

Hi,well iv'e gone through the 'A's(22 Albums),and everything shows up fine

Cheers BOB