android
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 AM

Default Transfer Protocol ?

I know i want this player but I have to know what is up when i was reading the review i saw this

Transfer Protocol: MTP / Temporary MSC

I own a Sandisk Fuze now and have used it in MSC mode the entire time!

Does the X1000 have MSC like my fuze where i can take the player and plug it into my friends computer and drag and drop all my music from the player to the machine or what?

Also if I have all my music in folders with album art files in each folder will the Sony be able to recognize these .jpgs as the actual album art or will i have to go through and embed the album art for my entire collection!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-15-2009, 10:47 AM

Unfortunately the Sonys aren't that flexible, you can't set the transfer protocol manually. They switch automatically to MSC when connected to OSX or Linux (or anything that doesn't support MTP right out of the box), but otherwise you're unfortunately stuck with MTP.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The X has a strange option called USB connection mode under Settings> Common Settings. When tapped a window pops up stating "Use when USB connection cannot be established. Use this mode? (Yes/No)." I'll have to dig a little deeper to find out if it essentially switches the X to MSC for easier connection when MTP give you grief.