android
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 PM

Default album art problems after upgrade 2.31b

well i just got my s9 yesterday and it far exceed my expectations! great little player. i can really tell the diffrence between my nokia 5800 and the s9 even though its through skull candy FMJ 11mm.

heres the problem. iam new to mediamonkey and is using that to keep things organized. iam using it in mtp mode. well before the upgrade i had all my album art showing, looked great. well after switching to msc and upgrading, i lost all my album art! i know i updated my music in mtp because i now have my playlist again, but no album art. what is going on? how do i get it back?

should i just keep the player in msc mode and update the music with mediamonkey? then all i have to do is make the playlist in MM and export it to a .m3p file and put it in the music folder on the s9? will that solve my album art problem?

thanks
romeo26

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 PM

well after searching...i tagged the missing album art to the songs through MM. deleted the songs off player, then re transferred songs to player with the art taged. most of them work, but how do i get all of them to work?

windows vista sees the album art tagged to the songs. should i click save art to folder?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:46 AM

if u use media monkey then make the following clear.

in the tools -> options section were u can configure the portable/audio devices, u have to make a setting.

1. double click on the cowon s9 entry
2. go to "device configuration" tab
3. activate the checkbox "copy album art to track tags"
at default, this checkbox isnt checked and therefore no cover images are in your files on the player...

Old 08-14-2009, 03:12 PM

Good day.

I have a small issue with my cowon. I have no idea why but the delete "button" is inactive and I can't erase any video files (erasing music is possible). When I bought my player everything seemed to work well (I recall removing a few v. files then) but it changed after upgrading firmware to 2.31b. Today I upgraded to 2.31b2 but the problem remains. Does anyone have Any suggestions on solving my problem?

Last edited by aphelion; 08-26-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Are you going through the Browser Folders to delete it? To make sure, go to the top menu, hit Browser, then hit the up-arrow on the left to make sure you're at the top (the title should be "Library"). Then you would think you would hit Video, right? Wrong. Hit Folders and then Video. There you should find your video files ready to be deleted.

Why can't you just delete your video files from the top Video directory? It's because the S9 UI was designed to be as difficult to use as possible. Anything as simple as deleting a file must be impossible somewhere in the UI, leaving the user staring at the file they want to delete while the device refuses because they took the most direct path to it.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:14 AM

Thank you very mych.