android
Old 08-01-2009, 05:46 PM

Default iriver p7 - firmware 1.37 ?

Can I have please a link for the last firmware (as I know- 1.37)?
Anyway I tried to find it in the official site and i didn't find.
please if someone can help me.

TNX

Editing: nevermind, I solved the problem

Last edited by Dean_92; 08-02-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: solved

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2009, 09:07 AM

How is the device bearing up under the new firmware? Interface more responsive? Better video playback? Generally more stable?

At the current price I'm quite tempted to get a P7 mainly for video playback, but wondered how it handled generally on the move?

Old 09-07-2009, 03:32 AM

1.37 sucks. Does not play .ape it used to play in 1.28. Tried to downgrade and bricks the device. Don't upgrade.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by configer View Post
1.37 sucks. Does not play .ape it used to play in 1.28. Tried to downgrade and bricks the device. Don't upgrade.
Seems that pretty much everyone on this forum has had problems with updating firmware. Are there any happy P7 users out there with succesfully upgraded P7's?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 AM

I just received my P7 and it has FW 1.15 and is working perfectly. I've added some movies and music with no problems. What does the FW update?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:41 PM

Went from 1.15 to 1.28 with Firmware updater. Hear that Plus3 offers 1.37 but can't get to it due to the network error bug. 1.28 is fine though.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM

I was lucky, it would seem. Upgraded to 1.37 through the Plus3 software with no issues. It seems that firmware upgrades could only be done through the Plus3 software - I can't seem to find standalone firmware downloads for the P7 on the iRiver site.

As for the 1.37 update, it seemed to solve the audio sync issues with higher bitrate movie files, though I can't be certain. I can't seem to find any info on what this update does.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM

I was 1.28 and I was having problems with charging, I can no longer tell if my P7 is charged or not, as the battery bar usually shows 1 bar after 12+ hours of "power only" charging on my pc. the device itself runs for a very long time, so it IS charging, but the battery meter is useless. I upgraded my firmware to 1.37 without any problems, but it did not fix this problem unfortunately.

They still havent added Brisbane Australia as a time location, which is unfortunate, and there is still no easy way to remove all items from the quicklist (most annoying indeed) the firmware upgrade adds the rather tacky and useless whiteboard (basicly a very simple drawing application). it also seems to have improved audio sync on higher bitrate movies, they still start out de-synced, but if you dont fast forward, or change positions, the audio become more insync as the movie continues.

Does anyone else find that the white paint on the charging cover (on the bottom of the device) comes off way too easy? mine is now missing about 20% of the white paint, revealing the metal underneath. not a real problem, but it looks ugly.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 PM

My experience with iRiver firmware upgrades has not been pleasant, so I'm still running 1.15 on my iRiver P7.

Is there any 'compelling' reason to upgrade?

Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM

been running few weeks with 1.28 now. the first-second or so cut off of MP3 playback seems to be resolved from 1.15, but the fade-in option turned off does not turn it off. Not a serious problem. All my videos have played fine but I haven't tried a really high quality high BPS video though. DOES ANYONE KNOW if the color of the LED in the corner EVER changes from RED? Mine turned to PURPLE one day and it was frozen and I had to reset it.!