android
Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM

Default Good in-ear headphones w/ wrap?

Okay, I just discovered that on my previous headphones, one side died...that, and the little silicone piece came off, and can't replace. Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations for in-ear headphones that have a "hanger" that goes over the ear? I have a major problem with in-ear earbuds that just fall out (unless someone knows of some that stay put?). Preferably under $50 in the USA, and I don't need Bluetooth...I just want to listen to my cowon again.

Thanks!

Oh, and if it helps, I have a local Target, Radioshack, Walmart, and BestBuy that I can walk into and buy from. I am fine with buying online as well, but it is always nice to go see the packages myself.

[edit]: I removed those weird links, I did NOT put those there! Anyone know why those appeared?

Last edited by KWildman; 08-14-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Post in the "Headphones" section of the forum for an answer to this - wrong section. Also, the brackets in your post make no sense, try a little harder to be clear next time.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:22 PM

Weird, I didn't put those there...they weren't even there when I first posted!

I put a post under 'accessories', but I wasn't getting any answers, so I thought I'd check with the general "population" of the boards.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:44 PM

go fore BOSE, they fit perfectly in any ear, im talking bout the in ear ones. The sound quality is superb, the only problem is that htey cost 130$ CAD...so?

Old 08-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhu View Post
go fore BOSE, they fit perfectly in any ear, im talking bout the in ear ones. The sound quality is superb, the only problem is that htey cost 130$ CAD...so?
Bose are horrible and overpriced. Look in the Headphones section, you get plenty of assistance.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Post in the "Headphones" section of the forum for an answer to this.
Unless you're talking about the 'accessories' section or 'bluetooth' section, I cannot find the 'headphones' subforum. Could you at least tell me where to find it?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWildman View Post
Unless you're talking about the 'accessories' section or 'bluetooth' section, I cannot find the 'headphones' subforum. Could you at least tell me where to find it?
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...splay.php?f=22

Old 08-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Ah, thank you. I thought when I was directed to the 'headphones' section, they were being specific to Cowon S9 subforums/threads.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Bose are horrible and overpriced. Look in the Headphones section, you get plenty of assistance.
What are you talking about? Do you know what yours saing? The qualit y of my in ear headphones is superb, amazings lows and clear highs. Bose is good quality. Just slightly expensive

Old 08-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
What are you talking about? Do you know what yours saing? The qualit y of my in ear headphones is superb, amazings lows and clear highs. Bose is good quality. Just slightly expensive
Even assuming that you like the sound, they're way overpriced. I tried the on-ear and around-ear models at a Best Buy and could not believe how much $$ they want for those things.....there are much cheaper options that sound as good or better.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Considering I've tried a few Bose (I had planned on making a purchase of them), and then compared the SQ to $20-$60 Sennheisers, as well as Sony's of a much lower cost, the Bose are overpriced and the SQ is horrible. A decent headphone for the same cost (which I can afford BTW) has much better SQ.

Now, my turn: have you used anything from Sony, Sennheiser, Grado, Audio Technica, or the like? Or have you JUST used the Bose? Test a few brands out, you'll see (actually hear) the difference.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Considering I've tried a few Bose (I had planned on making a purchase of them), and then compared the SQ to $20-$60 Sennheisers, as well as Sony's of a much lower cost, the Bose are overpriced and the SQ is horrible. A decent headphone for the same cost (which I can afford BTW) has much better SQ.

Now, my turn: have you used anything from Sony, Sennheiser, Grado, Audio Technica, or the like? Or have you JUST used the Bose? Test a few brands out, you'll see (actually hear) the difference.
The around-ear Bose actually reminded me of the Sony MDR-V150, which cost me $20.....and now are at a recycling facility.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Bose Triport earphone is only 97 db/mw in efficiency, and will not even give enough volume with many mp3 players, which tend to be low in power output. Cranking a player to near its maximum volume will make it be at its worst. Even with a player with plenty of output power though, I doubt the Bose earphones will perform so well. A better strategy with most mp3 players which have a low power output is to look for a headphone or earphone that is at least around 107 efficiency.In case you don't know, a difference of 10 db in efficiency between earphones means the more efficient one will play 10 times as loud(in power output) with the same input. A difference of 10 times the power is usually perceived as around twice as loud. Even so, a 15 db efficiency difference between 97 and 112 is extremely significant.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:41 PM

i just bought Koss ke29e. and i use the smallest ear-cap thing. and they fit wonderfully. plus they sound really good. $25 at wal-mart. and before that i had sony mdr-ed21lp. $20 they say right on the box, "stable fit" and i have to tell you, they didn't lie. i successfully dirt biked with these in, and they did not come out. both IEM's i suggested sound very good for their price.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 PM

Darkside, i have had Sennheiser, Samsung, Skull Candy, Sony, and a few other random brands i found. The best of thoose were the Sennheiser, what i find is that they are not durable, after 6months of use i always get ^problems. THe SQ is superiour on the bose. thats what i think, and everone is entiled to their own opinion.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:41 AM

well if you like bass then go with the V-moda Bass freq
Earphones owned-V-Moda Bass Freq.JVC gumys,Samsung stocks
Wishlist-Meizu M6,Samsung U5,Cowon D2+,or Sansa Clip

Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
well if you like bass then go with the V-moda Bass freq
Yup, for the price they do rock (budget bass beasts).

Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Yup, for the price they do rock (budget bass beasts).
haha yeah and if you buy them you should buy them on amazon since their only 20 dollars. i paid 20 dollars extra for them at radioshack and i only think they had one color.
Earphones owned-V-Moda Bass Freq.JVC gumys,Samsung stocks
Wishlist-Meizu M6,Samsung U5,Cowon D2+,or Sansa Clip

Old 08-20-2009, 05:52 AM

Ultimate ears are just great... I had the metro 2 and the studio 3... thinking about getting the 5 pro... I guess I just got used to them...

Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khusrouf View Post
Ultimate ears are just great... I had the metro 2 and the studio 3... thinking about getting the 5 pro... I guess I just got used to them...
Altec Lansing UHP336 is a rebranded version of the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 Studio and is currently only $34.99 at Amazon. That's a great price! They wrap over the ears with "memory wire" that keeps its shape. They come with three sizes of silicone tips, one pair of dual-flange tips, and one pair of foam tips. I've had them for four months and I love them.

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-.../dp/B000Q7IA5E