android
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM

Default Major Problems with MP4 Nation and 0S-43

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you have any ideas of what some of my options, if any, in this situation.

I purchased in a pre-sale two 4.3 inch screen players from a popular Chinese player site. Several people have had problems with this player from the start, including myself. It took 50 days to even get my players, and yeah I know, that should have been enough for me to cancel my order. After we received the players, we were told that the new firmware would address the problems we were having: constant crashing, multicolored vertical bars cross the screen, constant resetting, etc. Interestingly, the new firmware (which caused more problems) did not arrive for another two months, way past the deadline to return the players for a refund. What the admin. has been doing lately, is locking or deleting threads where people complain about this player. I have waiting patiently and tried to handle this situation with diplomacy until recently as it has gotten to the point where at least one customer was pleading for help with his situation and like the rest of us, he was being ignored and/or his threads deleted.

One of my players arrived with a crack in it. I sent it back in March and it was returned 2 months later even more damaged and non working. I sent it to China again, and have yet to see the replacement player they said they would send. Currently, the second player does not even turn on after changing firmware. Other then testing, it is still "new," but of course, not working. I have been asked to return it. Of course, this will be the third time I have to pay for shipping to China and I wonder if I will ever get any of my players back. Other than picking them up from or taking them to the post office, these players have not left my home office in 8 months because they have been so unreliable and I have spent months awaiting firmware updates.

I have called Paypal to open a dispute against the company, and I was told that because of the time that has elapsed, it is virtually impossible to fight, but that they will give it a try.. but no promises. I called my bank this morning, and they pretty much said the same thing.

Frustrated does not adequately describe how I feel. Anything else I can do or, do I just chuck it up to one of life's lessons and move on?

Last edited by Keeper; 08-06-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry, but time to move on. After all, how many times do you see us warn against purchasing these cheap chinese low quality players? Nothing we can do, so good luck w/your claim.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Sorry, but time to move on. After all, how many times do you see us warn against purchasing these cheap chinese low quality players? Nothing we can do, so good luck w/your claim.

You know Dark, the good thing about MP4 Nation is that, for the most part, people there are very knowledgeable and helpful. The SQ on some players is actually good. I have only owned Meizu, another rockchip player and these two that have never worked properly.

For a 4.3 inch screen video player with expandable memory, $90.00 was a steal price. However, it certainly has NOT been worth the headaches I have had with this product.

By the time I found ATBI, the only exp I had with PMPs and learning about them was with the Chinese players. I had not read any of the warnings here because when I first came here, I just read a few Samsung threads.
As prices have gone down on the "branded" players it has been easier for me to buy Sonnys and Samsungs. And what a difference if in just the security of knowing they will WORK!

What pisses me off most about this is the nonchalance with which the admin handles this stuff... "reset" "restore".. "reformat"... Forget the fact that you are constantly loosing your files, or in my case, my friend never got her Christmas gift. Yah.. probably to much of a sentimental expectation here.

This is probably, the most respected (usually supportive) Chinese player site on the web. I had had enough when last week one man posted this long impassioned plea.. I mean literally begging the admin to address the issues with his player... and at the same time. .trying to appeal to one of the moderators to support him... and begging that his thread not be closed.

WTF? You have to do stuff like this to be helped by someone with whom you spent your money? Of course, the thread was altogether deleted. Mine get locked these days and I am fine with that because I am done with them. MP4 Nation fanboys want to chime in with their indiscriminate loyalty to the company even in the face of all the documented problems with this player and/or problems of their own. I guess they do not want to risk being ganged up on in the forums or banned altogether.

So yeah, thanks.. you are right.... no more purchases from this place.. I might have to eat this situation and never see any working players. I tell ya, I will take not having 8 months of crap like this over saving $100.00 or so any damn day!

Last edited by Keeper; 08-06-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

All I'll say is hang around here, we can always use an intelligent person in the forums, and you fit the bill.

And, FWIW, I kinda' figured you we're talking about MP4 Nation.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
you including me there keeper!??
Maderin1,

Everyone knows that you are the backbone of MP4 Nation! If it were not for your efforts, many more people would never get their issues resolved. I have said this in my comments on Youtube. I have even created at least one thread thanking you for the help you gave me when I was trying to learn how to mod my R1.

You have read my posts and the TONS of questions and MONTHS I have put in trying to learn. I never associate you in the forums with the mess that goes on with the players because I know that as a moderator, that would put you in a bad situation, but at same time... I know you see both the good and the bad of how some things are handled.

Oh, but if you are referring to my comment about the plea to the moderator. .. yes, that was in reference to you. Lukeshandsford in his thread asked that in honor of your both being British, that you did not lock the thread. You told him that you had not locked threads. The ref. was to point out how far the situation had gone, not anything you yourself had or had not done.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM

my only say on this is that you were out of order insulting all forum member with the last comments you made, it was uncalled for, your battle is with the store NOT the forum members and those comments really pissed me off, many are happy and rightly so, you should not attack them for having or had a good time with their purchase.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
my only say on this is that you were out of order insulting all forum member with the last comments you made, it was uncalled for, your battle is with the store NOT the forum members and those comments really pissed me off, many are happy and rightly so, you should not attack them for having or had a good time with their purchase.
Well Maderin1,

I tried to show you respect that I thought was due. Your forum members often make comments that are sexist, homophobic, and even some racist comments in ref. to Chinese people. I never see any of you jumping on them about that. I do understand that we will see all sorts of comments in an online community. But it is interesting...Someone who is NEW.. and does not know the history of the LIES about the shipping dates, accessories, and features of this player thought s/he had right to criticize me for documenting the months of problems I had with this player and this company. But because he was kissing MP4 Nation's ass, he was not out of line.. my pointing out that he and the rest of the lackeys there kiss MP4 Nation's ass. is out of line! Ok.... then so be it.

I am tired of trying to be diplomatic when I am the one who got cheated here! Had I been a member of your little Good Ole Boys Club, this would not have come to this. Or maybe, MADERIN1... I could benefit from free sample players... so that if they do not work... I have not lost my money!

I have never made an unfair comment about MP4 Nation. I speak from my experiences. I have had no problem giving praise where praise due. But how DARE YOU think that just because a FEW people have never had problems with this player.. you can discount the very many people who have HAD problems. I do not have to make this up. IT IS DOCUMENTED ON YOUR FORUMS ...... WHERE THE THREADS HAVE NOT BEEN LOCKED OR DELETED!

And let me point something out to you MADERIN1.. I came to a WHOLE DIFFERENT SITE.. to ask for SUGGESTIONS about how to deal with this problem. .. And you follow me here to chastise me? Who is out of line now? MY OP did not even MENTION MP4 Nation.. out of not wanting to be perceived here as bad mouthing a company that maybe people here respect. Then after Darkside's response, I got to thinking about how I have no loyalty to this company. It has my money .. and have no working players! In fact, I only have ONE of the TWO players for which I paid. Interesting how DS knew which site I was talking about even without my mentioning the name of the company or the player in the OP. I went back and added that later.

I came here for HELP and some peace of mind AWAY from MP4 NATION! My second post did not mention you, but here you come... chiming in. You asked me a question and I answered giving you props. But that is not enough. You come at me with this nonsense? Can you offer up a solution to the non working player I have sitting on my desk? What about a solution about the player I sent in, that came back DAMAGED.. and I sent off again... but have not seen since MAY? Maybe, I should make a critical review on Youtube like one dissatisfied customer did and see if I get a refund too!

Nevertheless, if you are not offering up any help to me about this situation, then leave me alone because all you have done today is add fuel to the fire! I will not read any other message you leave here. I am certain this is not the place to even carry on about another site.. and I apologize to ABI users for having brought this much over here. It is not my intention nor desire to go back and forth with the Nationites here at ABI.

I will continue to look for support with ways to try to get my money or player back. Otherwise, I will just do what Darkside said.. move on and learn my lesson.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-08-2009 at 12:26 AM.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

wow u have Nationite R1, the first generation player.

i had used Meizu 6SL and never found any problem , but never use Nationite until now, i think china dap well-known for their bug but the price is really low and tempting, every dap has their own advantages and disadvantages.
i am planning to order Nationite, but still wait n see until now (already a few months).

i think you must blame the online shop for their bad service, just throw your nationite to rubbish bin because you were unlucky to get the bad one and the shop cannot help your problem and dont blame the community or DAP because the cheaper price means u get the bigger risk and lower customer service.
btw for mp4 nation community, i love their knowledge especially maderin (Honest and nice)

Last edited by a_tumiwa; 08-07-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
wow u have Nationite R1, the first generation player.

i had used Meizu 6SL and never found any problem , but never use Nationite until now, i think china dap well-known for their bug but the price is really low and tempting, every dap has their own advantages and disadvantages.
i am planning to order Nationite, but still wait n see until now (already a few months).

i think you must blame the online shop for their bad service, just throw your nationite to rubbish bin because you were unlucky to get the bad one and the shop cannot help your problem and dont blame the community or DAP because the cheaper price means u get the bigger risk and lower customer service.
btw for mp4 nation community, i love their knowledge especially maderin (Honest and nice)

1. The Meizu sounds great, but after two years people are still trying to get way too much money for it. I can get a P2 for less than I can get a Meizu.

2. The R1 sounds really good... awful navigation system though... great video quality. But I have had it for just over a year and I think the battery is busted. With better navigation, I would not hesitate to buy something like this again for the $50.00 or so I paid for it.

3. No one is blaming any other people in the forums. I responded to what I thought was a stupid and insensitive comment. I pointed out that it took FIFTY days to receive my players and ONE day for MP4 Nation to take my money. Then I listed all the other problems by the number of days things had gone on. Actually, I think it was a pretty good post! It is most likely deleted. I have not gone back there. Nevertheless, some nooB had the nerve to come back with I should have paid for better shipping... So yeah.. after 8 months of diplomacy... and watching how people were being cheated I spoke up. I am pretty sure that any intelligent person who does not consider themselves a lackey fanboy kiss-ass did not get offended. The one's who did, well.. should look at where they are putting their lips!

4. SORRY... no one gets criticized when they are "out of line" in support of MP4 Nation. Even during the pre-sale when people were speaking out about all of the delays and changes in the announced features of the players, there were a few of us who pointed out the inconsistencies. When we did, we got ganged up on and called names. People's posts were deleted... blah blah blah. One young man was always under fire. Many people were "out of line." See being out of line is determined by which side of the line ya on when you take action or speak up! Folks there were concerned about how the Admin was being treated. WTF? Do not have a several week hyped pre-sale event promising things you do not deliver. And as a customer, my bad for handing over my money for a players I knew little about!

5. After watching all of this, I had very bad feelings about what was going on and wanted to cancel my order, but this is what I get for going against my woman's intuition and trying to save money instead of save sanity and display common sense! So, I kick myself the hardest over all of this. This still does not mean that I should not hold MP4 Nation accountable for providing a working product for which I paid.

6. Generally speaking, most people think it is a bit ridiculous that I have gone 8 months without working players. *shrugs* makes sense to me!

7. Throw the players in the bin? Why SHOULD I have to do that? The one protection I thought I had was the one year warranty. Unfortunately, I have fewer days left in my warranty than I have had with both players in possession and with either player working! THAT is one of the points that I made in my post that folks did not like. But if the priviledged people with my money or the ones who get free players got their feathers ruffled, GOOD... my feathers have been altogether PLUCKED.

8. Time to put energy elsewhere... I still owe my friend a PMP as a gift...looking at the Zune HD and Egg.... as all she keeps talking about these days is an Ipod Touch. Whatcha think?

Last edited by Keeper; 08-16-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Get her the Zune HD & she'll marry you.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

ipod touch??? u know... someone in china was forced to suicude because of that brand. Don`t support that player! before he died, he sent some sms to his girlfriend , farewell messages.... pity that man

Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned

Get her the Egg and she can develop stuff to put on it.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Wow, we're all a confusing lot,..... ain't we?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but it was great to come to this thread and LOL for a change!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

darkside recommended zune hd, dreamnine recommended creative egg, and i recommend samsung M1 .
Give her M1 and she`ll give u baby

Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
ipod touch??? u know... someone in china was forced to suicude because of that brand. Don`t support that player! before he died, he sent some sms to his girlfriend , farewell messages.... pity that man
Hysterical.... Itouch is THAT bad, eh?

Quote:
Pretty much! But I have read about all of the players you all suggested. They look that they will be great. I am not getting anything until Dec. so by then, hopefully they will all be in stores and I can test them out myself and make a choice.

Quote:
darkside recommended zune hd, dreamnine recommended creative egg, and i recommend samsung M1 .
Give her M1 and she`ll give u baby
Now Tumiwa,

If THAT happens... we shall be two very popular and rich women!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Get her the Egg and she can develop stuff to put on it.

Naw... she is not into anything like that. If she had a problem with a player she would not so much as come to a forum to ask a question before she would just return it. She is not a techie or anything at all.

Speaking of problems, I followed someone's lead on Youtube who posted a video about his experiences with MP4 Nation: I just kept leaving messages about what happened to me and I got an email saying they send my player back today. Ya, I know it never really worked.. and it was a pain in the ass, but it still would be nice to have the shit I paid for. "The shit I paid for," how come I can hear a whole lot of quips about THAT line. Still have another to send back too!

Thanks for the suggestions, Everyone.

K.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

good luck ,
i hope the player is really coming and no damage anymore.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
good luck ,
i hope the player is really coming and no damage anymore.
Oh well, I had tried to give this man the benefit of the doubt, but he did exactly what I thought he would do, send me another busted player: scratches, multiple cracks in the molding, and immediately after turning it own... I got a dead screen with multiple multi-color lines.

So, if nothing else at this point, hopefully this will save someone the shit I went through!

Oh.. and now I see he has blocked me from even accessing the Ticket System so that I can return the other player that does not work. Wow, this guy is a real piece of work! He flat out stole my money!

Last edited by Keeper; 09-05-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i cancel my plan to buy nationite

Tags
mp4 nation, nationite, os-43