android
Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM

Unhappy M will not turn on

When pluged in, the battery charging light is on. Light stayes on when unit is unpluged, but will not turn on. Switch feels fine. Replaced the battery, thinking this might be the problem... no change. The battery is getting warm, so I am sure that it is charging. Any Ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2009, 10:02 PM

Hey,
It has been a month since you posted this. Have you gotten any help since then?
If not let me know and I will help you out.
Gordon

Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 AM

Default same symptoms

Hi,

My ZVM suddenly stopped working as I disconnected from my PC and now displays exactly the same symptoms as described above. Blue light on permanently with blank screen no matter what I do. Pressing reset causes the blue light to dim for a moment then light again but the display stays blank - the same if the switch is held in the on position while resetting. It seems to charge but isn't recognized by Windows.

Is this a motherboard fault?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:27 PM

Default Me too!

I've got exactly the same issue. ZVM30GB was plugged into USB port of my netbook; I unplugged the USB cable and have had the same exact problem since then. I emailed back and forth with Creative customer service. Synopsis: they recommended reloading firmware, resetting to recovery mode, and the usual fixes. However my ZVM can't boot in the first place. Creative eventually ran out of ideas and suggested I send it in for repair. I'd like to see if I can repair it myself...Gordon, any advice?

Thanks to all for the great forum!

Old 10-24-2010, 04:41 PM

Same problem here! (30gb Zen VisionM) Any help??

Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

same issue here. I took mine apart and found a loose soldering joint. not sure what the part is that is soldered, but I figure that if creative put it on there it should be there. Will resolder soon and see if it fixes.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 PM

So has anybody figured out this issue? I'm having the exact same problem; light stays on, screen doesn't turn on, no reaction from the player whatsoever, device doesn't show up on my computer. I took the whole thing completely apart to see if anything visually broke or came loose; it looked fine. This all happened after I dropped it today at work. Do you guys think it sounds like a broken HDD? If so, I'd really want to upgrade to a 120gb.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydock View Post
So has anybody figured out this issue? I'm having the exact same problem; light stays on, screen doesn't turn on, no reaction from the player whatsoever, device doesn't show up on my computer. I took the whole thing completely apart to see if anything visually broke or came loose; it looked fine. This all happened after I dropped it today at work. Do you guys think it sounds like a broken HDD? If so, I'd really want to upgrade to a 120gb.
Sounds more like a faulty motherboard. But try this connect to a wallcharger & push the reset while connected to it.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Hey guys,

I just did a hard disk replacement on my Zen Vision:M and I am suddenly having this problem as well. My Zen has never had power problems up until this point.

I'm getting the same problem: Boots into a blank screen, top light blinks on and off slowly. Reset button does not do anything. When I plug into a USB charger, my Zen will eventually display the blank screen + battery charge icon in the top right corner, but it will never get past the "low battery, red, quarter-charged" icon. After about an hours worth of charging, it will attempt to get to the Creative screen and reset, back into the black screen and repeat.

I haven't tried using a wall charger yet because I don't have one. After reading that suggestion, I'm going to attempt it today. I'm not sure how this will work though, because the reset button is hidden behind the big, white power adapter that plugs into the ZIF connector. I may take this thing apart again to try that.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. In the meantime, does anyone else have suggestions to get out of this seemingly inescapable problem?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJ View Post
Hey guys,

I just did a hard disk replacement on my Zen Vision:M and I am suddenly having this problem as well. My Zen has never had power problems up until this point.

I'm getting the same problem: Boots into a blank screen, top light blinks on and off slowly. Reset button does not do anything. When I plug into a USB charger, my Zen will eventually display the blank screen + battery charge icon in the top right corner, but it will never get past the "low battery, red, quarter-charged" icon. After about an hours worth of charging, it will attempt to get to the Creative screen and reset, back into the black screen and repeat.

I haven't tried using a wall charger yet because I don't have one. After reading that suggestion, I'm going to attempt it today. I'm not sure how this will work though, because the reset button is hidden behind the big, white power adapter that plugs into the ZIF connector. I may take this thing apart again to try that.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. In the meantime, does anyone else have suggestions to get out of this seemingly inescapable problem?
Your issue may just be that the battery is not yet charged enough. Try leaving it alone to charge for at least 5 hours to get a full charge.If your player is more than 4years old & you have not replaced the battery you may be needing to do that. BTW the power adapter does not plug into a ZIF connector. That ZIF is what the hardrive adapter connects to. A thin pin (a long sewing needle works) slipped in between the dongle to the reset port. works.

Last edited by coachop94; 01-23-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:34 PM

That was the exact problem. It just needed a little power to get the process going. My Zen is now back to working order!

Just to clear that up Coachop, I didn't mean get a ZIF-connecting power adaptor I went out to Radioshack and picked up one of those multi-purpose AC adapters with the correct size plug. I didn't even need to do a reset in my case, since I replaced the hard disk, the Zen booted into recovery mode on its own.