Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks man.
Removed it but did not see any difference in speed or fluidity

Claw UI
V2.41

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM

I been playing with the S9 for like 2 weeks now. And I totally in love with it. So I upgraded from 2.30 to 2.41 yesterday, and i'm using Claw UCI 2.33 with bigger album art . When I on music playing screen, I cannot access the new preset (reverb thing etc...). But i can access it through setting in main menu, but when i come back to music, it show undefine preset. Is it normal?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

You need to upgrade to new 3.35 UCI (its a patch, so install 3.34 followed by 3.35).

Old 08-21-2009, 05:10 PM

Thx alot Claw. Download and installed 3.34 & 3.35 today. Everything working now

Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 AM

The reverb effects don't quite work for monophonic recordings. They simply add a monophonic reverb at all settings.

The reverb effects that the original Creative Jukebox were amazing if you listen to lots of mono recordings with headphones. You could set the reverb to "room" or "hall" and it was just you were listening to it in a room with realisticl reverberation from all directions.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
The reverb effects don't quite work for monophonic recordings. They simply add a monophonic reverb at all settings.

The reverb effects that the original Creative Jukebox were amazing if you listen to lots of mono recordings with headphones. You could set the reverb to "room" or "hall" and it was just you were listening to it in a room with realisticl reverberation from all directions.
You just hate the S9, don't you?

Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
You just hate the S9, don't you?
I had that same thought....

Old 08-30-2009, 07:21 PM

If I hated it, I wouldn't be using it.

The S9 has been a disappointment in many ways and Cowon disappointed me with this firmware update. I was expecting stereo reverb since that was a useful feature with the old Create Jukebox years ago. I'm sorry if I've hurt people's feelings my expressing my opinion. It is just an electronic toy, not someone's child.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Lol, I never said my feeling's were hurt, just a casual observation is all. I just hope you get your problems solved so you can finally enjoy the device.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM

They aren't really problems, just shortcomings and they haven't made the device unusable. I've never had to reset it and it has never locked up on me. My Creative Zen does that regularly (just keep skipping songs until it refuses to play anything) and Creative will never fix it. To me this is the S9's best feature. While Cowon does a terrible job with the UI and they apparently have never used other MP3 players, they have done a good job of keeping it reliable which is more than I can say for Creative.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Does anyone think Cowon will ever release a firmware update that lets us queue music to what is already playing?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertedskull View Post
Does anyone think Cowon will ever release a firmware update that lets us queue music to what is already playing?
Start a poll asking how many want it. It worked for gapless playback. I'll sign up for it.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertedskull View Post
That would make it perfect for DJing. The S9 was not made for that.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Start a poll asking how many want it. It worked for gapless playback. I'll sign up for it.
I'm in too. That is one annoying thing. I have to wait for the current album to finish then select the next one. While that isn't completely awful, the fact that it shuts down and I have to restart the device is. It would be a whole lot better if I could select the next album right before the album ends.

Right now I've set up some predetermined playlists with album playing one after the other, but I would prefer to do this on the fly.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:16 AM

Back on 2.31b, my ogg vorbis files weren't gapless, but they are on this one, so thank you Cowon Also, thanks for making the browser not suck. Good job, Cowon.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukee View Post
I been playing with the S9 for like 2 weeks now. And I totally in love with it. So I upgraded from 2.30 to 2.41 yesterday, and i'm using Claw UCI 2.33 with bigger album art . When I on music playing screen, I cannot access the new preset (reverb thing etc...). But i can access it through setting in main menu, but when i come back to music, it show undefine preset. Is it normal?

I've had my eye on this baby since the rumors started and I've been monitoring the incremental upgrade progress with a very keen eye. I've taken the plunge and just ordered my S9. Should I upgrade straight to v 2.30 or v2.41 right out of the box?thanks in advance

Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilator View Post
i've had my eye on this baby since the rumors started and i've been monitoring the incremental upgrade progress with a very keen eye. I've taken the plunge and just ordered my s9. Should i upgrade straight to v 2.30 or v2.41 right out of the box?thanks in advance
2.41 a.s.a.p.!

Old 09-27-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
2.41 a.s.a.p.!

Thx Olley. That's why I love this sight. I can't wait.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:08 PM

Downloaded the files, but get error message when trying to extract them from the zip.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo308 View Post
Downloaded the files, but get error message when trying to extract them from the zip.
Re-download them, then extract directly to the "Root Directory" on the S9. Make sure it's in "MSC" mode before attempting this, as it'll give an error message if you don't.