android
Old 08-07-2009, 01:48 PM

Default Fiio E5 Charging Information

Ok, this is probably going to sound like the most retarded question of all time but I might as well ask anyways.

If your using your E5 in conjunction with your computer/laptop and you have it plugged in via USB but your playing music through it (have the audio components connected as well), will it draw down the battery or will it simply bypass the battery and use the direct current from the USB?

Note! I haven't tried doing this yet so I'm not sure if I can even listen to music through it while its charging but I just figured I'd ask before I potentially ruin the battery life.
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoPatrol View Post
Ok, this is probably going to sound like the most retarded question of all time but I might as well ask anyways.

If your using your E5 in conjunction with your computer/laptop and you have it plugged in via USB but your playing music through it (have the audio components connected as well), will it draw down the battery or will it simply bypass the battery and use the direct current from the USB?

Note! I haven't tried doing this yet so I'm not sure if I can even listen to music through it while its charging but I just figured I'd ask before I potentially ruin the battery life.
With mine, it seems to run just from the battery. Now I don't charge mine from the computer to begin with, I use a wall charger(whether or not that makes a difference), but it seems that I can listen away while it charges, but once the battery is topped, the charging stops.

If I wait an hour, listening all the while, unplug the charger, then plug it back in, the cycle will resume. I have read that some people hear electronic "noise" when theirs is plugged in to their computers while they listen, but as I use the wallcharger, I've never noticed that.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I have read that some people hear electronic "noise" when theirs is plugged in to their computers while they listen, but as I use the wallcharger, I've never noticed that.
Maybe they have the music playing from the computer... I know I here plenty of electrical noise coming out when I have headphones in!
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
Maybe they have the music playing from the computer... I know I here plenty of electrical noise coming out when I have headphones in!
That could be it.....my computer's audio goes into my stereo, and that's where my headphones plug in, so maybe that's why I don't hear the noise.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:52 AM

maybe. Your not missing out lol
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 08-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I know.....my way sounds much better.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Ha ha ha! I agree yeah I've noticed a bit of electrical noise sometimes when I have the line in directly into my headphone jack on my computer at work. I keep checking my cellphone to see if I have a text message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I know.....my way sounds much better.
Yeah. I should really buy a system I saw on a buy/sell site for $90 bucks to aleviate that problem. But at current if I bought it I'd have way to much audio equipment and not enough places to put it all
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 08-11-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoPatrol View Post
But at current if I bought it I'd have way to much audio equipment and not enough places to put it all
Wow. If that's your only worry - I wouldn't be worrying at all!!

My worry is wondering how I'll pay for it all!!
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 08-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Wow. If that's your only worry - I wouldn't be worrying at all!!

My worry is wondering how I'll pay for it all!!
Amen to that point too