android
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default S9 Firmware 2.41

JetEffect 3.0 *

Added Reverb sound effects: Reverb effect gives you feeling of real circumstance.
* Added 9 presets: total 39 presets.
Maestro
Feel the Wind
Mild Shore
Crystal Clear
Reverb Room
Reverb Club
Reverb Stage
Reverb Hall
Reverb Stadium

* It is possible to apply EQ filter, BBE, Stereo Enhance, and Reverb at the same time.

Improved touch sensitivityImproved MP3 gapless playback.Fixed the error of gapless playback in some OGG files.Improved playback of OGG files.Fixed the error of tags in some FLAC files.Fixed the displaying error in some video files.Support video files that contains PCM audio codec.

COWON S9 Firmware V2.41 Download

Thanks to ryan5268 @iAudiophile.net.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-17-2009, 02:48 AM

It was reported by DKFT that going from 2.31b2 to 1.41 reverted all settings to default. Does anyone know if upgrading from 2.31b2 to 2.41 will revert all settings to default? I don't want to lose my custom eq settings.

Also, does anyone have any comments about or observations of 2.41?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

All setting are reverted to default, but all the pictures, music, and videos stay on the S9.

I didn't try the reverb, but the touch screen is definitely faster and more responsive.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayteee View Post
It was reported by DKFT that going from 2.31b2 to 1.41 reverted all settings to default. Does anyone know if upgrading from 2.31b2 to 2.41 will revert all settings to default? I don't want to lose my custom eq settings.

Also, does anyone have any comments about or observations of 2.41?
This was actually the first and only time this ever happened to me. I did switch several times before from 2.xx to 1.xx firmwares, and vice versa, without any issues.

Switching from 1.41 to 2.41 did not revert my S9 to its default settings, all went smoothly.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 AM

2.31b2 to 2.41, all settings went back to default for me (EQ settings and almost everything else in the settings menu, the clock remained correct :P). First time I turned it on I had to choose my language and region. All my files remained untouched.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:38 AM

So people, write down your custom EQ settings before you upgrade!

Old 08-17-2009, 05:01 AM

Is this the final firmware? I've v2.30 at the moment, so this is for my player, next in line to v2.30, right?

Also, will it wipe out the player? I mean should I backup the music & videos & pictures & Claw's UI on my S9 before applying this? Or will it keep the stuff on the player?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 AM

It really doesn't matter at all with Cowon firmwares if they're beta or final. It's the most awesome firmware yet, that's all that matters, in my opinion.

It will only wipe the settings of the stock firmware - your files will be left intact, and so will be the settings of Claw's UI.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:40 PM

nice touchscreen update. my fingers are happy

Old 08-17-2009, 06:08 PM

I have to say that IMO its unacceptable that the settings revert back to default. It just makes it frustrating for users. Regardless of the how different the player functions after the upgrade, they should have figured out how to port the settings to the new firmware. Where I don't personally mind writing down all my settings beforehand, this is exactly the kind of thing that people flock to apple for. In addtion, there was no warning from Cowon that the settings will be lost. So thank you to all for that crucial piece of info!

And for the love of all things musical, implement crossfade and forget about worthless crap like reverb! Crossfade for the win! Cossfade! Crossfade! Crossfade!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:32 PM

nice feel!

and gapless is fantastic!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:16 AM

wow the scrolling is much improved and for those who have browser total on their s9 i recommend that you remove that to see the effect

Old 08-18-2009, 10:21 AM

Wow yeah, removing browser_total, the stock one is way faster now.

Last edited by jsully; 08-18-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:22 PM

Default 2.41 Linux Improvements

Has the latest firmware made any improvements in Linux compatibility? I've just bought a Cowon S9 and then found out that others have had bricking problems with the device under Linux, which is what I've bought the device for :S

Old 08-20-2009, 05:11 AM

Default Browser total

Where do i find and remove Browser Total?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:32 AM

You find it in the System/Flash UI folder - only if you have some custom theme like Claw's UI installed.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You find it in the System/Flash UI folder - only if you have some custom theme like Claw's UI installed.
Is it safe to remove the "browser_total" file? I have Claw's UCI installed, and if it'll speed things up more, I'm removing it as well.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:26 AM

Just rename it to "browser_total.swf.bak" or something and check the difference. For me, the speed (or rather, acceleration) difference is minimal, I rather keep Claw's browser with my own settings. Furthermore, maybe Claw will improve his browser in upcoming versions of his UI as well, to match the different acceleration behavior of the new stock browser...

Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Guess I'll just leave well enough alone then, thanks. And, thanks for the speedy reply, as always.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:56 AM

I prefer a clean black background to the browser so unless it's possible to change the stock browser background (I'm prety sure it isn't), I'm staying put with total