Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Default Major Problems with MP4 Nation and 0S-43

Just wondering if any of you have any ideas of what some of my options, if any, in this situation.

I purchased in a pre-sale two 4.3 inch screen players from a popular Chinese player site. Several people have had problems with this player from the start, including myself. It took 50 days to even get my players, and yeah I know, that should have been enough for me to cancel my order. After we received the players, we were told that the new firmware would address the problems we were having: constant crashing, multicolored vertical bars cross the screen, constant resetting, etc. Interestingly, the new firmware (which caused more problems) did not arrive for another two months, way past the deadline to return the players for a refund. What the admin. has been doing lately, is locking or deleting threads where people complain about this player. I have waiting patiently and tried to handle this situation with diplomacy until recently as it has gotten to the point where at least one customer was pleading for help with his situation and like the rest of us, he was being ignored and/or his threads deleted.

One of my players arrived with a crack in it. I sent it back in March and it was returned 2 months later even more damaged and non working. I sent it to China again, and have yet to see the replacement player they said they would send. Currently, the second player does not even turn on after changing firmware. Other then testing, it is still "new," but of course, not working. I have been asked to return it. Of course, this will be the third time I have to pay for shipping to China and I wonder if I will ever get any of my players back. Other than picking them up from or taking them to the post office, these players have not left my home office in 8 months because they have been so unreliable and I have spent months awaiting firmware updates.

I have called Paypal to open a dispute against the company, and I was told that because of the time that has elapsed, it is virtually impossible to fight, but that they will give it a try.. but no promises. I called my bank this morning, and they pretty much said the same thing.

Frustrated does not adequately describe how I feel. Anything else I can do or, do I just chuck it up to one of life's lessons and move on?

Last edited by Keeper; 08-06-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

mp4 nation, nationite, os-43